Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook (27012 Views)

Robbery Incident In Bayelsa, Suspect Shot By JTF (Photos) / Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) / Graphic Photos From Edo State Robbery Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Laredojohn(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
PRESS RELEASE
Today 13/10/2015 at about 0825hrs the Area ‘E’ and the Divisional Police Headquarters both at Festac Town received information of sporadic shootings at 4th Avenue Festac Town, Lagos. In a swift reaction, the Area Commander, Area ‘E’ mobilized a joint Team of Area ‘E’ and Divisional Headquarters, Festac that engaged the Armed robbers numbering over 40, dressed in military Camouflage and armed with military assault rifles of various calibre robbing Access and Diamond Banks simultaneously. The gun battle forced the armed robbers to abandon over Twenty Seven Million Naira and Two Hundred and Forty Rounds (240) of 7.62mm live ammunition. No life was lost on both sides. The case has been referred to Special Anti-Robbery Squad for discreet investigation while security has been beefed up within Festac Town and its environs.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State wishes to reassure the residents of Lagos of their safety and urge them to go about their normal business as he has vowed to stop at nothing in unraveling the perpetrators of this heinous crime.
DSP JOSEPH OFFOR
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
LAGOS STATE POLICE COMMAND,
IKEJA.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1514003698917707&id=1374557889528956

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by managermahmud: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
When will police stop lying to us "No life was lost'' while news had it that 2people dead.

Police said the thieves abandoned 27m naira while news had it that the succeeded in d robbery

Ok o! Tmrw, d robbed banks will release their own statement. Just wait and see

Finally, NPF will capture some nigerians innocent of the crime, beat d hell out of them to agree that they carried out the attack, just like in Falae's case. Shikenan cool

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by omusiliyu(m): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Thunder fire them and their useless belatedly statement

RIP to the 14 months old baby and her mother that died during the robbery

35 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by ephi123(f): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Story story story! undecided
What about the woman and her child that died? No mention of that. Nigerian police smh!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
This one Na story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Themandator: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
On both side but what about the ladyband her baby?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Yinkahlite(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Lagos police is now forming Jackie chan. Y them no catch any of the robbers?
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Super1759: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Y
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Kundagarten: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
No life was lost on both sides.
what?
What of the woman who died with baby?
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by eleojo23: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
They are on top of the situation as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by qualityovenbake(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
I don't get it. Why didn't they mention the civilian life that was loss, a woman and her 14months old baby that was hit by stray bullet.
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by dedons: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Just like the bad old dayz...

We don enter one chance...

This is the change you voted for.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
plz abeg , we need to obey tradition.
today is my birthday...

happy birthday to me

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by ceejay91(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
What can I say?
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by 1love4all: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
See lie
Naija police can lie

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Had1zasaf: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmm
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by pillowcase: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by trayvon360: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
naija police and their swift lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by niceguy7(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
May God help us in this country, these youths of nowadays with "i must be rich at all cost mentality" shaa,
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
So dem no go with any money abi na wetin you na dey talk
No life was lost bawo? What about the 18 months old baby
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by kennyman2000(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmmm... if police could give this kind blatant lies about the robbery operation.

Then, i can swear it with my EX-gf boobs that, the suspect paraded are innocent.. Police can lie ooo

may God not let me,family and fellow nairalanders be a victim of police misfortune.. (Amen)

check my signature for ur customised wristband

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by jackmartial(m): 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
naija police and statement sef!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by yorke1: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
Police can lie. Are they saying no money was charted away and no live lost? Is that press statement from Oluwole?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by ilsmiling(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
no b small thing o
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by OYAY(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
What are these people saying? In other thread they arrived the crime scene 1hr after the robbers had left;I don't the truth of this press statement
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by whizpa(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Beremx(f): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
Believe naija police at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Valfrankie(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
Fools... Bunch of pot-bellied Ediots. This press release irks me more than the actual robbery. WTF angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Issue Press Statement On Festac Robbery Incident On Facebook by Laredojohn(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Really dnt know who to believe, police will say something different, the eye witnesses will also say something different....God help us, banks are now targets...banks close to waterways...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Cleric Stabs Lagos Landlord To Death / Drug Lord, Edwin Elochukwu Anyaoku Extradited To Face Drug Trafficking Charges / Man Kills Friend With Cylinder After Smoking Colorado In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.