Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine (3386 Views)

How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline / Hausas And The Honda Brand / Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2015
If you have a slight tapping noise on your Jseries honda accord engine the most likely culprit could be the valve clearance. It is recommended you do a valve clearance adjustment every 15,000miles.

Before starting, ensure you have equiped your self with a set of valve cover or rocker arm gaskets, to avoid oil leaks after the proceedure.

It requires opening the valve cover and using a filler guage to readjust the valves.

Pics below.

Insert the feeler gauge (A) between the adjusting screw and the end of the valve stem on No. 1 cylinder, and slide it back and forth; you should feel a slight amount of drag.

[img]http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5228&stc=1&d=1150217002[/img]

The valve clearance can also cause the code P0174 and P0171 (lean mixture)

You can read up more here about the problem

Add http to the link ://www.driveaccord.net/forums/23-2004-honda-accord-instructions/6718-v6-valve-adjustment.html

1 Share

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Also if you have doors that don't open from the inside, check your child lock.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf-Tkj-MBbzc6SDSu8p54memvFhJLA_oE2yWoTBZ-7SGnufFzW6A[/img]

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:53am On Oct 14, 2015
If your A/C is no longer functioning as it should, please come for a refund for the A.C compressor and Gas you paid for N30,000 it is possible the one I installed (tokumbor of an engine)is leaking or there is another source of leak. We can return your old compressor into the vehicle (it was clearly leaking).
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2015
As stated on my documentation, your vehicle was towed in not in a drivable condition from a another mechanics workshop, I was unable to test the electronics and the defog button was not listed as part of my work, neither was it tested when it came in.

Vehicle came in with a flat battery.
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:57am On Oct 14, 2015
Stop spamming my threads and use this medium to express any problems you might have.

I do not want you as a customer any more. Job order was specific and is complete.
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2015
The vehicle in the pic has no identifying marks and is not yours, please post a pic of your vehicle to prove your claim.
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by FlyboyZee: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2015
@Gazzuz, who irked your ire this morning Na? Abeg take am easy o...
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by FlyboyZee: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
If you have a slight tapping noise on your Jseries honda accord engine the most likely culprit could be the valve clearance. It is recommended you do a valve clearance adjustment every 15,000miles.

Before starting, ensure you have equiped your self with a set of valve cover or rocker arm gaskets, to avoid oil leaks after the proceedure.

It requires opening the valve cover and using a filler guage to readjust the valves.

Pics below.

Insert the feeler gauge (A) between the adjusting screw and the end of the valve stem on No. 1 cylinder, and slide it back and forth; you should feel a slight amount of drag.

[img]http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5228&stc=1&d=1150217002[/img]

The valve clearance can also cause the code P0174 and P0171 (lean mixture)

You can read up more here about the problem

Add http to the link ://www.driveaccord.net/forums/23-2004-honda-accord-instructions/6718-v6-valve-adjustment.html

I think I can hear that tapping sound when I start my car. Most mechanics I have shown it to or discussed with seems to think its the adjuster that needs replacement. The car is a 2009 Honda Civic EX Coupé. What do you think I should do?
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by depair: 10:00am On Oct 14, 2015
gazzuzz b calm with ur client.
resolution should be a win-win situation.
its ur thread bt there is need to allow for complaints n grieviances should be welcomed.
A satisfy client is a plus to you irrespective of what it took you to have ur client happy.
Enjoy ur day
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by colossus2: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2015
Amkob embarassed
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2015
depair:
gazzuzz b calm with ur client.
resolution should be a win-win situation.
its ur thread bt there is need to allow for complaints n grieviances should be welcomed.
A satisfy client is a plus to you irrespective of what it took you to have ur client happy.
Enjoy ur day

What if you don't want that type of customer?
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by Marpol: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You must want the customer. You can't reject a customer boss.

2 Likes

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
Marpol:

You must want the customer. You can't reject a customer boss.

You can.

When the job is done you decide not to work for them any more, and face other less troublesome ones.

But most especially ensure the job is done completely.

If there are complaints about jobs, you can refund for parts and labour.

Valve tapping is ROUTINE under routine maintenance.
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by depair: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

even if you dont want such customers let the client leave u satisfied n job in perfect shape.
that is a win win situation
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by chukel(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Stop spamming my threads and use this medium to express any problems you might have.

[b]I do not want you as a customer any more. [/b]Job order was specific and is complete.

ur temper too hot. Abeg chill. E neva reach like that naa. Guy, chill.

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by baaliyah(m): 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
Gazzuz pls take it easy, settle this issue and stop working on his car.
I have stopped many customers that are problematic. Life is too short. I can't be dealing with people who are unnecessarily difficult.
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2015
amkob:
Thank you all for your replies thus far especially the fair and unbiased comments.

