Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,638 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians (43010 Views)

Please Help!!! It Seems Fidelity Bank Is Trying To Dupe Me Of My 107,000 Naira / Fraudsters Dupe Politician's Wife Of $18,000 In Abuja / Fraudsters Dupe Traders By Buying With ‘Magic’ Money (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
We're yet to rely appreciate the depth of corruption in the country. Almost everyone partakes in it one way or the other. We're simply wired to cheat, extort and exploit one another.

I've got no idea how we steeped so low in to this abyss of corruption and wickedness! I've got no idea.

Like someone said, we have security forces at our Ports. Where have they gone?

No nation ever progressed where almost all its citizens are driven by greed and indecent accumulation of wealth. There's more to life.

4 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by MARINS(f): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
bomasek:
No Sir,na basically Indians,the port is in port harcourt and I work there. The bagging is done close to the vessel and transported by trucks.
as said.. The port is in Port Harcourt
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by jamace(m): 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Wicked people! You will never learn. angry
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by vRendoh(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
blizard44:
It's no news.

We deserve it for our longing for foriegn stuffs.

Pack Abakaliki or Ilushi rice in Mama Gold or Uncle Ben's sack and watch it sell fire.

We're our own problem.

grin grin grin grin grin
Brooss you finished the matter!
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by musicwriter(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
blizard44:
It's no news.

We deserve it for our longing for foriegn stuffs.

Pack Abakaliki or Ilushi rice in Mama Gold or Uncle Ben's sack and watch it sell fire.

We're our own problem.

Thank you!.

We've gotten so foolish in Africa that white people are rhetorically asking themselves; when will Africans get sense?!

I've observed to more educated most Africans, the more this brainwashing.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Natasha2(f): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2015
great664:
Thanks for this eye opener. But come to think of it, Rice varies in size and colour too, and come with different bags, are you really sure you understand clearly what they were doing, it could contain different batches or layers for different bags

same thing I thought but then again is there anything in naija that doesn't have its fake substitute? Lol
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO DUPE THE MASSES. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. WHEN THEY ACQUIRE SUCH ILLEGAL WEALTH THEY START TO BUY PROPERTIES AND EXPAND THEIR BUSINESSES AND ALSO INVITE MOST OF THEIR JOBLESS RELATIVES FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO LAGOS TO CONTINUE THE SCAM. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
wailer!...hehehe cry me a river,I can imagine you shedding tears while typing this rubbish...

5 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by adconline(m): 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
undecidedMAJORITY OF THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH SCAMS ARE THE IGBOS. THEY ARE MAJORLY INTO IMPORTING OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND DUPLICATING IT TO DUPE THE MASSES. THEY ALSO IMPORT FAKE DRUGS, SPARE PARTS, FAKE CLOTHS AND SO MANY THINGS. WHEN THEY ACQUIRE SUCH ILLEGAL WEALTH THEY START TO BUY PROPERTIES AND EXPAND THEIR BUSINESSES AND ALSO INVITE MOST OF THEIR JOBLESS RELATIVES FROM THE SOUTHEAST TO LAGOS TO CONTINUE THE SCAM. THIS IS WHY I SOMETIMES WISH THEIR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES CAN BE RESTRICTED IN LAGOS. THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE MOSTLY INVOLVED IN AND IF WE TALK NOW THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE THE MOST HARD WORKING TRIBE. I HOPE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL BAN IMPORTATIONS OF SUCH GOODS SO THE IGBOS CAN RUN OUT OF BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE SOUTHWEST FOR US angry sad
Stupidity inked on ur DNA. This is how Dangote, BUA and co all started. Major rice importers in Naija are Vaswani brothers and this is how they operate.. Govt officials give them import licenses after monetary inducement and you are blaming Igbos.. Why is it that u don't need import license to import most things with the exception of rice, cement, and oil? That's reserved for govt officials and corrupt wealthy Nigerians.. Keep hating while Demi-God politrickians are sucking u dry.

9 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
U seem to hate the Igbos from your posts. I don't think only the Igbos work at that Wharf. na wa o

6 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Forward1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
Can't i produce rice? God enlarge me....
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by lekjons(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
you may be right..

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by oluamid(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2015
I would not have believed the OP if I hadn't once seen someone wiping off expiry dates off already expired canned tomatoes and reselling as new. Some Nigerians and their "must make money by all means" attitude. They are the kind of guys giving good people bad names and fanning the embers of tribal stereotypes already on display on this thread. No wonder Europe decided to ban our agricultural export till 2016. Since if we can hurt ourselves like this, imagine what we'll be willing to do to outsiders.

And for the guy already profiling the Igbos, has it ever occurred to you that the people perpetrating that devilish act at the wharf may be from everywhere and anywhere in Nigeria? Who told you only the Igbos like money or make money through deadly ways such as these? You better remove your tribe tinted glasses and see reality clearly.

6 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by great664(m): 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
Natasha2:

same thing I thought but then again is there anything in naija that doesn't have its fake substitute? Lol
I agree with you but on this she might be wrong, just like Bomasek pointed"the importers were bagging them I'm 25kg and 50 kg bags", as a business man I think buying in bulk in Indonesia or India and bagging it in Nigeria is more profitable, that's why they choose that options,

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by lastpage: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
damton:
Hmmm. if this is true, that testifies to the same issue of the unacceptable level of corruption that has riddled this nation on every facet and ramification of our daily existence. May God repair Nigeria, as a nation and Nigerian as a people.

And to think we have various "Security Agencies" in that same Port were Nigerians are being short-changed in this manner?

"We must Kill Corruption or else, Corruption will kill Nigerians" -- President M. Buhari.

