Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April (18059 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Manchester United: 31% (25 votes)
Arsenal: 55% (44 votes)
Draw: 13% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Leicester Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 29th April 2015 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May / UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Cristalz(f): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2009
Sir Alex Ferguson is predicting a "very tight encounter" as Manchester United prepare to meet English rivals Arsenal in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League at Old Trafford, while his opposite number Arsène Wenger insists it will be "a great opportunity for us''.

Ferguson was spotted at the Emirates on Sunday where he went to observe Arsenal's game against Boro. Serious business, huh? Manchester United's play in the UCL this season has been less than satisfactory, but they've gotten this far and thus, play should only get better from here.
  Sir Alex has got faith in his side getting the better of long time rivals Arsenal.  .  .this was further boosted on Saturday after the 5-2 win over Spurs. Hopefully this could signal the end of a spell of wasted chances during games, and slim victories.
Ferguson could play all 3 of his strikers like he did on Saturday - Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez - and together with Ronaldo, that could be a deadly foursome. With his team having the home advantage now, putting in as many goals as possible will not be a bad idea. Not likely that he will start all 3 strikers though.  .  .
  Defenders Gary Neville and Johnny Evans are still out, but Ferguson has got options of Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael, Evra, O'Shea, and possibly Wes Brown, who is fresh from injury. O'Shea has got UCL experience over Rafael, but Rafael's speed and agility will be better suited to Arsene's younger, equally agile squad. Nasri just might run circles around O'Shea.  VDS is a UCL veteran, but who is perfect? He has got his own work to do though.
  Experience-wise, Sir Alex Ferguson's side trumps Wenger's. Remains to be seen if the trumping will hold for the other aspects of the game.

Arsenal could see their defence boosted by the return of goalkeeper Manuel Almunia and Johan Djourou this weekend - but the Gunners will head into the Champions League semi-final clash against Manchester United without leading scorer Robin van Persie (groin injury).  .  .also without Andrei Arshavin, who is ineligible for the Champions league for the remainder of the season.
  With the UCL being the only trophy Arsenal have got left to fight for, they will give this game their all.
  Emmanuel Adebayor could be in the starting line-up, possibly with Nicklas Bendtner for the attack. Wenger is also considering playing Cesc Fabregas in a more forward role, instead of deep in the MF. Might work, after all the captain got two goals against Boro on Sunday. With Nasri, Vela and Theo Walcott available, United cannot afford to rest easy for a minute.
Besides, whenever these two meet in the EPL, Arsenal always prove tough to beat.  .  .sometimes too tough. The 4-4 thriller against Liverpool at Anfield should leave no one in doubt about Arsenal's capability, Arshavin or no Arshavin.
  Hopefully Almunia is fully fit to keep the goal mouth sealed up, and, most fans view the absence of Mikel Silvestre as a blessing. Time will tell.

These two should give us yet another English thriller to rave about. Miss not!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Emperoh(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2009
A very close call
Arsenal is becoming an albatross for Man U
But this is a tie that experience may just nick it!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by nyabinghi(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2009
A tight match indeed but United's quality will give United the edge. A 2 goal advantage United. 3-1,4-2 et al.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by tayoccu(m): 10:29am On Apr 27, 2009
I see manure's UCL dreams fading into oblivion.

Ade and Fab4 shooting the mancs between the eyes
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Meldrick(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2009
i'm neither a fan of both sides but man u will definetly chew arsenal just like i chew meat.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by mukina2: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2009
Hope you wont choke on your meat grin joking
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by RuuDie(m): 11:48am On Apr 27, 2009
UTD win 4 sure. . . . . . home & away!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by ajah1(f): 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2009
Up Gunners.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by tayoccu(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
i'm neither a fan of both sides but man u will definetly chew arsenal just like i chew meat.

Hope you wont choke on your meat grin joking

nah Meldrick won't choke his teeth'll just fall off grin cos chewing on Arsenal's like chewing on a rock
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by slimghost(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2009
Man u 3 Arsenal 0.
Cant wait to c Ron disgrace Gibbs.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by tayoccu(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2009
Man u 3 Arsenal 0.
Cant wait to c Ron disgrace Gibbs.

when was the last time he did well against an arsenal left back or any arsenal defender?

and the manc dreams fade into oblivion
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2009
when was the last time he did well against an arsenal left back or any arsenal defender?

