Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance (876 Views)

Your Suggestions For A Car Newbie / Urgently Needs Your Advice On The Kind Of Car To Buy / Car Experts Pls I Need Your Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hello everyone
Am a jjc when it comes to cars so please bear with my description of my problem.
I drive an Honda accord bullet and noticed today dat wen i was in standstill d gear refused to enter third. All odaa ones were working and shiftin but the third gear refused to shift while on standstill. Please is this normal or is dere a prob cos wen d car is off it shifts into third but wen on it wont shift
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by oieda: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ask Siena
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by femicousim: 11:42pm On Oct 12, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]is it manual or automatic transmission?

when you're in motion, does it shift to the third gear?
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by mayor2013: 6:46am On Oct 13, 2015
damilola5019:
Hello everyone
Am a jjc when it comes to cars so please bear with my description of my problem.
I drive an Honda accord bullet and noticed today dat wen i was in standstill d gear refused to enter third. All odaa ones were working and shiftin but the third gear refused to shift while on standstill. Please is this normal or is dere a prob cos wen d car is off it shifts into third but wen on it wont shift

If this is a manual transmission. Then you having a problem with your clutch disc and plate.
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2015
mayor2013:

If this is a manual transmission. Then you having a problem with your clutch disc and plate.
Dats a major issue rite?
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by mayor2013: 7:12am On Oct 13, 2015
damilola5019:

Dats a major issue rite?

Yes it is
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 13, 2015
femicousim:
[color=#006600][/color]is it manual or automatic transmission?

when you're in motion, does it shift to the third gear?
Its a manual transmission and yes it shifts wen in motion
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by Raymie(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Why should yhu shift to third when not in motion?
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by MotoringNigeria: 1:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
you should be shifting to 1 when on standstill not 3.
since it shifts to 3 while in motion den it's probably not shifting to 3 cos u ain't supposed to shift to 3 but 1 while on standstill but you should have it checked just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 15, 2015
Raymie:
Why should yhu shift to third when not in motion?
Was testing it out
Re: Car Newbie Needs Your Assistance by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 15, 2015
MotoringNigeria:
you should be shifting to 1 when on standstill not 3.
since it shifts to 3 while in motion den it's probably not shifting to 3 cos u ain't supposed to shift to 3 but 1 while on standstill but you should have it checked just to be on the safe side.
Thank you very much. I will do that

(1) (Reply)

Car Service Centre In Port Harcourt / Pls I Need A 2005 Toyota Sienna Fairly Used Or Direct Belgium / Car For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.