Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April (18074 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Manchester United: 31% (25 votes)
Arsenal: 55% (44 votes)
Draw: 13% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Leicester Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 29th April 2015 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May / UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by ogunsyinky(m): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2009
All the gunners out there be glad and rejoice for MU shall be defeated by us.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by kayality: 11:48am On Apr 29, 2009
i hope arsenal take the way so that,the repeat of paris we come to rome
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by sunnyprof: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2009
Lets not forget that head to head in the last two years, Arsenal tops Man-U.  Last season Gunners beat them home and away and each time they meet in the last 4 years, Arsenal determines who gets the trophy PL !!!

However, Man-U always look the stronger team and would make use of good experience of some key players like Giggs, Ferdinand and scholes to rule the game

Ronaldo has never done well against arsenal, Rooney nor Tevez don't always get them too. The man to fear would be berbatov if he is there. one word 'EXPERIENCE'
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by afix(m): 11:59am On Apr 29, 2009
The faith of the young gunners advancing to the final lies in the hand of arsene wenger,he should just give us our best eleven for now and i am quite sure gunners will get pass man united.Then in rome a painful revenge awaits barca.UP GUNNERS.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by khanye(m): 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2009
kayality:

i hope arsenal take the way so that,the repeat of paris we come to rome

Amen wink
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by GG2: 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2009
i strongly believe dat manu w\ill beat arsenal well 2 neil first leg if u daut me ur car
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by allboyz(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
its gonna be decisive . .

i wan a 3 - 3 Draw or a 3 - 2 win

Gunners 1800 cheesy wink
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by armanslek(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
Both Teams are capable of WINNING the game @ Old Trafford, but I think UTD would Carry the Day!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by KunleOshob(m): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by philip0906(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
@SWITCH47
yes the winner of this GAme will be meeting BARCELONA in the FINALS!!
idiot!who wins? Ashewo oshi!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
CL is not for boys, its for men.  grin assners still have a long way to go, i suggest they make it their vision 2020
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by olayhincar(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
Gat some messages for u Manchester United Fans
                                                                  Arsenal Registration is available at www.arsenalnigeria.org
    Reasons to become an Arsenal Fan

2) First Leg Man Utd 2  vs Arsenal 2
3) Second Leg Arsenal 1 vs Man Utd 0

We meet in the premier league in few weeks later
4) Premeir League Second Leg  Arsenal 2  vs Man Utd 0

so u see the the reason why u should join the most impressive club in the world with the highest number of fanbase all over the world with no actual no because we increase every day.

ENTRIES CLOSES WHILE STOCK LAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by MAITEMA(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
I've been edgy all day, cant wait for the blast of the whistle.

Hope my boys do me a favour tonight. Their inconsistency makes it impossible to predict but I want an away goal at the least.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by fellow(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2009
I dont think this match would be a draw. Its gonna be tough. Man Utd probably has some of the best forwards in the game and if fergie decides to play the 3 strikers upfront - tevez, rooney and that 'SLOW' berbatov then they might be too much for Arsenal but i won't place my bet him using the 3 striker option. He'll probably use rooney and berb.

i think Man Utd would nick this. Man Utd 3 1 Arsenal
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by femzy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2009
MATCH FACTS

- These two sides have never met in European competition before.

- Manchester United have kept more clean sheets than any other side in the Champions League this season - seven.

- Of the sides left in the competition, United have the best defence; conceding only five goals.

- This will be the 38th time that Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson have met as managers. Wenger has won 14 and Ferguson has won 13 of the previous 37.

- The away side has only prevailed once in the last eight meetings between these two teams.

- Of the previous 14 all-English Champions League ties, the home side have only lost on two occasions.

- Arsenal have not managed to defeat an English side in the Champions League before, in four attempts.

- The Gunners have won just three times in their last 13 Champions League away matches.

- Manchester United are unbeaten in 20 Champions League matches at Old Trafford.

- The Red Devils are unbeaten in a record 23 Champions League games.