My brother GAZZUZZ...
You have energy and time to create another thread, make several posts and upload pictures but simply cannot spare minutes to peacefully attend to a customer's complaints? My brother, na wa o

Quick notes...please consult or find out the risk of -
(1) using another person's asset (pictures of the car in this case) without authorization (especially when you were explicitly told NOT to do so).
(2) not fulfilling the terms and conditions on your estimate/invoice documentation specifically Term #1 on GUARANTEE
(3) further evidenced responses around the customer complaint(s) will be posted on the appropriate thread for vehicles repairs handled by you, GAZZUZZ i.e.
https://www.nairaland.com/2356445/remotely-follow-vehicle-repairs-online/23

This is NOT an attempt to blackmail or de-market anyone, just a statement of issue(s) for which valid evidence exists.

My honest advice
Peacefully resolve this nagging issue(s), learn from the experience and use it as selling point for your work (i.e. ability to effectively and promptly resolve customer complaints)

The choice is yours...you all have freewill.

The bolded shows you are just out for blood.

Unlike the chucky thread, I will not stretch this longer than it should.

My terms were simple engine replacement.

Handling and logistics.

Engine has been supplied, engine has been replaced, work has been completed.

You have a 10,000km guarantee on the engine or 3months (which ever comes first), as writen in the fine print of your invoice/receipt.

All other complaints about air-conditioning and doors not opening are new to me.

This is my offer.

A full refund for engine, engine oil, a.c compressor and labour charges.

meaning, take your vehicle to another repair shop, buy another engine pay labour charges and have them drop the engine I installed and the compressor.

If you want me to post details of our transactions I will gladly do it on naira land (complete details.)

I am not a fraud or a scammer I just do not like your person, Ild rather get a new line of work than work for customers like you.

This is a faceless forum and you are currently faceless and have nothing to loose. I do.

This offer ends today 6.pm

P.s I will have to post pics of my invoce and details of our transactions if you continue spamming my threads.

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by amkob: 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ, my brother...

No-one on this thread is after your blood, person, customers or business.

To evidence the above statement, this reply has been made on this thread INSTEAD of the thread where it ought be {per item (3) in the last amkob response which has been deleted...}?

amkob recommended you to the said client. Thus, was very sad when the customer subsequently complained about the issue(s) and your inability to even take calls or reply WhatsApp messages since last week.

Recall, who brought the issue(s) to Nairaland? You
How? By posting the said car on Nairaland and then on two separate threads; all without permission.
https://www.nairaland.com/2652824/pic-repair-dump/1 (it appears the picture post on this thread has now been deleted...?)

As for your offer - you have the client's contacts, reach out directly and peacefully sort it out.

As for posting personal details on a public forum like Nairaland, do NOT do it...do NOT do it...do NOT do it. Na advice I dey give you as my brother.
The un-permitted post of the car pictures is already bad enough...
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2015
amkob:
GAZZUZZ, my brother...

No-one on this thread is after your blood, person, customers or business.

To evidence the above statement, this reply has been made on this thread INSTEAD of the thread where it ought be {per item (3) in the last amkob response which has been deleted...}?

amkob recommended you to the said client. Thus, was very sad when the customer subsequently complained about the issue(s) and your inability to even take calls or reply WhatsApp messages since last week.

Recall, who brought the issue(s) to Nairaland? You
How? By posting the said car on Nairaland and then on two separate threads; all without permission.
https://www.nairaland.com/2652824/pic-repair-dump/1 (it appears the picture post on this thread has now been deleted...?)

As for your offer - you have the client's contacts, reach out directly and peacefully sort it out.

As for posting personal details on a public forum like Nairaland, do NOT do it...do NOT do it...do NOT do it. Na advice I dey give you as my brother.
The un-permitted post of the car pictures is already bad enough...

So now amkob is not the client?

You are now speaking in the third person.

I see.

My offer has expired and I will ignore you and amkob for now.

Please prove that the vehicle posted is for the client.

P.s when you want to tell a story start from the begining.

Open a thread if you want to.

Engine price was market price.

Engine was suppied at transportation cost of almost 10,000 out of which you made me part with a loss of 15,000 by buying a part you and I agreed upon, and even after you were aware the part had been supplied and installed you insisted you will not pay for it. You also sold your engine and compressor as scrap in the market before the job was completed.

You paid 30,000 as labour charges out of which

15,000 was for a part you didn't pay for,
10,000 was for supplying the engine.

Total 25,000.

So in all I got 5,000 for installing a v6 engine.

You my friend are a wicked person, I only managed you till your job was complete and I didn't have any questions to answer.

You towed your vehicle to my workshop and drove it away in perfect condition.

You still drive it every day and I assume you have Traveled with it.

I do not like customers that go back on their words (I have my documentation to show for it) you were not blind when I listed the faults and the costs and you accepted them only to turn back days later with financial problems.

Please get another repair workshop to adjust your valves and scan your vehicle, you did not pay for those services and I will not offer them to you.

The doors not opening from the inside is possibly my fault and I can pay for that, the A.C not cooling is new to me, you only complained here on NL (you have 10,000km or 3months) which ever comes first. But at this point I will rather refund your 30k for compressor and gas and sleep well.

