Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist (1173 Views)

Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Christian: we are in the end times, my brother. Hell is very real. Accept Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour today and it shall be well with you. Atheist: why should I accept Jesus or anybody as my lord and saviour, when I can simply follow his footsteps to be the best human being I can be? Christian: no, that's not the way. Atheist: according to who? Who says that's not the way? Christian: the Bible says so. The Bible says in Romans 10:9 you must accept him as your personal lord and saviour, so you won't go to hell. Atheist: (laughs) Christian: you're laughing, right? You think this is a joking matter. Atheist: pardon me, please. It's just that you sound funny. Christian: how do I sound funny? Atheist: it's the way you talk about me accepting Jesus so it will be well with me, and if I don't, I will burn in hell. As far as I am concerned, that's emotional blackmail. Christian: no, it's not. It's biblical fact. It's what the Bible says. I didn't say it. The Bible said it. Atheist: where is hell? Have you been there before? Have you seen Satan before to know he exists? Be honest with me, please. Christian: well, I don't know if hell and Satan truly exists, but the Bible says hell and Satan exists. So I have to go by what the Bible says because it is the word of God Atheist: you just contradicted yourself just now. You said I should accept Jesus as lord and saviour so I won't go to hell. You confidently said hell and Satan are real, but then you switched gears when I asked if you have been to hell and seen Satan, but you still believe they exist because the Bible says so. Christian: (he looks clueless and doesn't know what to say) Atheist: do you want to say something? I hope you understand where I am coming from? Christian: yes, I do. But what am I to do or say? The Bible is the word of God and I have to believe everything in it even though there may be some contradictions or doubts about it. Atheist: you just contradicted yourself again. Christian: how? Atheist: (laughs) Christian: stop laughing at me and explain how I contradicted myself again. Atheist: okay, sorry about that. You contradicted yourself again because you said you accept the Bible is the word of God but at the same time you have contradictions and doubts about it. My question is how can you accept a thing and doubt it, at the same time? If you have doubts about something, it means your mind is not there. It also means you truly don't have faith or belief in that thing, but still accept it for reasons best known to you. Christian: hmmm.... Atheist: talk to me, please. Christian: but it's necessary to believe in something. It's important to believe in Jesus. Atheist: you don't have to believe in any God outside of yourself because God is within. There is nothing that exists in the Universe which you don't have within you. As above, so below. Your body is the temple of God. You, yourself, are God in flesh and are capable of extraordinary things beyond your wildest dreams. The God in you knows all things. When you tune into it, the system of this world will not be able to deceive or manipulate you spiritually and mentally. Christian: hmmm...what you are saying is deep. Atheist: well, if you say so. Christian: so what do you think about Christianity? Is it good for Afrikans? Atheist: has Christianity done anything good for Afrika and Afrikan people throughout the centuries? Be honest with me, please. Don't be sarcastic. Christian: well.... Atheist: talk to me, please. Christian: but Jesus paid the ultimate price for our sins on the cross. He died for us so we can be saved from eternal damnation. Atheist: you are digressing from the question I asked you. Stop paying smart with me and answer my question, brother. Christian: (he remains silent. He knows the Atheist got him. He knows Christianity has divided Afrikan people and caused so much confusion and wars, destroying millions of Afrikan people). Atheist: talk to me, brother. Christian: okay, no. Christianity did nothing for Afrika and Afrikans. Atheist: then why remain on a sinking ship? Why stay in a burning house? Why remain trapped in a dungeon when the door to get out of it is wide open? Why? Why reject truth when it is right in front of you? Christian: you are too much, brother. I like you, though. You're very intelligent. Atheist: listen, brother. I used to be Christian just like you. In fact, I was a devout Christian. I attended church every Sunday, paid my tithes, worshipped white Jesus and everything. But one day, I experienced a "Road to Damascus" kind of experience. It wasn't really to Damascus, as Saul, in the Bible, experienced. It was really a "Road to the Land of Knowledge of Self" kind of experience. I discovered there was more to what the church was telling me and decided I would look outside the Bible for true liberation. Christian: have you found true liberation? Atheist: yes. Christian: what is it? Atheist: freedom from religious mental slavery. Christian: how do you mean, brother? Atheist: what I mean, in plain language, is that my quest for the truth led me to discover all religions, which includes Christianity, is mental slavery. Christian: (phone rings) Atheist: answer your phone, brother. Christian: (answers phone and speaks in foreign language Atheist does not understand). Atheist: (waits for phone conversation to end so discussion can continue). Christian: oh, I am so sorry, brother. But I really need to go right now. I just received a call from my dad and he wants me to come home and drive him to the airport. He wants to travel out of state. Atheist: okay, that's no problem. I understand. You have to honour your father. We can always continue our discussion another time. Christian: yes, you're right. I really did enjoy our conversation. You are an intelligent mind. Can I have your number, please. Atheist: no problem (he gives his number to the Christian). Christian: thanks very much. I will definitely give you a call when I return back from the airport. I would like to know why you said Christianity is religious mental slavery. Atheist: when you call, I will explain in detail. Thanks for listening, though. Most Christians like you don't like engaging Atheists in conversation. We are seen as devils and antichrists, which is erroneous and ignorant thinking. Christians: don't mind them. Not all Christians think like that. I love all people and talk to all people, regardless of religion, color, race, or nationality. We are all one people in the image of God. I am a very liberal and friendly person. That's me. Atheist: yeah, I thought as much. I like your kind of person. You're fun to talk to. Christian: I need to go right now. My phone is ringing again. Nice talking you you, brother. I will give you a call. Atheist: okay. I will be expecting it. Have a great day. Christian: you too, brother. Thanks. Written by Beesee Be
Re: Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist by onetrack(m): 10:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
Paragraphs are your friend.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2015
onetrack:
Paragraphs are your friend.
I couldn't edit it properly on my phone. Apologies.
Re: Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist by nobilis: 6:55am On Oct 13, 2015
When you have learnt the importance of paragraphs, you can repost for us to read.

You couldn't edit properly on your fone.
But u could copy and paste it perfectly on your fone.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Conversation Between A Christian And An Atheist by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 13, 2015
nobilis:
When you have learnt the importance of paragraphs, you can repost for us to read.

You couldn't edit properly on your fone.
But u could copy and paste it perfectly on your fone.
okay noted.

(1) (Reply)

Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? / My April Declaration.. If U Believe Type Amen! / Moon Not Sighted ( Sallah Will Be On Wednesday)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.