Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

How Much Does The CBN Pay? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Does The CBN Pay? (24643 Views)

Please What Does CBN Pay Executive Assistant (HND) / How Much Does Cbn Pay Its Staff? / Cbn Pay Package For Experienced Hire $ Fbn Pay Package For Entry Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2009
Folks, does anyone know how much the Central Bank of Nigeria pays staff?
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by features: 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2009
central bank pay well so forget it my Brother.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by joxiri: 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2009
I dont have any idea how much they pay staffs, but my uncle who is a retirred pensioner from cb earns about #300,000 a month
for them to pay their pensioners that much, their staff must earn a lot as well
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by stanloski(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2009
You guyz shd not believe any fantasy story. "paying well" is quite subjective. Compared to other ministries CBN is just slightly better but compared to banks and pples belief, the pay is laughable. I know from first hand experience wink. if its money ur looking for please look elsewhere.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
You guyz shd not believe any fantasy story. "paying well" is quite subjective. Compared to other ministries CBN is just slightly better but compared to banks and pples belief, the pay is laughable. I know from first hand experience . if its money ur looking for please look elsewhere
ure correct! i know a gurl that left cbn cos of the pay for one of the banks
CBN is a place to retire not where a hu-su-la like me will go and start life
u go suffer ehn grin.
u can only enjoy the cool work hours and the less stress associated with the work environment. but kudi/owo/ego? na lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Affalatus: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2009
YOU CAN EARN OVER 2.4 bILLION nAIRA IN LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS. JUST GET CLOSE TO THE CABAL PRESENTLY THERE MANIPULATING THE NAIRA AND THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ECONOMY.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2009
well, good pay is subjective. What about career advancement, flexible working hours, prestige and good working environment? These are the stuff I have much value for. I live overseas but I'm considering moving back to naija to work. I wrote the CBN tests with all other ppl and am looking forward to the results. However, I'm still thinking of the pay before I can agree to attend any interviews assuming I would be selected to attend interviews. I like Nigeria cos the place is relaxed, cosy and warm. Anyone here works for CBN? any salary structure information would be appreciated.

Ppl here, pls understand that some of us have hussled in Europe and America and are looking for places to come back to and settle. We may not be looking for very flashy monied jobs of course, since we have all chased after money abroad, working nightshifts, doing odd jobs and stuff like dat. We might have built our own houses, have cars in nigeria and just want to come back and live a quiet and relaxed life. I'm still very young (35) so life is still ahead of me.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by bigbois: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
I'm still very young (35)

Big guy, na 35 you dey call very young? shocked grin

What role, level, department are you applying too? If na to be director, your pay may be small, but you go hammer in other areas
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by getmeme: 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2009
well, good pay is subjective. What about career advancement, flexible working hours, prestige and good working environment? These are the stuff  I have much value for.
that is what you should consider o
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by tkb417(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
YOU CAN EARN OVER 2.4 bILLION nAIRA IN LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS. JUST GET CLOSE TO THE CABAL PRESENTLY THERE MANIPULATING THE NAIRA AND THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ECONOMY
if u have earned the 2.4 billion, what are u still doing on NL? angry

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by dearstan(m): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Poster:
Well the pay depends on the level you are. For the level of a senior supervisor (level 8, 9, 10), i think the basic salary hovers around 80k, while that of an assistant manager (level 7) is around the range of 90k -100k. Though those amounts are not that mouth watering, you get to enjoy lots of other financial benefits in the endless list of allowances like lunch, security, domestic, transport, course training, duty tour e.t.c

In all, it is a good place to work, with little stress. The thing is you just have to cope with the cut-throat corporate politics being played in the bank - you have to learn a lot about being diplomatic.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by ToToChoper: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2009
Like any organisation, your pay would depend on your skill, qualification and position appled for.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by stanloski(m): 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2009
dearstan:

@Poster:
Well the pay depends on the level you are. For the level of a senior supervisor (level 8, 9, 10), i think the basic salary hovers around 80k, while that of an assistant manager (level 7) is around the range of 90k -100k. Though those amounts are not that mouth watering, you get to enjoy lots of other financial benefits in the endless list of allowances like lunch, security, domestic, transport, course training, duty tour e.t.c