ol'boi stop chatting dust
when CR7 ran rings around Cashley cow, what club was he playing for?
dundee UTD? grin grin

na wa o grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by slimghost(m): 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
tkb417:

when CR7 ran rings around Cashley cow, what club was he playing for?
dundee UTD? grin grin

grin grin grin no, not dundee utd, he was playing 4 BOLLOCKS FC. poor Ashly!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by switch360(f): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2009
@ post

this is too close to call! Why and how so? English affair is not that easy to predict. but arsenal Fc has got the slight advantage in this encounter, since they are playing away first. but then united has proved they can score goals, evident in their last game with spurs Arsenals london Rivals. too cloase to call. but arsenal has got the slight edge here!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by switch360(f): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2009
HEAD TO HEAD SINCE 1894

TEAM                                   P         W       D         L               Pts

Manchester united               204     82       25       77           271

Arsenal                                204      77      25       82             256

A century of Rivalry from 1894 - 2009   - and they will meet three times before the end of this season!who among this two great clubs will prevail this season (in the champions leafue) only time will tell!!
i strongly tip Arsenal to make it to the finals in Rome
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2009
I've got spare tickets to the Arsenal vs Chelsea Game at the Emirates Stadium on May 10th 2009.

The seats are in Area 25 Lower Tier.

If you're in need of one, talk to me.

Till then,
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by KunleOshob(m): 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2009
I really can't wait for us to get past these numbskulls neccessary irritation and get our pound of flesh against barca in rome. UCL trophy here we come

Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by edoyad(m): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2009
this game'll be tough but not as tough as Barca in the final.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by switch47(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
yes the winner of this GAme will be meeting BARCELONA in the FINALS!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by gasman58: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2009
Arsenal will carry the day, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shame to man u fan, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

GUNNERS TILL I DIE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by gasman58: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2009
@KUNLE, we go ponder till Jesus come.

GUNNERS FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by kenkeme: 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2009
ITS GOIN 2be a DIFFICULT tie but arsenal would be more relaxed because they r away. Truly its goin 2be very tense
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by webprince(m): 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2009
In as much as its obvious this match is unpredictable, I really wish my team wins
GUNNERS 4 LIFE!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by auwal87(m): 1:00am On Apr 29, 2009
Arsenal 2 : 1 Manchester
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by olokun(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2009
Chelsea and Barca drew so lets see what will happen today
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by DrLorenz1(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2009
This is a match that is unpredictable, but i think the odds are very much in MAN U's favour.
I don't think Arsenal's going to be relaxed since they are away cus if they try that, then the goals are just going to keep coming,
To make matters worse, when MAN U win at home, then they're only going to replicate what they did in Porto, beat them at home. Something they'll never think wuld happen.
If it were to be MAN U and BARCA, i'd say only time will tell since we all saw what happened btw Chelsea and Barca.
No one ever thought it'd be a draw, but then it did.

So for those that say GUNNERS FOR LIFE, lets hope they have ammunition in them guns, cus from what i heard from a Nairalander, that gun they brandish on their logo is nothing but a water gun. grin
Frankly, i don't see how water's gonna kill the Red Devils.
Just like every thing we have to wait for, lets keep our fingers crossed, toes criss-crossed, posts checked, and information double-checked, grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Phemour: 10:38am On Apr 29, 2009
That Mukina2 Vs Man U.
Mukina where are u grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by toosoon(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

This is a match that is unpredictable, but i think the odds are very much in MAN U's favour.
I don't think Arsenal's going to be relaxed since they are away cus if they try that, then the goals are just going to keep coming,
To make matters worse, when MAN U win at home, then they're only going to replicate what they did in Porto, beat them at home. Something they'll never think wuld happen.
If it were to be MAN U and BARCA, i'd say only time will tell since we all saw what happened btw Chelsea and Barca.
No one ever thought it'd be a draw, but then it did.

So for those that say GUNNERS FOR LIFE, lets hope they have ammunition in them guns, cus from what i heard from a Nairalander, that gun they brandish on their logo is nothing but a water gun. grin
Frankly, i don't see how water's gonna kill the Red Devils.
Just like every thing we have to wait for, lets keep our fingers crossed, toes criss-crossed, posts checked, and information double-checked, grin

seriously it is holy water we will use for this devils,
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by otokx(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2009
Another goalless draw
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by segzicres(m): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2009
arsenal fans are just deceiving themselves, thinking they can win against the almighty united, they better wake up from their slumber. 4-0 first leg, united with the advantage.
no hating please.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by MrCrackles(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2009
This is going to be super tight!

Cant wait!!!

RIP Jade Defoe ~ LND Topboy!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Dammyray(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2009
Super tight but man u get upper hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Sunderland (2 - 0) On 16th May 2017 / Arsenal Vs Aston Villa (5 - 0) On 1st February 2015 / Sheffield United Vs Arsenal: FA Cup (1 - 2) On 28th June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.