Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months (1377 Views)

New Born Baby Wrapped In A Carton & Dumped In The Rain In Portharcourt (Photos) / Baby Girl's Head Continues To Swell In Jigawa State (Disturbing Photos) / Baby Girl Gets Facial Scar After A Surgery Was Carried Out on Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by Kings109: 11:34pm On Oct 12, 2015
My wife gave birth to a baby girl who weighed 2.9Kg at birth. After three days jaundice was detected and treated using phototherapy. At one week she started vomiting greenish substances and the breast milk being the only thing she takes, she was taken to hospital and treated for infection by a pediatrician. At two months she still weighs 3kg, milk was however introduced to her about three weeks now yet her weight remains the same and vomiting became more severe. We suspended giving her milk in the last two days yet the vomiting continued.
Pls your candid advice is urgently needed!!!
Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by dulux07(m): 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Take her to a paediatrician Asap
Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by trendphemmy(m): 12:28am On Oct 13, 2015
u should be using the time for typing dis to visit a pediatrician

1 Like

Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by drgica74: 5:33am On Oct 13, 2015
do not border yourself the baby is not doing badly. babies' weights double by 6 months and triple by 12 month. relax and feed your baby.
Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by KnowMore: 9:50am On Oct 13, 2015
Brother visit a paediatrician Asap
Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by Aim07(f): 10:31am On Oct 13, 2015
There is need to worry, because ur baby's growth is steady over two months. i wil suggest u visit another hospital most especially any general hospital in ur area.
Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by Onegai(f): 11:48am On Oct 13, 2015
Take her to a GH asap. That vomiting sounds bad and she should have surpassed her birth weight by 2 months otherwise she will be deemed as having a "Failure to Thrive" and she may be below her estimated percentile. The constant vomiting, any other symptoms (excessive fussiness, etc)? Be ready to tell all to the paediatrician. Even things that seem normal may not be.
Re: My New Born Baby Girl Still Weighs 3kg After 2 Months by Kings109: 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
Kings109:
My wife gave birth to a baby girl who weighed 2.9Kg at birth. After three days jaundice was detected and treated using phototherapy. At one week she started vomiting greenish substances and the breast milk being the only thing she takes, she was taken to hospital and treated for infection by a pediatrician. At two months she still weighs 3kg, milk was however introduced to her about three weeks now yet her weight remains the same and vomiting became more severe. We suspended giving her milk in the last two days yet the vomiting continued.
Pls your candid advice is urgently needed!!!

She has been off and on in the hospital cumulating to about a month now in a relatively good private hospital in my area. Initially they suspected obstruction but gastrografin test cleared that. We’re not relenting in our effort, hence suggestions from paediatricians in the house or people who/whose acquaintance have experienced that are welcome .

(1) (Reply)

Get Rid Of Fibroid Naturally Without Surgery / Baby Tooth Decay, Causes, Signs And Prevention / West African College Of Physicians October 2018 Primary Application Form On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.