Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience (1402 Views)

How To Use Supercard Dstwo Play Games On 3ds V6.2.0-12 /dsi V1.45 And Ds Lite / Which Is Latest Kernel And Where To Download For Ds/dsl/dsi 1.4.1? / Where To Get Nintendo Ds Games In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience by kosovo(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2009
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has stated that there is no point in making mature games for the DS. Patcher reasons that there is no audience that purchases such games. Meanwhile, in spite of the sales of GTA: Chinatown Wars, Take-Two will continue to support the DS.

“There may be a lot of ‘adults’ who own DS hardware, but look at the ads: America Ferrera, Liv Tyler, Beyonce, and Carrie Underwood are all targeted at teen girls or women. It’s pretty clear to me that the ‘older’ DS demographic is largely female, and that they play Brain Training, Nintendogs, and Rhythm Heaven, not GTA: Chinatown Wars. There’s no point making games for an audience that is not there.”

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that it’s pointless to create more mature titles for the DS. In spite of the fact that the sales of Chinatown Wars have been underwhelming thus far, it might be best to see how the title performs in the long haul.

Meanwhile, in spite of the sales of GTA: Chinatown Wars, Take-Two will continue to support the DS.

“We have and we will continue to support the platform. We think the mature segment of the DS market is growing.”
MORE?
Re: Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience by ElRazur: 10:58am On Apr 26, 2009
I don't think "Mature games" have been the selling point for Nintendo DS though. From the days of the Gameboy down to its current reincarnation, its been always about fun games I would think.
Re: Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience by utotomi3(m): 5:40pm On May 04, 2009
ElRazur:
From the days of the Gameboy down to its current reincarnation, its been always about fun games I would think.

This is wrong, when gameboy advance came out, many hardcore ps2 titles were moved to the gameboy advance such as tekken 4, mortal kombat deadly alliance, grand turismo, and other hardcore games. The nintendo gameboy, the gameboy pocket, and the gameboy color also had some hardcore games of their own.

It is the Nintendo's next generation systems that are centered at casual first time gamers (Nintendo DS and The nintendo Wii) The systems were deliberately made less powerfull than their counterparts the PS3 and Xbox360 because the games they offer (4 year old games) do not need as much processing power. Believe it or not the processing power of the nintendo Wii is slightly greater if not equal to the processing power of the PS2. The Xbox (the first Xbox) is by far more powerfull than the Wii. (Nintendo Wii does not deserve to be called a next generation console with the PS3 and 360, it belongs in the class of the last generation (ps2 and xbox)

My final word: NINTENDO WII IS NOT FOR HARCORE GAMERS BUT FOR CASUAL GAMERS!!
Re: Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience by Badriyyah(f): 5:50pm On May 04, 2009
You use the word "casual gamers a lot". The Wii and DS are not only for casual gamers, but for Hard core gamers as well. You can't just restrict it to one party because you feel so. 

“There may be a lot of ‘adults’ who own DS hardware, but look at the ads: America Ferrera, Liv Tyler, Beyonce, and Carrie Underwood are all targeted at teen girls or women. It’s pretty clear to me that the ‘older’ DS demographic is largely female, and that they play Brain Training, Nintendogs, and Rhythm Heaven

See that's the main problem. They market all these girlie games to girls and it's annoying.
Re: Pachter: It's Pointless To Make Mature Ds Games For Nonexistent Audience by utotomi3(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2009
Badriyyah, you are my new best friend! grin I am seeing what I never thought I would see in my life. A female hardcore gamer!! What consoles are you using by the way, including handheld consoles. What was your first cosole and in which year grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Wii-u Version Of Need For Speed Gets A Co-driver Mode / 10 Benefits Of Video Games / We Buy Car Battery, Motor Battery, Trailer Battery, Dry Cell, Wet Cell, Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.