Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

I Am A Technocrat And Buhari Did Not Pick Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am A Technocrat And Buhari Did Not Pick Me (568 Views)

Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" / Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / Why I Did Not Pick Aluko As My Cos - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Technocrat And Buhari Did Not Pick Me by umoetteumoh: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
And finally the ministerial list was read on the floor of the Upper Chamber of Nigeria’s National Assembly, and in few hours the nation was under the couch, the wailing wailers and the body language experts went into over drive.
I sat back, and watched as Nigerians, who over the years have developed expertise in majoring in minors, and taking major issues with minor treaties. Showcasing interesting drama, with cast drawn from every corner, no wonder we are home to Nollywod.
TONY: So this was the list we waited for four months for, where are the saints, this list is just full of ex-this, ex-that, same people, no young person. Rubbish!
MADUKA: Very balanced list, these are technocrat, Ngige “worked” in Anambra, even so did Fashola, and Amaechi too, anybody saying otherwise is just not sincere.
AKIN: I think otherwise, how could one bring back Audu Ogbeh, a man who was minister over 30 years ago. It is equally not fair, and against the corruption mantra of this government, to bring an Amaechi, whom, a commission of inquiry in his home state has just indicted.
SOLOMON: What are we talking about, none of these men we sing moral blues about have been found wanting in any competent court of law. Audu is a simple and honest man, not a looter, one of the few ministers that was not even picked up for corruption during Buhari’s first coming
IBRAHIM: I am a party man, no apologies, what do we expect from the list, these men worked for the party and what is wrong in rewarding them, we can only expect them to deliver and they would under “mai gaskiya”.
ALIYU: Deliver what, and how; with the exception of a few, all these men have been PDP at one point or the other. Was it not that Ngige that confessed with Chris Uba that they rigged elections few years ago? And how about Dambazu who practically was amongst those that defied constitutional requirements and smuggled the late Yar’adau during those dark periods before the law of necessity.
KIKELOMO: For me, three women, no way, this is not what Buhari promised, Jonathan did better, maybe Aisha has no influence over him. I am hopefully though, that there will be women in the next batch.
TONY: Which batch, are we talking about; this list is just dancing “azonto” with common sense. I don’t see anything good from it. How, already Katsina would have two ministers.
SOLOMON: All is I see is bias, what else is performance, other than Fashola, whom at his height, the great Jagaban could not remove, or an Amaechi who against odd, stood for what he believed and fought his own to a standstill.
TONY: What bias, I even heard Fayemi of Ekiti say he was surprised, what “French” lie is that, when their CVs were collected and they were screened, what did he think, it was for?
MADUKA: Listen to yourself, if they were screened by the DSS, police etc., and not found wanting, the more reason I stand by the list, and I believe they would perform. We must give them a chance, I know that anyone that refuses to do so, will be butted out.

full story...
https://www.today.ng/blog/24847/i-am-a-technocrat-and-buhari-did-not-pick-me/

Re: I Am A Technocrat And Buhari Did Not Pick Me by bigass123(m): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
grin
Re: I Am A Technocrat And Buhari Did Not Pick Me by CARLOSZ: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During The 2015 Presidential Campaigns — Buhari / Governor Ambode Commissions N10bn Manufacturing Plant In Lagos / What Some People Said Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.