Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Is God's Love Really Limitless? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God's Love Really Limitless? (1963 Views)

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / Why Does The Christian God Love To Massacre Millions Of Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
[size=14pt]This above question was asked by a Christian Sister, When her preached that Hell Exist....

Let's define Limitless
According to dictionary.com
without limit; boundless:
limitless ambition; limitless space.

Now lets ask our self this question if God's love is truly limitless, why is there Hellfire?

P.s This question should be answered objectively
[/size]
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by TrajansKong: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
Objective answer: REVENGE!!!
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
TrajansKong:
Objective answer: REVENGE!!!

If i may ask.. revenge in what way?
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by TrajansKong: 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

If i may ask.. revenge in what way?

He is a jealous and an angry god. His wrath and hunger for vengeance is infinite as is his mercy. As he blesses those who worship him so shall he curse and condemn to eternal fire those who love him not.

Read the sermon http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=etas Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards. Take comfort from it and fear the Lord always.

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
The Bible god is no god but a monster with limitless anger and trust issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
TrajansKong:

He is a jealous and an angry god. His wrath and hunger for vengeance is infinite as is his mercy. As he blesses those who worship him so shall he curse and condemn to eternal fire those who love him not.

Read the sermon http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1053&context=etas Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards. Take comfort from it and fear the Lord always.

Dude.. But his mercies are Limitless... So why vengeance.
Read this...https://www.nairaland.com/2662600/conversations-god
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by TrajansKong: 6:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

Dude.. But his mercies are Limitless... So why vengeance.

Because he is Lord of all...and because He can! And some have disobeyed though they were warned, whilst others feared him not. So they will all burn. So it has been written, so it shall be done...
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
TrajansKong:

Because he is Lord of all...and because He can! And some have disobeyed though they were warned, whilst others feared him not. So they will all burn. So it has been written, so it shall be done...

Sorry to digress... are you on Meth?
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by TrajansKong: 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Remilekun101:

Sorry to digress... are you on Meth?
I am high on the Holy Spirit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
We were created in HIS image so we are creators and we create our own heaven and our own hellfire. Choose consciously what you desire to create. Back to the question, is God's love limitless? Yes, if our love is. wink

1 Like

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by johnydon22(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
[b]Good question ....

I have wooed many girls in my life and if i recall correctly i have never said
to any of them "I love you, love me back or i hurt you" any sane mind will
see that everything should be wrong in that statement.

The very idea of me hurting her if she doesn't love me back nullifies my
confession of love for her.

God says "I love you, if you don't love me back i will burn you in hell forever"
Am sure everyone can now see everything wrong in this, it is blackmail, it is
blatant abuse and the very sadistic idea of punishing someone because they
don't reciprocate your love reveals egoism at a chronic level, it is barbaric as
well as it is repulsive and blatantly implausible. Yet they want us to swallow
that a perfect being operates within such childish egoism and abusive ways.

https://www.nairaland.com/2496350/questioning-implausibilities-giving-reason-chance

The threat of torture for an act of not reciprocating a profession of love nullifies the profession of love in entirety..

Love the much i know as a human emotion is not judgemental, wrathful, hateful, anger, threat or torture rather love is acceptance, kindness, care and compassion and this emotion i have seen in most life forms in this planet even in a little way..

To dub such concepts an act of love as the Op asked means we have to change the definition of love to accommodate such chronic barbarism
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
[b]Atheist always claim God is a monster when in fact they are the ones that are monsters. They hate people in their heart, they lie, some steal, some selfishly seduce and sleep with a girl and break her heart without care of what happens to her, some cheat, gossip, slander, are greedy, covetous, proud, false witnesses and betrayers, some even murderers and the list goes on.

But yet they claim God is a monster and they are far better. And somehow they expect if God is good and of Love why will He also punish people in hell. God who is good and the source and standard of all good and infinite good and a righteous Judge will He not punish people with such evil qualities in the depths of hell?

He cries out night and day love yourselves but no people turn their backs and spite each other. But yet they want God to ignore all that.

There is a standard of manufacture for every product made. If a product falls short of the standard by even one mistake, It is discarded and never put out in the market.