Lastpage!
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by mickey45: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
dearpreye:
We're yet to rely appreciate the depth of corruption in the country. Almost everyone partakes in it one way or the other.

No nation ever progressed where almost all its citizens are driven by greed and indecent accumulation of wealth. There's more to life.

IMO the whole land became messed up right from the second republic.
It spread down south when Akintola allowed himself get used to desecrate his father's shrine and Azikiwe failed to let go of a wounded ego.

The port Authorities are helpless in this situation, chances are, that the rice truckers are owned by people whose reach goes beyond even his direct boss.

Buhari is right opening the ports to rice imports, we shouldn't be losing money to neighboring Benin just because of some archaic attempt to preserve our pride.

What we need however is a strict regulation and enforcement of standards, possibly with serious deterrent (capital punishment if need be). For falsification/adulteration.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:

If the igbos leave who will you people be stabbing at the back, yourselves no doubt; I bet you, there will be nothing left of your tribe in just 50yrs to come.

You and the 18 or so people who clicked like on your comment need to go to school so you can add value to humanity. Just listen to yourself! Listen to your suggestion, its degrading to your ethnicity to say the list. In this age where countries are accepting refugees, only a stone age being will speak the way you just did to a people that basicly form the back bone of commerce and industry in Nigeria as a whole. What does your people produce enlighten me, nothing! You only live from taxes and commissions. Your entire tribe lives on taxes and commissions even up to Tinubu. His empire is based on taxes and commissions. Does Tinubu produce any product ask yourselves.

Wait till the north abandons you people then you will set aside sentiments and face reality. Your choice of making money from taxes and commissions is a wise choice to be honest but the problem with that is that it doesn't encourage infrastructural development and such investment only works when there is peace. It there is any slight misunderstanding in Nigeria do you think u will be able to collect tax or commission? From who na? Enjoy your wise but lazy investment option while the peace lasts but I assure u that Nigeria is heading for the rocks...its only a matter of time before everybody gets fed up with this corrupt system.

7 Likes

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by mickey45: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
bomasek:
It's obvious she don't understand what's happening over there. The importers who are Indians bagged the rice in 25kg and 50kg bags

That you work there doesn't confer omnipresence on you.
Might be better if you ask the exact place she saw the atrocity and go there un-uniformed for veracity.

It's a case of opinion versus eyewitness account.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by mickey45: 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
alcmene:
And our DULLARDISH president just lifted the embargo on importation of rice lipsrsealed

Buhari represents anything cluelessness

What becomes of our Adani and Abarkiliki rice undecided

Buhari is a BINGO for rejecting our locally-made rice

Your Abakaliki and Adani rice aren't at risk, even before this "our brothers" have been carting in imported rice illegally without adversing your rice's demand.
You only need to convince the nation through serious marketing and promotion of the better suitability of your brand of rice.
Moreover, you'll agree we should not die of hunger when it's not season yet for rice harvest.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2015
mickey45:

That you work there doesn't confer omnipresence on you.
Might be better if you ask the exact place she saw the atrocity and go there un-uniformed for veracity.

It's a case of opinion versus eyewitness account.
Boss I have seen those guys bag the rice @close quarters,if the bags are different,it may be that the consignee(s) are different as well. A thorough investigation will allay the fears/suspicion she has hinted. Mind u,my job stops @revenue collection and not bagging discrepancy of cargo by importers

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by kesternice: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
Imagine d health and safety risk associated with d consumption of dis rice
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
Indians and Lebanese has been milking and sucking Nigerians dry since god know when while some ethnic bigot are busy hating their fellow country men and women, turning blind eye on foreigners. In Lagos now must of the illegal businesses are run by Indians and Lebanese, ranging from Nude night clubs in Apapa,VI,Ikeja to Various underground warehouses in Bodethomas area of surulere to Rice shortchanging warehouses in VI. Those who have work with them will understand, they are highly organized criminal network.

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2015
omusiliyu:
Everybody will account for their work on judgement day.

Always do good.
Let them continue, everything ends 6 feet. Where is Alameisigha today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
MARINS:
I was standing right in front of the repackaging machine sir
Which of the bags differ; 25kg or 50kg?
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Kingbilo(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Haha if you think it's only rice, you are still a learner. Almost every product is sold like this to some extent..
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
Bas.tard .... w South Wasted id.iot

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by MARINS(f): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
bomasek:
Which of the bags differ; 25kg or 50kg?
no 25kg in sight.... All where 50kg
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Bollinger(m): 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:

Does it matter what tribe they are from? As far as the outside world is concerned they are nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by bomasek(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
MARINS:
no 25kg in sight.... All where 50kg
Will go there 2rw and see things for myself
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by Kingspin(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
searching4love:
Dont blame any single person for Nigeria woes, becos everybody is involved. Remember, we are nt a producing nation.
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by uduokirika1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
Buhari just opened the land borders for rice importation grin grin grin grin
searching4love:
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by mickey45: 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2015
bomasek:
Boss I have seen those guys bag the rice @close quarters,if the bags are different,it may be that the consignee(s) are different as well. A thorough investigation will allay the fears/suspicion she has hinted. Mind u,my job stops @revenue collection and not bagging discrepancy of cargo by importers

I get you, I meant you going there to see for yourself without wearing the toga of someone who works there at all.

Rice is rice though, except for the difference in colour and size
Re: How Rice Importers Dupe Nigerians by playtheblues(f): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
But it contains sand..
mrphysics:
I remain committed to local rice, as far as am concern I will never buy foreign rice, Abakaliki rice remains d best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. / CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / List Of Microfinance Banks That Give Loans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.