In all, it is a good place to work, with little stress. The thing is you just have to cope with the cut-throat corporate politics being played in the bank - you have to learn a lot about being diplomatic.

u have a point BUT! The "endless list of allowances" only amounts to liquidity without financial progress. The thing with the place is this- if you are there you better have a business you are growing by the side, its the perfect place for that. you have time and calmness to plan and make your move. If you are looking to build wealth and financial freedom by getting a job then you really need help!
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by sMilA(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2009
Affalatus:

YOU CAN EARN OVER 2.4 bILLION nAIRA IN LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS. JUST GET CLOSE TO THE CABAL PRESENTLY THERE MANIPULATING THE NAIRA AND THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ECONOMY.
very funny!
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2009
Bigbois, thanks for your comment. If 35 is not young for you, then you're living in Alice's Wonderland. I obtained a PhD at the age of 32 and also worked for a lot of international organisations. Well, most guys in 9ja are still looking for MSc degrees at the age of 40 and are still starting careers at that point. So what's the stress with you? Maybe you are deluded by the spate of discrimination by commercial banks in Nigeria against people over 25 or 30. Come to Europe or America, that nonsense does not apply. You can be 50 and still get a job in a bank. period. Performance is not linked to age. The more you get older, the more your value increases, especially if you are a professional.

Back to the topic. Thanks everyone for offering information about remuneration at the CBN. My guess is that it's a good place to work, although things may go slow as a result of bureaucracy, but it would still be better than most other ministries in 9ja where things go at tortoise and snail speed.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by kachiside: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
My bros, money is not every thing. If you are looking for money and you come into CBN because of that, then you are dreaming. I can tell you first hand that they are not paid much when you compare them with all these commercial banks.

One thing with CBN is that you have time for your self and no stress of marketing and meeting target, when you are sleeping, you sleep well not worrying about who to meet for Money.

So when they call you for interview, go if you can manage with the stipend they are being paid, though you enjoy in the end if you are not greedy.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by richmind2: 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2009
My inlaw who just got recruited earns about N180,000. What he told me o!. Could be more.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by bigbois: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2009
@poster,

I don't question your accomplishments. In fact, I congratulate you for achieving so much, so early in life. We really thank God for your life. But you lost me with your reference to accomplishments etc. The question didn't put any of that in context did it?  I only commented on your reference to 35 being "VERY YOUNG".  Anyhow, like they say, it's no big deal. Good luck with your job hunt btw!

On another note, age discrimination is everywhere. It is such a topical issue in most parts of the world, including the developed countries you refer to.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
Bigbois,
thanks for your post, well, I'm not here to tout my accomplishments. When you said, 35 is "not so young", logically, inferences could be drawn. Is it as per age? or as per accomplishments? or as per looking for jobs? or as per what?. These are the indices we would normally associate with age. 35 is not very young in a lot of ways (i have to give you credit for that), however, relating to the topic of discussion, it is a very young age. You probably dont know the job am going for so you cant make inferences, lol. On the lighter side, I cant leave Europe and come down to 9ja for an entry level position or a mid-level position (I'm too old for these)---lol. Yet some ppl in 9ja who are 40 are begging for entry level positions (do you see?). At the test centres, I was amazed that men of 40(graduates) were writing some tests, and find out what position (very low level). So you could see at 35 am already too big for those. Make your conclusions,
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by bigbois: 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2009
@poster,

Thanks mate.

I simply meant that 35, unless put in a qualifying context, is not "very young". Taken in context of a 109 year old man, then it's veryyyyy  young.  A 15 year old, in any context,  is very young etc, , get my drift?

Oh,  I be think say you wan posse with education and things,     tongue

In more advanced economies, age discrimination mostly affects older folks. From what I read and see with Nigeria, it's the reverse. In all my 15 years of professional experience across three continents (Excluding Africa), I find that young people are empowered.  It took me a while to get that into my head, that I wasn't too young to be in any position and that perhaps, this era belongs to the comparatively young. There are just too many old folks in important positions in naij!

The substantive CEO of the Prudential, Tidjane Thiam, a black African is 46. We know of Obama in the US and David Cameron in the UK.  In the organization I work for with 80,000 employees globally, a 41 year old has been the CEO for 3 years.

