Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? (33436 Views)

Why Igbos Always Travel Home During Christmas Period - Come Rain, Come Shine / Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival / Is Rain Making In Nigeria Real, Fake Or Just A Myth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by izzieman: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
neocortex:

Check here :

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/climate-weather/meteorologists/cloud-seeding1.htm

and here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding

I strongly believe it was what my Grandfather used to do with some plants. If I tell you that you can walk in the rain without the rain touching you by holding some tree branches, you probably would not believe it.

There is also a tree in Benue state where no matter how much rain falls, no drop of water gets on the ground within the radius of its branches.

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by izzieman: 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dammyrosky:
Artificial rain?? If u like dey do all sort of things make rain fall, nd vice versa, if it's not in God's plan naa zero u get

God however gave us a lot of knowledge, some of which are getting lost because we fell into the doubt of what we do not understand. Unfortunately, theses doubts were sown into our minds in the days of colonization and enslavement.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by iamkingzlee(m): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
I was in Owerri last week for a wedding! the bride's father refused to pay the 'rain maker' asper a religious man naaa. The rain that fell ehnn shocked The man was later paid shaa.. and in less than 10minutes the rain stopped. Sooo this is Spiritual!
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
[s]
California30:
I learned how to make rain fall even in dry season when i was in Nigeria, my grandfather was a voodoo priest.
The only items you need is bricks (stones) ogirisi (only the Igbo's will know this) Ukpaka(only the Igbo's knows what it is)

You make a huge fire and you're good to go.
It's not done in public.
Our forefathers are the greatest scientists, making artificial rain is no magic, Smokes and evaporation is what makes the cloud cloudy and rainy.
And the funny part is that it will only be falling in a that particular area you made the stuff.
[/s]
Crap

You must be high on bull fûcking shîts
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by foriz4u(m): 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Opioko:
I've heard so much about the artificial method deployed in providing rain, better known as artificial rain making, usually done traditionally and curiosity got a better part of me to open this thread to grab what I can on how it it is done, please, guys I really wanna know how it is done .... those that are knowledgeable on this area should come fill me in...

please, mods, you can help by pushing this to the headquarters....

Why do u need such information? If only u can give me a concrete reason I'll help u with d info u need.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by 3kay945(m): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
omusiliyu:
There is nothing like artificial rain making.. It's only one person that knows about each drop of rain on earth...

GOD

Really
lipsrsealed
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by nomskill: 11:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
Even as a core Geographer, I refuse to bliv dis crap, but bliv me its works, u can induce rain and prevent it frm falling, don't ask me hw? Cos d day my lecturer suppose teach us, he refuse to com sch dat
day!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by fratermathy(m): 12:04am On Oct 11, 2015
llaykorn:

You've been reading too many conspiracy theory novels. cheesy

@Sukkot
This dude reminds me of a character I saw in a movie who believes the government is personally spying on him and monitoring him through his television and wall clock! He believes illuminati is behind virtually everything that goes on in this world including University admissions! I never knew we now have such people in Nigeria! cheesy grin. It is well o
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tk4rd: 12:11am On Oct 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Common bro there is nothing to debunk here..

Cloud seeding is a common knowledge...

Every rain making process involves burning of some leaves and the smoke of these leaves has the same effect on a rain cloud as a silver iodine.

Wonder why nobody makes rain in the harmattan? Because there is no rain cloud ..

Rain making is just a typical local form of cloud seeding. . .

Told you that what people tern magic are just things they just don't understand how it is done...
Ever wondered how these ancestors knew about cloud seeding even before air-planes came to be.?
Modern science taught them.? Or they just learnt it from no where.?
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by fratermathy(m): 12:11am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:
just say this is beyond your sphere of understanding. you are just a blind passenger in the world. there are several parallel dimensions of reality in this world. not everyone you see walking is on your level spiritually. there are the spiritually blind, which you will fall in that category, and then there are those whose spiritual eyes are wide open. this world is not what you think it is. thats why you chase money and wealth 24 7. you are in a destroyed dimension called the third dimension. the only thing you can conceive of is the material world

My guy don't use spirituality as a cloak here. There is no single relationship between spirituality and conspiracy theories. You are just one demented goner who needs to spend more time meditating than talking and writing whatever comes to your head or even believing whatever you read or hear. This world has survived for billions of years and will do so for more to come, keep your conspiracies to yourself. Soon you'd say Illuminati killed Yaradua or illuminati is behind Boko Haram or illuminati is the reason why we are black. Smh Whatever happened to reading good novels and textbooks? Can't you just be normal and live life? Very soon I'm sure you'd say EFCC, CIA, ICPC and FBI are monitoring you through your toilet!
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tk4rd: 12:25am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:
Who do you think controls this planet ? you better get aware cuz you are in darkness. everything is controlled by the illuminated ones. the 13 family. one of the families the rothschilds own half of the money on this planet. they are worth 500 trillion dollars. thats who control everything. they even own the central bank in nigeria
Start coming back.. U don go far..

