Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:56 AM

Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (36906 Views)

Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo) / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Occult! Occult!! Occult!!! Call +2348025953593 To Join Secret Society For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by PrettyCrystal: 7:54am On Mar 18, 2018
A pastor has spoken about some Christians who belong to other secret societies like Mason and feel that they can still serve God truly. According to the pastor who shared pictures of church leaders who allegedly belong to these societies, people have been asking him this question about whether it is right to belong to a secret society and also be a true Christian.

Pastor John Valentine from Chicago, Illinois in the United States who said one cannot serve two masters together, according to the bible - took to his Facebook page to post the below;

REAL TALK, Can a born again Christian, be a Mason, Eastern star, Elk, or one of the secret societies and still serve God in Spirit and in Truth. I confess that at one time in my life I desired to be a part of but I could not step away from the gospel. There are church leaders who are part of these organizations.

The question has griped the church and still is in many ways. The bible says that you cannot serve two masters. In that you will love one and forsake the other. In all fairness it's not right for me to step in and say exactly what they believe. Yet I had to answer the challenge of many to post this question?

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/pastor-speaks-about-christians-who-belong-to-secret-societies.html

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by PrettyCrystal: 7:54am On Mar 18, 2018
cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Redoil: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2018
The aim and objectives will decide if the christian will join

13 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by sbm060(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2018
WRONG

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by thesolutions(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2018
Secret societies don't snap pictures and post it on social media. They are secret as in hidden.

If those people you mentioned are registered groups, its an offence for you to call them secret society.

Lets leave propaganda for politicians. It won't make Chris happier than He is with us now.

18 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Gentle034(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2018
Hmmmmm. Let God be d judge of their live

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 18, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Most of these Pastors will come out and tell you a "No" but a lot of them are occultists.

Only God knows the hidden.

☣ ☠

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 18, 2018
You can't serve two masters at the same time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Gr8amechi: 9:57am On Mar 18, 2018
It's a disgrace for a man of God, pressumed God's vessel to descend so low as joining an occult,, it's a pity

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Herdsmen: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2018
End time things..

Serving God and Mammon without qualms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2018
OP it depends on what you mean by a secret society undecided

the picture above looks like an organisation but not a secret one

some organizations are there to help make life easy for others

But If its an organisation where evil is plotted and executed either spiritually or physically then what business do you have with such

And no pastor seen in such cult should even be regarded as a pastor in the first place

They are regarded as evil agent!

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Borbrisky: 10:23am On Mar 18, 2018
I like pastors. I want to date one especially a fun pastor kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by northvietnam(m): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2018
Na Grand Lodge dey hungry...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by boman2014: 10:23am On Mar 18, 2018
the church itself is a cult

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by okonja(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2018
Aye mojuba ooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Herrmes: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Are the pastors lawmakers now?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by aguiyi2: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Not all society's are fetish or *unGodly*.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by AntiWailer: 10:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Na wa
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by loomer: 10:27am On Mar 18, 2018
whats secret society?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Atiku2019: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2018
smiley
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Breezzy(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2018
LOOK AT THEIR SWOLLEN FACES Chai na Blacks dey full this kind place pass later we go dey complain about Racism
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by HARDLABOR: 10:30am On Mar 18, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by 0monnak0da: 10:31am On Mar 18, 2018
Define secret
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by mmadu5(m): 10:31am On Mar 18, 2018
Yes it is
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by oyetunder(m): 10:31am On Mar 18, 2018
You cannot drink out of the cup of God and that of Satan at the same time. Well...Open society...secret society or whatever, We shall not be here forever. Life is simple, but humans are busy making it complex. The habits of running up and down looking for protection will not even allow many to enjoy their years on earth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by OboOlora(f): 10:32am On Mar 18, 2018
Op, can’t soeak for the other examples you wrote up there but do you know you must believe in a supreme being to be a FM? I have been a Mason for 8years and I read my bible.

I know a grandmaster that’s a born again Christian too.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2018
Check nah blacks full pass. Chai

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2018
Who remembers this MOG. Tope alabi must have followed him to shrine at one point . fake ass gospel singer

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by horia: 10:33am On Mar 18, 2018
sbm060:
WRONG
two views up there so, what's "WRONG"?
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by Mintayo(m): 10:34am On Mar 18, 2018
It's not right, it's not Christ-like.
You can't be a Christian and join any secret society.
Light and darkness cannot coexist.
Re: Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos by magiki(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2018
Let me ask God first. I will come back to give you answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religious Leaders In The North Appeal To Davido For Help / Nine Church Adverts That Will Amaze You / Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.