Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,885 members, 7,838,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

He Was Told By The Doctor To Choose B/w His Unborn Baby Boy And His Wife. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Was Told By The Doctor To Choose B/w His Unborn Baby Boy And His Wife. (757 Views)

Poll: who has a reasonable advice

to choose the wife: 100% (2 votes)
to choose the boy: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training / How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

He Was Told By The Doctor To Choose B/w His Unborn Baby Boy And His Wife. by malchy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2009
my uncle was told by doctor to choose either his unborn baby boy and his wife. the wife was diagnosed of cancer of the womb. so is either the womb is removed with baby dead for the wife to live or the baby is delivered at the end of the ninth month at the expense of the mothers life.
Re: He Was Told By The Doctor To Choose B/w His Unborn Baby Boy And His Wife. by drucheGoD(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2009
this sounds rather odd but i'll chime in. From a medical point of view, it would be advisable (if she really has a malignant tumor) to get rid of the womb ASAP. Reason is she stands the chance of losing her life as well as her baby if she decides to continue to term so why lose both?

On the other hand, why does your uncle have to be the one to choose between saving his wife or his baby. Now i ask; what if he chooses the baby? is his wife going to let herself die because of her husband's decision? is she not competent enough to decide whether she wants to live or die? why abdicate such a life-and-death decision to her husband. In summary, your uncle SHOULD not be the one to decide (unless his wife is unconscious or in a deep coma) and even then, the doctors are obliged to act in her best interest which seems to be, in my opinion, taking out her womb if it puts her at risk of death.
Re: He Was Told By The Doctor To Choose B/w His Unborn Baby Boy And His Wife. by Seun(m): 5:36pm On May 04, 2009
why does your uncle have to be the one to choose between saving his wife or his baby
Thank you.

In summary, your uncle SHOULD not be the one to decide (unless his wife is unconscious or in a deep coma) and even then, the doctors are obliged to act in her best interest which seems to be, in my opinion, taking out her womb if it puts her at risk of death.
Thank you. Until people start thinking straight, Nigeria will never progress. Topic closed for offensiveness.

(1)

Ways To Get Rid Of Warts. / How Can One Reduce The Level Of Sugar In The Body? / Weight Gaining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.