Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) (564 Views)

Double Standard of Nairaland Mods / Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? / biased Nairaland Mods- Why Has T0nyebarcanista Not Gotten A Ban? (2) (3) (4)

Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by debaj10: 2:05am On Oct 13, 2015
I wanted to create a 'politics' thread, but realised that it would likely be another circus.
So instead, I'm making a plea:
Nairaland is like a frog sitting in cold water as it's being gradually boiled alive.
(Ironically, Nigeria is in the exact same 'boat'. Or pot. What an apt parallel!)

Seun and the Mods should please be careful.
In the mad dash to 'be the first to post', this forum's credibility is slowly being eroded away.
Maybe it's time to start banning people who post unsubstantiated articles- at the very least, from verified sources.
True, it's a lot more work, but the pay-off far outweighs the sacrifice.

If you suspend someone who posts a ridiculous piece of news for 3 months, others will catch on quick.
What you lose in sensationalism, you gain in trust.
There might be some middle ground, but that'll likely involve the forum spending money on actual (freelance?) reporters.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you're aware that long before the elections, many people refused to register with this forum due to the perception of it's being 'rough' (for example, I'll bet that most internet users over the age of 50 will be appalled at the tribalistic, prejudiced vitriol being spewed out here daily).
We can be sure that to all intents and purposes, their membership- and hence economic/expert patronage- is lost permanently.

Please deliver this forum from mediocrity.
Or maybe it's just me?

Re: Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by lewisacid(m): 2:08am On Oct 13, 2015
We hear
Re: Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by harristo(m): 2:40am On Oct 13, 2015
The forum is fine the way it is.
The level of freedom it gives it's members is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

For the past few months that I've been posting on this forum, I have never insulted
anyone and no one has insulted me. The other members treat you according to your behaviour on the forum.
Re: Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by debaj10: 3:26am On Oct 13, 2015
My post was directed towards the misinformation that seems to come from several 'mushroom' sites and other rumour-mongers.
If everyone is ok with the 'amebo' stature that nairaland is slowly getting, that's fine.
Bit keep in mind that Seun and the mods have both a business and a reputation to protect.
The post was specifically for their consumption.

Cheers.
Re: Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by tpiander: 4:14am On Oct 13, 2015
harristo:
The forum is fine the way it is.
The level of freedom it gives it's members is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

For the past few months that I've been posting on this forum, I have never insulted
anyone and no one has insulted me. The other members treat you according to your behaviour on the forum.

are you responding to the poster or soliloquizing?

even the site owner cant say what you're saying here. Talkless the other admin.
Re: Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by BALLOSKI: 4:20am On Oct 13, 2015
I see ...
Re: Nairaland Mods- Attention Please (for All Our Sakes!) by BALLOSKI: 4:21am On Oct 13, 2015
tpiander:

are you responding to the poster or soliloquizing?

even the site owner cant say what you're saying here. Talkless the other admin.
NO! He's 'soliminquizing'.

How Many Strokes Of Cane For Oshiomole The Pupil / I Am A Technocrat And Buhari Did Not Pick Me / Lest we forget my oga at the top