But yet they want God who is the standard good whom Jesus said even the Love and care a mother has for her child compared to God, Is as evil in His sight,.... to not punish evil. He who says only His righteousness or someone with His own righteousness can stand before Him.

You would expect that if someone is infinite then all His characters are infinite. His love is infinite as well as His wrath. That's why many will experience His wrath in His infinite form and others His love in His infinite form.

Isaiah who was a prophet of God and considered holy by people in Chapter 6 saw God's Holiness and said "Woe is me for I am undone" and was going to die as a result if not for a Seraphim that had to help him in atoning for his sin.

The Day will tell if God was truly a monster or if it was humans.[/b]
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:
[b]Atheist always claim God is a monster when in fact they are the ones that are monsters. They hate people in their heart, they lie, some steal, some selfishly seduce and sleep with a girl and break her heart without care of what happens to her, some cheat, gossip, slander, are greedy, covetous, proud, false witnesses and betrayers, some even murderers and the list goes on.

But yet they claim God is a monster and they are far better. And somehow they expect if God is good and of Love why will He also punish people in hell. God who is good and the source and standard of all good and infinite good and a righteous Judge will He not punish people with such evil qualities in the depths of hell?

He cries out night and day love yourselves but no people turn their backs and spite each other. But yet they want God to ignore all that.

There is a standard of manufacture for every product made. If a product falls short of the standard by even one mistake, It is discarded and never put out in the market.

But yet they want God who is the standard good whom Jesus said even the Love and care a mother has for her child compared to God, Is as evil in His sight,.... to not punish evil. He who says only His righteousness or someone with His own righteousness can stand before Him.

You would expect that if someone is infinite then all His characters are infinite. His love is infinite as well as His wrath. That's why many will experience His wrath in His infinite form and others His love in His infinite form.

Isaiah who was a prophet of God and considered holy by people in Chapter 6 saw God's Holiness and said "Woe is me for I am undone" and was going to die as a result if not for a Seraphim that had to help him in atoning for his sin.

The Day will tell if God was truly a monster or if it was humans.[/b]

Lets assume your god exists,he is an asshole

1 Like

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by TrajansKong: 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:
His love is infinite as well as His wrath. That's why many will experience His wrath in His infinite form and others His love in His infinite form.

That's what I've been talking about, people.

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Atheist always claim God is a monster when in fact they are the ones that are monsters. They hate people in their heart, they lie, some steal, some selfishly seduce and sleep with a girl and break her heart without care of what happens to her, some cheat, gossip, slander, are greedy, covetous, proud, false witnesses and betrayers, some even murderers and the list goes on.

[size=14pt]I am only concern about the above... I can boldly tell you your christian brothers are the guilty ones[/size]
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

[size=14pt]I am only concern about the above... I can boldly tell you your christian brothers are the guilty ones[/size]

That's why no one is innocent And I gave my last sentence.
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
TrajansKong:

That's what I've been talking about, people.

Meth at work

1 Like

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
TrajansKong:

I am high on the Holy Spirit!

[size=14pt]high on Holy Spirit? Meh n Didn't know Holy spirit is like Jack Daniels[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

That's why no one is innocent And I gave my last sentence.

but you made Mention of atheist Specifically
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

but you made Mention of atheist Specifically

For the first Paragraph yes I did.

But in my last sentence I made mention of all Humans.

Or Are Atheists the only Humans?
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

For the first Paragraph yes I did.

But in my last sentence I made mention of all Humans.

Or Are Atheists the only Humans?

Please lets digress.... On the last day, do you mean God will assembly everyone before him and starts asking each one to recount how he spent his or her life
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

Please lets digress.... On the last day, do you mean God will assembly everyone before him and starts asking each one to recount how he spent his or her life

Firstly, There will be different thrones set up in which some saints will sit and also join in the Judgement.

Secondly, Nobody will be asked to start speaking of their life from birth to death.

Thirdly, God is Omnipotent. Nothing is hard for Him to do.
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by TrajansKong: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

[size=14pt]high on Holy Spirit? Meh n Didn't know Holy spirit is like Jack Daniels[/size]

Blasphemy! It is stronger than mere alcohol!!?!!