The trend seems to be changing for the better in Nigeria though, as I see young professionals in top positions, particularly in the private sector.  Is the public sector (for which the professions of Politics and the CBN falls under) any different?

BTW, they do"entrance exam" for senior level positions in Nigeria?  shocked
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by TDBrasco: 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2009
CBN is a very good place to work in Nigeria. Probably one of the best government agencies to work after NNPC or so.  They are autonomous so its less beauracracy, compared to ministries and stuff.  great packages - health,transport,housing allowances etc.
Very good incentives.
Are u trying to work in the abuja head office, or anywhere else in the country?
Depending on the level u applied for, the salaries are not bad at all +  u get 6 weeks vacation smiley

If u just did the test, I know pple that know pple.
good luck.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2009
Bigbois, at least at CBN, you write tests and attend interviews for every position regardless. Before getting promoted as well, you write exams. dats the stuff.

TDBrasco:- thanks for offering to help. I'm not looking 4 help though. I can take care of myself. If I don't get it on merit, then "to hell with the damn stuff". I know how Nigeria is, but who cares about nepotism, tribalism, quota system(federal character principle) and all the stuff they do down there. I'm prepared to cope with the peculiarities of 9ja once i get the job, but am not prepared to "lie flat on the ground" for any "Baba", "Senator", Ooni of Ife or Ezego I of Ihiala, or Emir of Ajangbadi before I get a job. Sounds strange? I got a different vibe.
Thanks
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by TDBrasco: 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2009
Boss, Goodluck in all your endeavours
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by frankkky: 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
35 is a very young age in whatever context
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by joshO: 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
Bros, wetin my 16 yr old broda come be?  Micro young? cheesy
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by frankkky: 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
na wah o, sometimes i just wonder,@josho pray to lose a child at 35 ,why i said 35 is a very young age in whatever context is based on a lot of ecoonmic statistics i dont wish to go into now,i have never heard of anyone retired at the age of 35 in any labour force in the world,the poster was talking of advancing himself and he said he is 35, to me considering his achivements he is very young,when bankole became the speaker of the house of reps at 36 there was a stir in the press why do you think that was?(dumbass)

1 Like

Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by joshO: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2009
,@josho pray to lose a child at 35
Wetin this get to do with anything? I no want to loose anybody, irrespective of the age, slowpoke!

36 there was a stir in the press why do you think that was?(dumbass)

From your contribution I can see you're retarded!. @Bigbois has a point and articulated his view and moved on, so did @poster. You still dey there dey battle your mental retardation. FYI 35 is much nearer to middle age than you think. Young man, yes. Very very young, child, infant, NO.

Na true bigbois talk, na only naija people like you go dey call papa pickin! If you haven't reached 50 in naija, you are still a baby, too young, too inexperienced, too this and that, when 40 na the average age of directors for some of the biggest companies in the world.  Idiot.
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by frankkky: 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
na wah o,why are you contaradicting yourself grin grin take am easy no worry at 35 old case, close o abi?
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by frankkky: 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2009
grin grin grin grin take it easy mate just joking with you i think you see my zebudaya english
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
Haba Josho, which one you no dey? frankky is kinda calling ur bluff dats all, I hope you no fail recruitment test recently, if no, why you go dey hala? lol
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by bigbois: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
The CB doesn't seem like a bad place to work at all. Expecially considering the possibility of owning your own venture while in employment, as seems common out there.

On a related note, can someone please suggest what position / figure someone with the following education / experience can realistically expect to attain in naij?

###
MSC (Information Systems), MBA  (Finance) (Both from reputable UK institutions)
10 years consulting (Big 5)
6 years Investment Bank (operations) - (@Director)
###

I hear companies are now holding back on further recruitment due to the economic conditions?

I'm enquiring for somebody behalf, so please so any advice / insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Re: How Much Does The CBN Pay? by Amaladede: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2009
An individual with such background would be able to secure jobs at Directors level anywhere in Nigeria. However, Directorship jobs in Nigeria sometimes are very political, but you would need a lot of professional clout, networking, attitude and good interpersonal relationships to close the deal. That's what I reckon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy / As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... / Age Discrimination In Government Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.