Only God knows what made you tow your vehicle from your mechanics place to mine, possibly it's the same "wayo" behavior of not meeting up to agreements.

If you want to discredit me start your story from the beginning.

12 Likes

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by colossus2: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2015
Where person wan start from for this kain matter now sad

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by DuchessLily(f): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2015
colossus2:
Where person wan start from for this kain matter now sad

Hmmmmm.. I wonder oo
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by amkob: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2015
Again, to demonstrate that I do NOT want to deliberately blackmail, de-market, dis-credit, insult or offend you...I have intentionally posted my reply on this thread instead of your repairs thread. In addition, I do not see the benefit to me, you or the client of opening another thread of issue(s).

My brother, GAZZUZZ...

Looking at your last reply, there are alot words/commentary I would have used to reply them but whats the use?
Will the words fix the issue(s) NO
Will the words make you pleased? NO

I could have told you details of how I offered and initiated a partial refund of N2,000,000 i.e. two million naira (bank receipt still exists till date) to customer after I had bought, shipped and delivered his SUV complete with original clean title documents, shipping receipts+Bill of Lading and Customs papers, just for peace and to save my name. But why bore ourselves with history?

Thus, I will try not to use too many more words.
You may not agree with my statements (and that is normal) but I believe they are clear enough.
If you had OR have any complaints with customer's conduct at any point during the work, kindly address the client directly and promptly.
No one is perfect, including me.

Right now, I will try to invest my resources in fixing my strained relationship with "your client?" arising from this work. It a relationship that has existed for years and I do not think engine, money or spare-parts can buy it...

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by DuchessLily(f): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2015
amkob:
Again, to demonstrate that I do NOT want to deliberately blackmail, de-market, dis-credit, insult or offend you...I have intentionally posted my reply on this thread instead of your repairs thread. In addition, I do not see the benefit to me, you or the client of opening another thread of issue(s).

My brother, GAZZUZZ...

Looking at your last reply, there are alot words/commentary I would have used to reply them but whats the use?

I could have told you details of how I offered and initiated a partial refund of N2,000,000 i.e. two million naira (bank receipt still exists till date) to customer after I had bought, shipped and delivered his SUV complete with original clean title documents, shipping receipts+Bill of Lading and Customs papers, just for peace and to save my name. But why bore ourselves with history?

You may not agree with my statements (and that is normal) but I believe they are clear enough.
If you had OR have any complaints with customer's conduct at any point during the work, kindly address the client directly and promptly.

Right now, I will try to invest my resources in fixing my strained relationship with "your client?" arising from this work. It a relationship that has existed for years and I do not think engine, money or spare-parts can buy it...

Confused much!!

?? ??

I thought amkob is the client undecided

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2015
amkob:

My brother, GAZZUZZ...

You so called friend/client (if it's not you) is not a straight forward person.

* He has no trust
* Does not live up to agreements made on.
paper.

Please go through the paper work in his possession. It is stated clearly what he paid for, and what he didn't.

He has a scanner he scanned his vehicle he has a lean mixture code on bank 1. Pic above is that of his scanner.

A lean mix is not life threatening but unfortunately he did not pay me any diagnostic or scanning work.

He complained about a tapping noise, the noise is from the valves and they require adjustment (every 15,000miles) I did not raise the issue of the tapping because

It would require opening a tokumbor engine and after wards installing new rocke arm seals. The way (you)/your client was complain about money I didn't want to bring up more parts to the situation. As I said, before the job was completed he had already come to the workshop with a taxi to collect and sell his old engine and compressor as scrap in ladipo. I had to fore warn him to remove and keep his (throttle body, coils, injectors, coolant sensors, crank sensors cam sensors, e.t.c) as they might be useful in future.

I rent a very expensive workshop, I don't work under a tree and running round in circles for a customer that DEFRAUDS you does not make it any better.

Your friend(you) is not a good person and I am not ready to work for him any more.

I have blocked him on whatsapp and I do not pick his calls. Please since you are (him) his friend ask him if he still wants the a.c compressor?

My offer on the engine has left the building.

1 Like

Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by davo3286: 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
Sorry for digressing. But I need a TORQUE WRENCH urgently. Where can I get it to buy?
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by mayor2013: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
davo3286:
Sorry for digressing. But I need a TORQUE WRENCH urgently. Where can I get it to buy?

What size of torque wrench do you need. Cal 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by davo3286: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
mayor2013:

What size of torque wrench do you need. Cal 08156087872 or 08165520837

Thanks for your response. I think a general purpose one will do...one that can be use to torque nuts on car engines. Maybe 6 - 200N.m range of torque. What range do you have?
Re: Valve Adjustment On The Honda J Series Engine by hkwills(m): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
sir G
Can u help me confirm d prize of dis Mercedes benz intelligence module
It's for 2010 e350
Tanks sir

(1) (Reply)

Advise Please ! What Good Obd Ii Car Scanner Can I Buy For / "Full Options"? The Myths Unravelled. / Please Help, How Effective Is Car Pedal And Steering Lock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.