Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators (18459 Views)

I Won’t Allow Nigeria To Be Dismembered -buhari / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / 'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by dre11(m): 7:35am On Oct 12, 2015
All Progressives Congress (APC) Senators have said they will not allow their colleagues from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) any chance to disqualify President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominees when confirmation hearing opens tomorrow.
The Senate Thursday approved guidelines for confirmation of ministerial nominees which gave PDP senators enormous powers over who becomes a minister from their states.
There are three senators from each state and one of the guidelines requires a nominee to get the backing of at least two senators before he or she is confirmed by the Senate.

This puts Buhari’s nominees from the South-South and South-East at the mercy of opposition since his party has no senators from the eleven states in the two zones.
On Wednesday, Senator George Sekibo (PDP, Rivers East) tabled a petition seeking the rejection of the nomination of former of governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi.
However, in an exclusive interview with Daily Trust yesterday, Senate Leader Ali Ndume said they would resist any attempt by the PDP Senators to disqualify any nominee.
“We won’t allow the PDP senators to disqualify the ministerial nominees because they are qualified and suitable for the federal cabinet in line with the Constitution of the country.
“Even though we will allow the PDP Senators to do their job, we will not allow them to use any selfish interest to push down the ministerial nominees.
“The interest of the country should be the utmost interest of all of us now,” he said in a phone interview.

Reacting to the report that the nominees are lobbying the PDP Senators, Ndume said there was nothing bad in that.
He said: “It is normal and this has been the tradition everywhere including in the United States.
“In fact, let me tell you, as the Majority leader and chief marketer of the nominees, I have been lobbying my colleagues.
“I have reached out to two Senators from Rivers state who were my colleagues at the House of Reps. I have spoken to Senator George Sekibo and Senator Olaka Johnson Nwogu for them to support Amaechi.
“We will not let our ministerial nominees suffer unnecessarily but in doing this we will follow due process.
“As we have said the screening will be different this time around because we will follow the Constitutional provisions”.
But he added: “Let me tell you, the issue of getting two Senators is not sacrosanct”.
Meanwhile, our correspondent reports that the ministerial nominees are making last minutes move to meet the conditions set by the Senate for the screening.
It was reliably gathered that the nominees have declared their assets at the Code of Conduct Bureau and are now lobbying Senators from their respective states.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/we-won-t-allow-pdp-senators-to-disqualify-ministerial-nominees-apc-senators/114594.html

lalasticlala
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by OnankpaBa(m): 7:36am On Oct 12, 2015
lol. isokay. We are waiting.

All am sure of is Ameachi for Minister of Niger Delta

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 12, 2015
Which yeye APC Senators? You mean the inconsequential Tinubu's 23 loser Senators? What can they do?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 12, 2015
Let them disqualify them.. They will end up delaying their ministerial slot.. After all they have been complaining of being marginalized

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:
“Let me tell you, the issue of getting two Senators is not sacrosanct
Coming from the senate leader, Ameachi, Ngige, Fayemi and Fashola can go and rest. Nothing can derail their confirmation. Hateful PDP senators can only bark, they can't do nothing to the anointed ministers.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:42am On Oct 12, 2015
Only an unrepentant Wailer Would Believe Senators have the "liver" to reject any of the nominees!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by seunmsg(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2015

Coming from the senate leader, Ameachi, Ngige, Fayemi and Fashola can go and rest. Nothing can derail their confirmation. Hateful PDP senators can only bark, they can't do nothing to the anointed ministers.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:
[s]Which yeye APC Senators? You mean the inconsequential Tinubu's 23 loser Senators? What can they do?[/s]

I told you Pa Chukwuode! This one no be that Security Guard job u dey do for Ijora olopa!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

Only on the condition that the Senate President decides to waive the law dear!!! Yes the same Saraki you so much deride!!That is the enormity of his powers!!! Poor you!! You are now at the mercy of Saraki

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2015
seunmsg:

I don't know why you guys keep addinG, Fashola! Nobody is opposinG fashola's nomination from Lagos State! Taniods, vanguard and Tribune Newspapers are just making up news to see if they can cause bad blood withing Lagos APC

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by emamos: 7:49am On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I told you Pa Chukwuode! This one no be that Security Guard job u dey do for Ijora olopa
__
glad he s now employed

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:50am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

[s]Only on the condition that the Senate President decides to waive the law dear!!! Yes the same Saraki you so much deride!!That is the enormity of his powers!!! Poor you!! You are now at the mercy of Saraki[/s]

You are now sounding subdued and very humble!

34 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by ijustdey: 7:55am On Oct 12, 2015
He said: “It is normal and this has been the
tradition everywhere including in the United States.
“In fact, let me tell you, as the Majority leader and
chief marketer of the nominees
, I have been lobbying my colleagues.

when your product are good..... you can boast anywhere that you are marketing such.

I still believe these minister that the president picked are the once he felt he could work with and control without external forces having dominion over them.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by seunmsg(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Only on the condition that the Senate President decides to waive the law dear!!! Yes the same Saraki you so much deride!!That is the enormity of his powers!!! Poor you!! You are now at the mercy of Saraki

Old man, nobody is at the mercy of Saraki. In fact, Saraki is at the mercy of the party. He will only be aggravating his problems if he makes any silly attempt to oppose the presidents nominees.

Even Lai Mohammed who was nominated by Tinubu from Kwara against Saraki's desire will get a smooth sailing. Saraki and his PDP noise making friends can only bark, they can't bite.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by theV0ice: 7:55am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Didn't want to get involved on threads about ministers but couldn't resist laughing at this cheesy cheesy cheesy

Our bad-belle in chief is gradually shifting grounds......like he always does wink

1st:Buhari will not nominate Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi, Ngige

next:They will never be confirmed by the senate

Now:They will be confirmed as long as they lobby Saraki

plain comedy i tell ya cheesy cheesy

21 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Only an unrepentant Wailer Would Believe Senators have the "liver" to reject any of the nominees!
Senator who themselves have skeleton in their wardrobes

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2015
Okay
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by BIBILISTIC(f): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Ok
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Leyemoshood: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2015
Nice one Ndume

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/0
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by nairaman66(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2015
Tuke tuke politics! Accusations and counter accusations.. Will Nigeria really move forward?

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by free2ryhme: 8:08am On Oct 12, 2015
PD¶ just dey look for relevance they can't do anything to disqualify APC candidates
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by lilprinze: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
bunch of noise makers
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Amack(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
First branch of buhari noise maker's.
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by free2ryhme: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
Empty threats from wailing wailers

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
APC mofos senators talking as if dey own the National Assembly. PDP will put dem to their toes

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by bonechamberlain(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2015
this Nigeria angry
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by ketekete: 8:10am On Oct 12, 2015
It will take a miracle for this country to move forward.
I don't know who is fooling who here,
PDP or APC?
Chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by brixton: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
H
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by tammie24: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Is the APC afraid of PDP senators
Thought they were confident of their choices if they are qualified then they have nothing to worry about undecided
Re: We Won’t Allow PDP Senators To Disqualify Ministerial Nominees - APC Senators by Babangida70(m): 8:14am On Oct 12, 2015
never again shall PDPIGGS pocket this country again

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afenifere Attacks Buhari For Clearing SGF, Babachir Lawal Of Corruption / FG Meets Investor Of Modular Refinery Project In Gbaramatu Kingdom / APC Holds Campaign Rally In Funtua LGA, Kastina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.