- This is Manchester United's 11th appearance in a European Cup semi-final. Only Real Madrid (21), Milan (13) and Bayern Munich (12) have appeared in more.

- Despite getting to the semi-final stages, United have only managed to win four of their 10 Champions League games so far this season.

- Arsenal have been caught offside more than any other team in the Champions League so far this season - 42.

- Denilson has had more touches of the ball than any other player in this term's Champions League - 938.

culled from http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29042009/58/champions-league-team-news-facts-man-utd-v-arsenal.html
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by pek(m): 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2009
i'm neither a fan of both sides but man u will definetly chew arsenal just like i chew meat.

are you sure you av teeth?
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by fellow(m): 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2009
pek:

are you sure you av teeth?

lol
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by olayhincar(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
Ferguson is probably going to be under pressure today
and now that arsenal they GBona FELI FELI we no get time for confused teams .Gunners4 lyfe
i tipp us to win or draw
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by pek(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
Man u 3 Arsenal 0.
Cant wait to c Ron disgrace Gibbs.

hope you wont have a heart attack.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by nyabinghi(m): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
United is written all over this tie. A 2 goal advantage United. United is too much going forward.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by darqly(m): 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
Am having a jolly good laff on behalf of all dem gunners that have a schoolteacher for a coach and a five-a-side squad that will be further eroded after they finish this season trophyless.

But then, this is usual for Arsenal in recent years, NOT a SINGLE trophy from ANY tournament.
Ronaldo to make Gibbs and Silvestre dance de "kerewa" before crossing for Rooney to score.
Berbatov to score a pure beauty and Silvestre to collect his regular red card in big games!!

UTD rule
Others DroooooooL grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by pek(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2009
Last season Gunners beat them home and away

this is false information. last season, it was a 2-2 draw in emirates while Man U won 2-1 in old trafford. it was 3 seasons ago that arsenal won home and away.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by gasman58: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2009
GUNNERS GUNNERS GUNNERS GO FOR THE GOAL, TOURE DON'T ALLOW ROONEY BECOS HE'S A BAD BOY

ARSENAL 2 Vs MAN U 1, its going to be a diff. one result

GUNNER 4 LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by nalia: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
manu for life 3-5
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by drucheGoD(m): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
If Man U scores first, e go hard awon Gunners o!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by PERVERT9: 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2009
by dis time 2morow arsenal fans all over the world would be gnashing their blue tooth teeth
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by gasman58: 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
@pervert, if ARSENAL fan are gnashing thier teeth 2morrow, just like this grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, which is a sign happy mood, united fans will be sheilding tears, like this embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

GUNNERS FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by KunleOshob(m): 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2009
I am sure Sir Alex and his whole squad of scummies would be shitting bricks by now. Our guns have been rolled out and we would definitely be firing on all cylinders grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by gasman58: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2009
@KUNLE, ose,ooose,ooose omo banke

we go punish united today

GUNNERS 4 LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by eyonigger(m): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2009
The chelsea fans are all shouting they want a revenge for last season, dont they know there aint time for that this season? They can have that 3 years to come. Its time for the arsenal Barca rematch which was 3 years ago to be precise.

I am a Barca/Football fan, with this conclusion, once BaRCa can clinch our laliga title and copa de royal, if we meet arsenal in the finals, I would love for arsenal to win the trophy. They deserve it, and we also do.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by nyabinghi(m): 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2009
This tie is gonna be the easiest semi-final for United in the history of footie. Arsenal to be on the back foot for most of the encounter. United dey too much for Arsenal.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Man United(1) Vs Arsenal(0) On Wednesday 29th April by bgees(m): 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2009
i hope arsenal win this. anything to make a scummie cry i'd be down with.

arsenal can overwhelm the scummies. i just hope arsene wenger gets it right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Sunderland (2 - 0) On 16th May 2017 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 0) On 9th November 2022 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal On 13th December: 1 - 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.