Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,531 members, 7,847,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us (2856 Views)

Buhari Should Speak On $48m, Nigerians Doubting His Corruption War – SERAP / Orji Uzor Kalu In Lagos Court For His Corruption Trial (photos) / Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
LordMecuzy:
I Think it's time to hit politics in my lovely Imo state in 2019 and make sure I'll steal enough money for me and my kids..Then if I'm caught I'll apologise and own up to the crime...

I'll be called a hero
Yes boss! Also be prepared to forfeit your loots and proceeds of your loots, be convicted and serve few years in jail and be haunted by ex-convict tag grin grin

1 Like

Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by modath(f): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
LordMecuzy:
I Think it's time to hit politics in my lovely Imo state in 2019 and make sure I'll steal enough money for me and my kids..Then if I'm caught I'll apologise and own up to the crime...

I'll be called a hero

Unfortunately you came in the age of social media grin

If you try am now, na rocks people go take give you horns for head & giant boil for face. cheesy
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by oloyedayo(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Alams was corrupt and he was jailed, yes. He is dead. Timipre Sylva is still alive with allegations of thievery and he wants to be governor again, yes. Why don't people shift their focus to the one alive and let dead Alams go to hell or heaven as he deserves? Beneath the venom most people spew at Alams is the evil of party loyalty. We can do better for Nigeria if we judge issues without such ludicrous loyalty that makes us adulate some thieves and crucify others.

1 Like

Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by modath(f): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

What else were you expecting? A man committed a crime, was punished and forfeited proceeds of his loot. This was fully captured.
The same man made contributions towards the advancement of his own people prior to and after he was punished. This was fully captured!
So what were you expecting again? That I write only his ills, which he paid for and leave out his contribution? Be specific
TonyeBarcanista:

What else were you expecting? A man committed a crime, was punished and forfeited proceeds of his loot. This was fully captured.
The same man made contributions towards the advancement of his own people prior to and after he was punished. This was fully captured!
So what were you expecting again? That I write only his ills, which he paid for and leave out his contribution? Be specific

Banana peep alert!!!

The FIFTH.. lipsrsealed

You know whay you are doing.. smiley

I "live" you in the able hands of omenka.. cheesy
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
oloyedayo:
Alams was corrupt and he was jailed, yes. He is dead. Timipre Sylva is still alive with allegations of thievery and he wants to be governor again, yes. Why don't people shift their focus to the one alive and let dead Alams go to hell or heaven as he deserves? Beneath the venom most people spew at Alams is the evil of party loyalty. We can do better for Nigeria if we judge issues without such ludicrous loyalty that makes us adulate some thieves and crucify others.
I love this!
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by Appareil(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
After the creation of Bayelsa state from the Old Rivers state in 1996 by General Sani Abacha, one of the need of the new state was leadership. On May 29, 1999, Chief Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamesiegha was sworn in as the first Executive Governor of the state after his successful outing at the governorship poll.

His Contribution To Bayelsa state
Chief Alamesiegha immediately introduced scholarship scheme for Bayelsa students with a minimum 5 O'level credit (Maths and English incuded) in SSCE/GCE to study in Russia and Ukraine. This model was later to be adopted by the Rivers state government! He also established the state university, Niger Delta University in Amasoma. While Rivers was struggling to pay her indigent students in tertiary institution their bursary of TEN THOUSAND NAIRA, Gov Alamesiegha was always faithful in paying THIRTY THOUSAND NAIRA bursary to students of Bayelsa state origin in tertiary institutions (as at 2003). He constructed roads, established the only state university and employed lots of Bayelsans. In fact, Bayelsa state became a state of envy to Rivers indigens. While Peter Odili of Rivers state was arming youths and promoting cultism, Chief Alamesiegha was keen on empowering Bayelsa youths to be productive. In 2004 at the peak of cultism in rivers state, Alams was quoted to have confronted Odili with these words..."Why are you allowing your people to be killed?". Till date the achievement of Alamco has never been matched by his successors; Dr Ebele Jonathan, Chief Timpre Sylva and incumbent Seriake Dickson.

His Contribution To Niger-Delta Struggle
When it comes to the Niger Delta struggle, Alamesiegha was a champion of the resource control demand. He was the only Governor since 1999 that ever maintained the resource control slogan amongst every governors in the region. That earned him the title 'Governor-General'. Alamco played no small role to the ushering of the amnesty program by the late Yar'adua administration. Bayelsans and all true sons and Daughters of Izon nation will always appreciate him for this. He was one of the Niger-Delta greats.

His Corruption, Impeachment and Conviction:
Perhaps he had reasoned that since the allocation that was accrued to Bayelsa state was huge, he should 'keep his own share in a safe place'. He soiled his hands in the cesspit of corruption and lodged monies belonging to the state in the UK, US and Nigeria, in addition to his investment in the aforementioned countries. In 2005 December he was subsequently impeached from the exalted office of Bayelsa state governor. Like Mary Magdalene in the Bible, Alamesiegha pleaded GUILTY before the judge in 2007. He was punished for his offence in accordance with the law and he also gave up all he stole from Bayelsa state back to the state.

We All Will Be Remembered By Our Deeds
There is a popular hymn that says "We will be remembered by what we have done". While some rightly or wrongly remember Alams as the corrupt man that jumped bail in the United Kingdom, some others will rather remember him as the once corrupt governor that acknowledged his sin(like Magdalene), got punished severely for it but remained a statesman, and was committed to the cause of his people till the point of death.

The lesson to those alive is that irrespective of our good deeds and good intentions, we have the responsibility of steering clear of every activities and actions that will cause eternal stain to our image and deeds. This is because we all will be remembered by what we have done.

Rest In Peace Alamco!!! Rest In Peace Governor-General!!!
Good one! If he pleaded guilty and returned his loot though the tongues of men may wagg and curse,his sheet will be clean before the Judge of all men; Jehovah except otherwise. Salute Barcanista!!
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by Appareil(m): 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
modath:

Banana peep alert!!!

The FIFTH.. lipsrsealed

You know whay you are doing.. smiley

I "live" you in the able hands of omenka.. cheesy
And who is he? Why don't you face him yourself. Jelly fish with no back bone!
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by Okanokan(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
My Broda and friend TonyeBarcanista, i don't wholly agree with you. For now we are mourning because of the humanity in us and the African mythology don't talk bad of the dead. My gun powder is dry.
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Okanokan:
My Broda and friend TonyeBarcanista, i don't wholly agree with you. For now we are mourning because of the humanity in us and the African mythology don't talk bad of the dead. My gun powder is dry.

Appareil:
Good one! If he pleaded guilty and returned his loot though the tongues of men may wagg and curse,his sheet will be clean before the Judge of all men; Jehovah except otherwise. Salute Barcanista!!

1 Like

Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by Ebukaobi: 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2015
Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy

Barcanista has a new thread in case you have not been notified yet
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by Appareil(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I was referring to the hatred from people judging him.not you bro!
Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
Appareil:
I was referring to the hatred from people judging him.not you bro!
My brother, I was actually trying to reply the dude with your comment.

1 Like

Re: Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us by Ebukaobi: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, I was actually trying to reply the dude with your comment.

Barca. How u dey?

U no call on Lala to take this to FP?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Call For Nairaland PDP To Endorse Her Candidates / 2015 APC Primary Election Tussle: Gov.tambuwal Losses At Supreme Court / Lord Lugard's Perception Of The African Man - What Is Your Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.