Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,614 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) (17388 Views)

Anioma: Our Igbo Origin Is Not In Doubt / Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees And Their State Of Origin / FG To Remove State Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
I'm a student and my school has just requested for certificate of state of origin which it would be my first time ever I've heard of it. Personally I'm against filling forms with 'state of origin' Reason is because we are all Nigerians! And we lie to our self believe we are living as ONE. So if we are one, what is the need of state of Origin? Rather 'state of residence' would had been much more better.

Now there is a certificate?
Please what is the difference btw 'certificate of state of origin' and 'national passport(for countries)'?? Its like 36 countries in one continent called Nigeria, The state governors are the president, and buhari is the president of Africa Nigeria union. I'm seriously against it so much so if I am president for a day, I would scrap anything that relates to 'state of origin' if possible native language too, and everybody should speak english. If we continue like this, we can never be united or move on as a country.

As I'm speaking to you now, I'm at delta state liaison office to pick up my certificate, and I was sent out ANGRILLY by the lady Woman at the reception because I can translate what she told me in english to isoko? Since when did 'language' become a criteria for citizenship? I even told her my name is OgheneKaro. I grew up in lagos and had parent of entirely different ethnic groups, so they spoke english to each other as both are well educated. I personally does not see learning local dialect as any advantage apart from 'cheating' and 'hate'. So I've called my dad to come over.

One girl came to tell me to go and beg her, I told her I can't beg her......

I even hate the state of origin thing from start so I'm not even feeling remorse about the language issue.

UPDATE
*My dad later called to speak with her, I had to beg her to speak to my dad sha. Imagine.....smh
Its currently processing

*i fogot to metion, I PAID 2000 NAIRA... I mean for what?? Who does the money go to? But then international passport is also paid for.

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by benedictnsi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Chimarto: 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
NOTED!
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by hob(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
i concur with yu
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
hob:
i concur with yu

Ehn be concouring na....who get time argue?
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by slightlyMad(f): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
stay there, osun state liason office is asking for 5000 naira
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Chinachriss(m): 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
A man who can't speak his language is a slave. Op, try and learn your language. That's your identity.

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Ayomidesamuel333: 9:31am On Nov 03, 2016
pls is dere ekiti liaison in Lagos state, if yes pls where??
who nos more abt Abraham Adesanya poly
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by drnoel: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2016
I'm a student and my school has just requested for certificate of state of origin which it would be my first time ever I've heard of it. Personally I'm against filling forms with 'state of origin' Reason is because we are all Nigerians! And we lie to our self believe we are living as ONE. So if we are one, what is the need of state of Origin? Rather 'state of residence' would had been much more better.

Now there is a certificate?
Please what is the difference btw 'certificate of state of origin' and 'national passport(for countries)'?? Its like 36 countries in one continent called Nigeria, The state governors are the president, and buhari is the president of Africa Nigeria union. I'm seriously against it so much so if I am president for a day, I would scrap anything that relates to 'state of origin' if possible native language too, and everybody should speak english. If we continue like this, we can never be united or move on as a country.

As I'm speaking to you now, I'm at delta state liaison office to pick up my certificate, and I was sent out ANGRILLY by the lady Woman at the reception because I can translate what she told me in english to isoko? Since when did 'language' become a criteria for citizenship? I even told her my name is OgheneKaro. I grew up in lagos and had parent of entirely different ethnic groups, so they spoke english to each other as both are well educated. I personally does not see learning local dialect as any advantage apart from 'cheating' and 'hate'. So I've called my dad to come over.

One girl came to tell me to go and beg her, I told her I can't beg her......

I even hate the state of origin thing from start so I'm not even feeling remorse about the language issue.

UPDATE
*My dad later called to speak with her, I had to beg her to speak to my dad sha. Imagine.....smh
Its currently processing

*i fogot to metion, I PAID 2000 NAIRA... I mean for what?? Who does the money go to? But then international passport is also paid for.

Yep, also had such rubbish problem in the past. My only saving grace that day was my cousin was councillor that the district the silly local government was located and was at the LGA that day.
Unlike u I had abused the woman to hell before I walked away and saw my cousin drive in. He just took my data and went him himself to process it, then he drove us to town, treated me to bush meat snd odeme. By the time we drove back it was ready. He then drove me to the local government chairman's house we signed it and he drove me back. That was a long long time ago.

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by blackpanda: 10:22am On Nov 03, 2016
Lol Op u are right, its hightime we do away with certificate of origin but rather evidence of residence

But take it from someone with experience, if u cant speak ur language you are greatly disadvantaged. This is not the end o. Get ready to keep calling daddy till u grow old grin. I know, because am in ur shoes.

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria!
Theatre of the Absurd
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria!
Theatre of the Absurd

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by BVN0: 10:39am On Nov 03, 2016
I don't understand children of these days, especially these Lagos branch non yorubas.

You don't know how to speak your local language and you're proud of yourself? Even the yorubas you are living in their land loves and speaks their Yoruba language at any interval and you are here claiming posh for not knowing how to speak your local dialect.

Mr Man, you've got no identity in this country, this is Nigeria, Not America and your problem is just starting. Even the Latinas, Indians and co living in America speak their local dialects to one another proudly and you're here feeling like you deserve pity for not knowing how to speak your local dialect.

Your matter de vex me right now. Be ready to call Daddy all your life.

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by juman(m): 10:51am On Nov 03, 2016
BVN0:
I don't understand children of these days, especially these Lagos branch non yorubas.

You don't know how to speak your local language and you're proud of yourself? Even the yorubas you are living in their land loves and speaks their Yoruba language at any interval and you are here claiming posh for not knowing how to speak your local dialect.

Mr Man, you've got no identity in this country, this is Nigeria, Not America and your problem is just starting. Even the Latinas, Indians and co living in America speak their local dialects to one another proudly and you're here feeling like you deserve pity for not knowing how to speak your local dialect.

Your matter de vex me right now. Be ready to call Daddy all your life.

A person of parents of different ethnicity has bigger challenges to speak his native language as they are living outside their native areas.

Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Goodnessbae31(f): 8:50pm On May 03, 2017
pls o, how can I get Edo state of origin in Ogun state
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by walemoney007(m): 9:49pm On May 03, 2017
Goodnessbae31:
pls o, how can I get Edo state of origin in Ogun state
where in ogun are you,and hope you can speak your language?
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Goodnessbae31(f): 8:52pm On May 04, 2017
walemoney007:
where in ogun are you,and hope you can speak your language?
yes I can speak my language
Re: Certificate Of State Of Origin Is The Worst Certificate In The World (see Why) by Godup(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Funny but informing. I got all the information i needed, theres no need traveling to Delta State for mine. Thanks. You seems quite interesting, futunately u dropped no clue of contact. (godup4us@yahoo.com) I would appreciate hearing u.

DSS Should Apologize To Gumi - Tukur Mamu (Spokesman) / Acting CBN Governor, Shonubi, Deputy, CCB Dragged To Court / 2019 Presidency: Why Buhari, Atiku Both Postponed Rallies In Kano