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Firstly, There will be different thrones set up in which some saints will sit and also join in the Judgement.

Secondly, Nobody will be asked to start speaking of their life from birth to death.

Thirdly, God is Omnipotent. Nothing is hard for Him to do.

One wise man said something and i quote

[size=14pt]"Indeed it is all too easy for you to believe the unbelievable; for then you need not trouble to think and examine for yourselves. Just because it cannot stand up to any test that is in accordance with the Divine Laws of Nature, you simply have to believe, without questioning the why or wherefore; you have to believe blindly, and this you imagine to be great! You who so conveniently imagine you are particularly devout, simply raise yourselves above all doubts in this matter, and . . . feel happy, secure, noble, pious and sure of a place in Heaven!

However, you have not thereby raised yourselves above all doubt, but only bypassed it in a cowardly way! You were too spiritually indolent to bestir yourselves, and preferred blind faith to a knowledge of the natural happening in the Law of God’s Will. Fictions devised by the human brain aided you in this. For the more absurd and incomprehensible the things you are supposed to believe, the easier it also becomes literally to believe in them blindly, because in such matters it is quite impossible to do otherwise. Knowledge and conviction must be eliminated then.

Only the impossible demands blind, unreserved faith; for whatever is possible immediately stimulates independent thinking. Wherever there is Truth, which is always characterized by naturalness and consistency, thinking and deep intuitive sensing automatically set in. This only ceases where it no longer finds anything natural, thus where Truth does not exist. And it is only through deep intuitive sensing that anything can become conviction, which alone brings values to the human spirit."
[/size]

[size=16pt]what can yo get from the above?[/size]
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

One wise man said something and i quote

[size=14pt]"Indeed it is all too easy for you to believe the unbelievable; for then you need not trouble to think and examine for yourselves. Just because it cannot stand up to any test that is in accordance with the Divine Laws of Nature, you simply have to believe, without questioning the why or wherefore; you have to believe blindly, and this you imagine to be great! You who so conveniently imagine you are particularly devout, simply raise yourselves above all doubts in this matter, and . . . feel happy, secure, noble, pious and sure of a place in Heaven!

However, you have not thereby raised yourselves above all doubt, but only bypassed it in a cowardly way! You were too spiritually indolent to bestir yourselves, and preferred blind faith to a knowledge of the natural happening in the Law of God’s Will. Fictions devised by the human brain aided you in this. For the more absurd and incomprehensible the things you are supposed to believe, the easier it also becomes literally to believe in them blindly, because in such matters it is quite impossible to do otherwise. Knowledge and conviction must be eliminated then.

Only the impossible demands blind, unreserved faith; for whatever is possible immediately stimulates independent thinking. Wherever there is Truth, which is always characterized by naturalness and consistency, thinking and deep intuitive sensing automatically set in. This only ceases where it no longer finds anything natural, thus where Truth does not exist. And it is only through deep intuitive sensing that anything can become conviction, which alone brings values to the human spirit."
[/size]

[size=16pt]what can yo get from the above?[/size]

That you are deluded.
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
TrajansKong:

Blasphemy! It is stronger than mere alcohol!!?!!

All I see on the table is Green KUSH (weed), is that the holy Spirit?
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Remilekun101: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

That you are deluded.

Thank you for your time
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remilekun101:

Thank you for your time

Thou art welcome.
Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Deo1986(m): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2018
If there was actually a god in the first place he will make sure everyone he created loves him unquestionably. Those of us from another school of thought thinks that everyone has a role to play in the multiverse, Wether you chose to be a killer, thief, pastor, teacher, politician or business man. It has never been proven that any dead is in heaven or hell. The creators of religion really did a good job in manipulating people's mind. I'll give it to them they were intelligent!!

Re: Is God's Love Really Limitless? by Outofsync(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2018
By definition, God is love innit?

(1) (Reply)

The Experience 2016!!! / Why Do Christians Pray On Mountains / My Best Bible Verses.they Are Just Incredible, Mind-blowing and Refreshing.!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.