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tk4rd: 12:38am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:
just say this is beyond your sphere of understanding. you are just a blind passenger in the world. there are several parallel dimensions of reality in this world. not everyone you see walking is on your level spiritually. there are the spiritually blind, which you will fall in that category, and then there are those whose spiritual eyes are wide open. this world is not what you think it is. thats why you chase money and wealth 24 7. you are in a destroyed dimension called the third dimension. the only thing you can conceive of is the material world
Now I think I am really getting interested.. What else is there to live for in this world if not for happiness and fulfilment, which most of the times come through wealth and riches, and some times through knowledge, and sometimes by doing things other people cannot do, and sometimes, the hope of making it to heaven.. What else are humans supposed to be doing here on earth.??
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tk4rd: 12:53am On Oct 11, 2015
izzieman:

It's attitudes like yours that made Africans lose a lot of their science some to so called Religious figures sent by European government to not only close our eyes and minds but steal whatever knowledge we had that was alien to them.

My Grandfather was a rain maker and I still remember what plants he used to make the rains not to fall and how to reverse the process to make rain fall. I wish I had not followed all the European brainwashing and learnt all the science from him.

The USSR, the USA and Canada carried out cloud seeding experiments in the sixties, sentries and eighties where they were able to make rain fall so there is a science to it. Who is to say those plants my grand father used did not have the same ingredients used in the Experiments by these nations?

If you still know the leaves, and can still recognise them, then, you can start up a research to know the chemicals inside these leaves.. Biologists and biochemists can help u out.. I wish I know these leaves too.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tk4rd: 12:57am On Oct 11, 2015
foriz4u:

Why do u need such information? If only u can give me a concrete reason I'll help u with d info u need.
Maybe he did some event recently, and he was told to settle the "rain maker"..
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Sobrit(m): 5:19am On Oct 11, 2015
Rain making is pure science and not voodoo though mostly the local people make it seem it is voodoo just like the use of herbs in disease treatment. In sciences it is called cloudseeding. With little knowedge anybody wth d heart can make rain though it may have some consequences which you shld be aware how to mitigate
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by mechanics(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2015
Funi, u wan start wetin u no fit finish, if u want to knw, u need to go traditional, and do wat dey do.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by johnydon22(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2015
tk4rd:
Ever wondered how these ancestors knew about cloud seeding even before air-planes came to be.?
Modern science taught them.? Or they just learnt it from no where.?

WTF is wrong with you all were they not humans? were they not intelligent beings?

the problem is that most of you have no idea the history of Africa. . . Why didn't you ask me how they built houses too?

In igbo langauge Odinani is practised as both science and religious art. they had knowledge of astrology, music, botany, mkpisi (maths) medicine..

Ancient igbos successfully divided the year in 365 days of 4 days in a week, 7weeks in a month and 13months in a year plus 1 day.

they knew a herb that could cure any ailment. . . .These people were not some bunch of black illiterate monkeys like you have been taught.

They had these knowledge the white men made us discard our own version of knowledge for theirs..

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Opioko: 8:09am On Oct 11, 2015
Achilies:
Op rain makers are real.
I know this cause my father and his father's before him. The secrets I know but because of Christianity I choose to abandon such practice.
can you share please? there are people that needs the knowledge you have...
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Opioko: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2015
foriz4u:

it forms part of my assessment this semester smiley

please help...
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Opioko: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2015
nomskill:
Even as a core Geographer, I refuse to bliv dis crap, but bliv me its works, u can induce rain and prevent it frm falling, don't ask me hw? Cos d day my lecturer suppose teach us, he refuse to com sch dat
day!! shocked shocked shocked
please, I'd love if you could share this knowledge here, please...
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by joehis2013: 8:33am On Oct 11, 2015
Read about the russian rain experiment
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by franugo(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2015
jmichlins:

You really need some serious upbringing but am not your mom. You don't need to insult someone to prove a point but lack of good home training has deprived you of that

insult Did i insult anybody I said d conclusion was foolish, did i say d person dt made it was foolish?? Pls dont annoy me today abeg, am in a very sour mood right now....and bro, dont ever write abt my mother in ur life again.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by flylykace: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2015
California30:
I learned how to make rain fall even in dry season when i was in Nigeria, my grandfather was a voodoo priest.
The only items you need is bricks (stones) ogirisi (only the Igbo's will know this) Ukpaka(only the Igbo's knows what it is)

You make a huge fire and you're good to go.
It's not done in public.
Our forefathers are the greatest scientists, making artificial rain is no magic, Smokes and evaporation is what makes the cloud cloudy and rainy.
And the funny part is that it will only be falling in a that particular area you made the stuff.

