Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production (1048 Views)

JAMB Delists Management Courses In Seven Universities / Senate Moves To Convert Kadpoly, Yabatech To Universities / We Have Not Converted Kaduna Poly , Yabatech To Universities – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 13, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-_VOPsgoTVRM/VhvTOHpWQ_I/AAAAAAAACJ0/wB9BVm0vrMY/s1600/Abay-Esho-Lagschools-com.jpg[/img]
Yaba College of technology (Yabatech) is set to start offering courses in film production, the aim is to foster the development of movie production in Nigeria.

With a vision to bridge the skill gaps in the Nigerian film industry, Yabatech Film Academy, is set to admit students as from January 2016.

An initiative of veteran film director, Abay Esho and his partner, Kingsley Omoefe.

Yabatech Film Academy is borne out of a partner­ship between Yabatech Consult, an enterprise of Yaba College of Technology and a Lagos-based production company, Crest Entertainment.

According to Abay Esho, a consultant to YFA, the academy will be situated in the premises of Yaba College of Technology and will give opportunities to the young ones to access quality hands-on training in the areas of Acting for Screen, Directing, Editing, Film Production and Marketing, and Cinematogra­phy, while students will graduate with a professional Diploma certificate after six months.

Yabatech Film Academy boasts of state of the art equipment such as RED, Arri, Blackmagic, Canon, and Sony high definition cameras. All these will be made available to complement the academy’s dream of raising excellent filmmakers.

“In this industry where professionalism cannot be discarded, there comes a need for the young ones to be grounded practically and theoretically in different areas of film making. YFA is positioned to meet that need and expose students to what it takes,” Esho said.

He stated further: “Our curriculum is fashioned after the best film schools and we have scholars and practitioners to train students and the best student each session has the opportunity of a scholarship to study for a degree course abroad. Since the industry is the second highest employer of labour, there is a need for training of entrants and that is what Yabatech Film Academy stands for.”

An experienced film director, Abay Esho has directed many productions including Dear Mother, Every Day People, Eve, and Oasis among others.

As said earlier, this is a six months course, after completion, students would be awarded a Professional Diploma certificate.

Source: LagSchools.com
Re: Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production by flexxyworld(m): 8:36am On Oct 13, 2015
Nice development.. We dey wait

1 Like

Re: Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production by mayriann(f): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2015
Hi weselion, why don't you address the issue of Yabatech Hnd form payment. Some people might have information they want to pass across.
I for instance wants to get the Hnd form for the past one month and the site has been displaying "sorry this payment has closed". I haven't been able to go to the school due to work.
Can you please post something on your website/blog or here.
Thank you.
Re: Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
mayriann:
Hi weselion, why don't you address the issue of Yabatech Hnd form payment. Some people might have information they want to pass across.
I for instance wants to get the Hnd form for the past one month and the site has been displaying "sorry this payment has closed". I haven't been able to go to the school due to work.
Can you please post something on your website/blog or here.
Thank you.

Yabatech has issues with the federal government, so they had to compulsorily close the payment portal for now. There is a rumor that it would be rectified by Thursday. I will update on my blog if there is any new development.
Re: Yabatech To Begin Courses In Movie Production by mayriann(f): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
Weselion:

Yabatech has issues with the federal government, so they had to compulsorily close the payment portal for now. There is a rumor that it would be rectified by Thursday. I will update on my blog if there is any new development.
Alright, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Becomes Oracle Database Certified – Quick Steps / Faculty Of Engineering Aau Mourns / Before You Go To Russia From Nigeria Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.