Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,671 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo (5752 Views)

"Wetin Dem Know Wey Be Biafra?" - Obasanjo Speaks On Agitation On BBC (video) / Let Us Beg Those Agitating For Biafra--obasanjo / Boko Haram: What A Retired General Told Me About ‘defeat Claims’ – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, the former president of Nigeria has said that Nigeria will win the war against Boko Haram the same way the country defeated Biafra secessionist during the civil war. The civil war which occurred from 1967 to 1970 was an attempt by some states to break away from Nigeria and establish an independent Biafra state.

According to Daily Trust, the former president expressed optimism that the country would put an end to the insurgency. He said this on Monday, October 12 after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on his delegation’s mission to study Columbia’s efforts in the fight against the country’s largest rebel group, FARC.

Obasanjo said it was not until every Boko Haram fighter had died before the country could claim to have defeated the insurgency. Rather, Boko Haram could be considered defeated as soon as the army had the upper hand and other measures had been put in place.

Obasanjo said: “Oh yes. If we won the civil war, we can win this one. But like the Columbian said, we are not waiting until we kill off every insurgent to say we have won. I believe that once the military has the upper hand, other measures that have to be taken will be put in place. There will be measures of socio-economic development, education, employment. All that has to go into the process of eventually winning the war and saying here is Uhuru”.

He also said that the three month target that the president gave to the army to defeat the insurgency would help them to have a focus. “The president must give a target. When you give somebody a target, you give him something to aspire to, giving him an objective. Target is not cast in stone. I believe that if you are talking of getting the upper hand, gradually, we are getting the upper hand.
“We are not there yet, but we are getting close. And once we are getting upper hand, we move on and do other things.”

He also explained his reason for visiting the president: “I’ve come to see the president for two reasons. The first one is the one you’ve just seen. I brought a delegation of those of us who visited Columbia last year under the auspices of a foundation which I’m the chairman…We went to Columbia to see how the Columbian authorities were handling the issue of insurgency which had been with them for more than 50 years. As a result of that visit and the experience we had, a book was produced and I said to them that it would be interesting for us in Nigeria to learn as much as we can learn from the experience of Columbia.

“The second aspect of my visit was the work that both the president and the ECOWAS gave me in Guinea Bissau. The last time, we were able to resolve all the issues of getting a new Prime Minister. This time, we had also been able to resolve the issue of now forming a government.”

He added that he was enjoying his retirement: “I am enjoying it wonderfully well. Otherwise, I will not be here with you.”

President Buhari sent Olusegun Obasanjo to Guinea Bissau to resolve the political apprehension that was going on in the country. The move was considered a way to strengthen Nigeria’s foreign policy in Africa.

https://www.naij.com/601017-will-boko-haram-biafra-war-obasanjo.html

2 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by kemlily(f): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Baba iyabo at it again!!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by zico530(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
I have never seen a man with so much double standard like Obj

3 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Baba Iyabo, abeg take am easy. You seem happy heating up the polity every time.
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by priiince(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
iis he saying igbos are behind the boko haram menace

2 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by DuchessLily(f): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
OK.... We?? Who are "we"?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by moderation2020: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
DuchessLily:
both & baba is mad
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by moderation2020: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
DuchessLily:
both OP & baba are mad

4 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by playahata: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
Obasa[b]NJO[/b] (Nwoke a ajoka!)

2 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
DuchessLily:
The old man is just trying to form relevant in every government.

Na Tinubu wey these Generals do 419 I dey pity!
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
I love this.
Another "Odumegwu Ojukwu saga" is a welcome development.
Way to go, Boko Harams!!
Buhari and his boys' doom is nigh.

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
moderation2020:

both OP & baba are mad
Its time for your afternoon medication!!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:

You're a big fool.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by orisa37: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
We Thank God Almighty for OBJ.!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Philistine(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
I support the Ota farmer on these issue, boko haram would be decimated the same way biafrans were made to kiss the dust.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
ZedX9:

You're a big fool.
............... But wiser that the wisest family member in your entire lineage/eneration

3 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
priiince:
iis he saying igbos are behind the boko haram menace
Nope. He's simply implying that the Boko Harams are going to become a thing of the past, in due time, just like your praise singing companions (the biafrans).

5 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by DuchessLily(f): 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:

grin cheesy make tinubu sef go rest.... He has tried.

He should go and be enjoying All the money and properties he has acquired so far

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by DuchessLily(f): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
moderation2020:

both OP & baba are mad

Buhahahahahahaa cheesy
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:
............... But wiser that the wisest family member in your entire lineage/eneration
Doesn't change the fact that you're brainless.
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
ZedX9:

Doesn't change the fact that you're brainless.
.........Brainier than the ''brianest'' in your lineage

2 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by moderation2020: 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:
Its time for your afternoon medication!!

ur parents need medication, bushmeat

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by tolexy007(m): 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
angry
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by goodmorning40: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
Who are the 'We' I hope he's not referring to his family, those fear fear and cunny cunny babies
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by PedroJP(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
First, Biafrans didn't surrender as defeated party in the fight. Secondly, classifying Biafrans agitation then with Bokoharam can only make me say Boko haram should continue and even extend and slaughter Southwest and inhabitants. Amen.

Biafra he defeated in his dream are still so much alive.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:
.........Brainier than the ''brianest'' in your lineage
Cease bleating, goat. If your brain is auctioned for sale to the lowest bidder, I'm sure, it still wouldn't amount to anything. . .
Ewu can bear.
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
moderation2020:

ur parents need medication, bushmeat
Sho shooo shooo shhhhhooo. Get back into your cage or ............................
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by wasco24: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
grin
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
ZedX9:

Cease bleating, I am goat. If my brain is auctioned for sale to the lowest bidder, I'm sure, it still wouldn't amount to anything. I am as worthless as tissue. . .
Ewu can bear.
Fixed.

I have nothing more to add!!

1 Like

Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by moderation2020: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:
Sho shooo shooo shhhhhooo. Get back into your cage or ............................

getoutofmysight!!!!!!!!! u blockhead slowpoke
Re: We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
dougivilla:
Fixed.

I have nothing more to add!!
Abeg swerve into BRT lane and get hit by a at-the-verge-of-thy-kingdom-come truck.
#Zero tolerance for cretinous fvcktards like yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos 2019 Budget Already In The House- Budget Commissioner / IPOB: Operation Show Your Näked Wife PICS, VIDEO / How To Collect Federal Government N20,000 Cash Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.