Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

We Need Education Not Schooling. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / We Need Education Not Schooling. (549 Views)

Schooling And Working ; A Dilemma / I Am Tired Of Schooling / Why Does The Nigerian School System Not Encourage Working While Schooling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Education Not Schooling. by ohgurl(f): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
Have you ever wondered why a lot of graduates are churned out of the school system every year and they have nothing to show for those hard-earned years of toiling,all in the name of bagging a certificate?Burning night candles,sleepless nights,cries for admission,money spent,rules to abide by and nothing to show for it?
Hopes of many graduates have been dashed away by unemployment,which some blame to the harsh economic condition of the country.This has not left even first class graduates out.You will see an okada man speaking correct polished english telling you his a graduate.So why the fuss of "I must go to school by fire by force?"Some even rush to further their education after their first degree hoping it will end the misery but still end up in frustration.
Let me make this clear to you'[/i][/b]am not an advocate of illiteracy[i][b]'I personally just got admitted in Unilorin and am barely 18.What I notice among aspirants and most of my friends is that they behave as if their life depends on a [/b]school certificate [b].No wonder when they graduate and the reverse happens they end up frustrated people.This drives some to the height of committing suicide.Why should your life depend on some written A4 paper crap.Am a subsequent visitor on nairaland and I can tell you have learnt more on this this thread,especially career section courtesy of people like X-fire,depreye(if i spelt it correctly) than I will ever learn in the four walls of a classroom.
80% of what you will make use of in real life is not taught in the classroom.Will school teach you how to put up with your nagging boss?Manage your relationship with your family?Developing saving habits?Am even shocked that C.V writing has not been added as a mandatory course for every student in tertiary institution.A lot of graduates don't know how to compute a good C.V.What will fetch you what is in your hands is what is in your head,so what am trying to say in essence is that education is important.
All those theorems and principles taught in school does not apply in the real world.So you need to school yourself extensively to be educated.We still have people that are first class graduate and are [/b]educated illiterates[b].I think educational system needs a total overhaul to suit the era we are in.Some teachings and practices are becoming obsolete.
Get education today!prepare yourself for the real world and stop limiting yourself to that A4 paper grade.You have 5.0 C.G.P.A and you are practically dumb so what?Change your thinking faculty and think wide.Am not yet an adult and I just got admitted and have made a promise not to limit myself.Its not who you are,where you are that matters but your outreach to the world.....Mods pls do the needful....Cc Lalastical

1 Like

Re: We Need Education Not Schooling. by wayzman1991: 7:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
nice one @op
Re: We Need Education Not Schooling. by ShutdownBrown24(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
good write up
Re: We Need Education Not Schooling. by chikeFavor2000(m): 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sis I share almost the same amount of this sentiment with you. The schooling system is not anywhere near anything that can produce a self reliant graduate, it's needs total revamping. The noise and clamor for certificates is just a misconception of ideality and reality. School is meant to improve your thinking but in actual sense it tells you what and how to think. And it's visible in our society, the civil servants(schooled/graduates) with plenty certificates are majorly the average citizens but businessmen /entrepreneurs with few or no certificate becomes the first class citizens.
My sis advice to you is that you should not drop out of school and make your good if not good fair grade, your cert will surely give your folks happiness and a sense of pride.
To all undergraduate do not kill yourselves to get an ordinary cert because when you come out you will see that school and cert is seriously overrated.

(1) (Reply)

Dont Just Watch Football Make Extra Income From It / How To Make A Living From Satelite Installation, CCTV And Production Of Inverter / Free Training On Proposal Writing (10 Pdus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.