Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (3994 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Mistreating 'Possessed' Children In God's Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! by Bobbyaf(m): 4:39pm On May 01, 2009
My question is this. How can we tell if the name, or names we now know of were given for the purpose of calling the Creator, or identifying the Creator.

Isn't the very word Yahweh a man-made word? How can I be sure if what we stress now as God's name was really what some say it is?

Is there access to the original autographs? Were any adjustments made to the name, or names of God? 

Just curious.

I am sure I saw a passage of scripture that shows where the Creator said that He honours His word above His name(s). lets see:

“, for thou hast MAGNIFIED THY WORD ABOVE ALL THY NAME” (Psalm 138:2).

Notice it says "all thy name"

Am I safe in saying that its possible that the Creator has several names?

Am I safe in saying that a Christian might be careful about the name, yet not careful in the word? Will the Creator hold a person sinful if he or she doesn't call Yahweh, or Yeshua?
Re: Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! by Iseoluwani: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2016
Lady2:

In the Bible sweetheart, in the Bible. Christ gave authority to his Church, not to a book.

Tell me where the word catholic z in the bible
Re: Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! by Janosky: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Emusan too dey DECEIVE himself.
He will see this thread.
The genius of LYING.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! by Emusan(m): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
Janosky:
Emusan too dey DECEIVE himself.
He will see this thread.
The genius of LYING.

grin grin grin grin

So what are you insinuating here? JaNosense the lying liar JWs

(1) (2) (Reply)

@i.chuka & Others Lets Discuss D Revelation 12 Woman And The Marian Apparition. / Fellow Defenders Of The Christian Faith Please Come In / To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.