And they do no eat anything on the process of rain making but that stone is usually spiritual
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 9:51am On Oct 11, 2015
fratermathy:

@Sukkot
This dude reminds me of a character I saw in a movie who believes the government is personally spying on him and monitoring him through his television and wall clock! He believes illuminati is behind virtually everything that goes on in this world including University admissions! I never knew we now have such people in Nigeria! cheesy grin. It is well o
you really dont understand the world you are living in. but that is how it is designed. the enlightened few have to control the zombies by keeping them in the dark. it is not my job to enlighten you because if it was your portion to be enlightened the cosmic messengers would have made sure to pluck you out of the land of the dead ( walking dead ) into the land of the living. grin
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 9:58am On Oct 11, 2015
tk4rd:
Now I think I am really getting interested.. What else is there to live for in this world if not for happiness and fulfilment, which most of the times come through wealth and riches, and some times through knowledge, and sometimes by doing things other people cannot do, and sometimes, the hope of making it to heaven.. What else are humans supposed to be doing here on earth.??
spiritual immortality, increased frequency of vibration which will lenghten your life-span cuz we are coming to an age when the chosen few would start living to biblical age again and will never get old. its all about your electromagnetic frequency of vibration. the chosen few will start living to nearly a thousand years like in the days of methuselah and cosmic ascension and dominance over the earthly realm. conquering the earthly realm spiritually to where you know how everything functions. wisdom knowledge and understanding. see those trapped in materialism are destroyed and are just blind passengers in this world. they will come and do their little 70 years and die off. they are low level beings.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 9:59am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:
spiritual immortality, increased frequency of vibration which will lenghten your life-span cuz we are coming to an age when the chosen few would start living to biblical age again and will never get old. its all about your electromagnetic frequency of vibration. the chosen few will start living to nearly a thousand years like in the days of methuselah and cosmic ascension and dominance over the earthly realm. conquering the earthly realm spiritually to where you know how everything functions. wisdom knowledge and understanding. see those trapped in materialism are destroyed and are just blind passengers in this world. they will come and do their little 70 years and die off. they are low level beings.
fratermathy:

My guy don't use spirituality as a cloak here. There is no single relationship between spirituality and conspiracy theories. You are just one demented goner who needs to spend more time meditating than talking and writing whatever comes to your head or even believing whatever you read or hear. This world has survived for billions of years and will do so for more to come, keep your conspiracies to yourself. Soon you'd say Illuminati killed Yaradua or illuminati is behind Boko Haram or illuminati is the reason why we are black. Smh Whatever happened to reading good novels and textbooks? Can't you just be normal and live life? Very soon I'm sure you'd say EFCC, CIA, ICPC and FBI are monitoring you through your toilet!
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:
ChokolateBoss:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Laugh don make me press Diezani bweasts grin grin

More please. 'Enlighten' us O master! grin
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by fratermathy(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:
you really dont understand the world you are living in. but that is how it is designed. the enlightened few have to control the zombies by keeping them in the dark. it is not my job to enlighten you because if it was your portion to be enlightened the cosmic messengers would have made sure to pluck you out of the land of the dead ( walking dead ) into the land of the living. grin

Oh yes I understand this world. My friend, just get a life. Illuminati and the government isn't behind everything that goes on in this world.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2015
fratermathy:

Oh yes I understand this world. My friend, just get a life. Illuminati and the government isn't behind everything that goes on in this world.
of course illuminati and govt is not behind everything. God is. They all work for God.

amos 9 vs 6 It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; << THE ILLUMINATI AND GOVT ARE HIS TROOP IN THE EARTH
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2015
sukkot:

Oh wow! U must be such an 'enlightened' spiritual master.
I have never met anyone as enlightened n intelligent as u are. In fact u're too smart 2 be among 'mere' mortals like us. Ur parents must be so proud meehn...

Hope u aint tired yet, oya kontinu cry
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Oh wow! U must be such an 'enlightened' spiritual master.
I have never met anyone as enlightened n intelligent as u are. In fact u're too smart 2 be among 'mere' mortals like us. Ur parents must be so proud meehn...

Hope u aint tired yet, oya kontinu cry
sarcasm haha wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Pre-Wedding Dinner Of Ahmed Sanusi And His Beautiful Bride / Samuel Adegbola: Supreme Court Dethrones First-Class Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa / Photos: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Is All Shades Of Handsome In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.