Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport (16564 Views)

The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe / 15 Fun Facts About The Honda Accord / Hausas And The Honda Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by autojosh: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
You all remember Honda Passport ? It was Honda’s first SUV, dipping the Japanese automaker’s toes in the proverbial water before it came out with the original CR-V. Now it turns out that Honda could be preparing to bring the name back out of retirement.

Car and Driver located an application filed by Honda with the US Patent and Trademark Office for just that nameplate, suggesting that the plan is already in motion to expand the manufacturer’s SUV lineup with another model.

Though it’s unclear at the moment just what that model would be, we could see it turn up on the anticipated short-wheelbase version of the Pilot. The model is expected to arrive sometime next year with only two rows of seating instead of the new Pilot’s three, bridging the gap between that model and the CR-V that sits below it.

The original Passport, in case you’re having trouble recalling that far back, lasted for two generations, from 1993-97 and 1997-2002, and overlapped with the CR-V that arrived in 1995. Only instead of developing the model itself, Honda simply rebadged the Isuzu Rodeo in its own image. The upscale Acura division did the same with the 1996-99 Acura SLX, similarly badge-engineered from the Isuzu Trooper, prior to the launch of the first-generation MDX in 2000.

Whatever model the Passport name is applied to next, it isn’t likely to have anything to do with Isuzu whatsoever.

https://autojosh.com/honda-passport/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by autojosh: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2017

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by hollawaley2: 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
looks like an old model......I was expecting a more cooler and fly look

1 Like

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by ironheart(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
Tokumbor?
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by diportivo: 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
hollawaley2:

it is the old model

the write up said it all

did u read

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
hollawaley2:

Of course the pictures are the old retired models.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Alisegun(m): 7:04am On Apr 27, 2017
old model
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 27, 2017
The Book of Acts says that "All the disciples were in one ACCORD"

I prefer the Honda Accord!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by BizBayo: 7:06am On Apr 27, 2017
In Maze voice 'welcome back'
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by TeeFriz: 7:07am On Apr 27, 2017
I love this vehicle
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Festysnow: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2017
I wish them Goodluck
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by autotrader014(m): 7:14am On Apr 27, 2017
Cool. The car is a very strong car

Mean while for your best car deals in PH, contact us

On whatsapp 09056222781

If you stay in PH and want to buy a car in Cotonuo, we get you any car of your choice with a deposit of 200k, when the car lands in PH, you inspect and complete payment.

Serious buyers only should contact me

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2017
Oh, OK.

Thought it was retired in favour of H-Pilot.

Quite a rugged vehicle.
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by BigJakie: 7:18am On Apr 27, 2017
Old model car

Expected next year

My brother what oracle did you use to get this is on Frontpage
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by spaggyy(m): 7:20am On Apr 27, 2017
while am already planning to sell mine for 300k

1 Like

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by gift01: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
The way old things are returning; hope Sir Alex Ferguson will not be recalled to manage Man Utd

2 Likes

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Saheed9: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2017
pls
autojosh:
You all remember Honda Passport ? It was Honda’s first SUV, dipping the Japanese automaker’s toes in the proverbial water before it came out with the original CR-V. Now it turns out that Honda could be preparing to bring the name back out of retirement.

Car and Driver located an application filed by Honda with the US Patent and Trademark Office for just that nameplate, suggesting that the plan is already in motion to expand the manufacturer’s SUV lineup with another model.

Though it’s unclear at the moment just what that model would be, we could see it turn up on the anticipated short-wheelbase version of the Pilot. The model is expected to arrive sometime next year with only two rows of seating instead of the new Pilot’s three, bridging the gap between that model and the CR-V that sits below it.

The original Passport, in case you’re having trouble recalling that far back, lasted for two generations, from 1993-97 and 1997-2002, and overlapped with the CR-V that arrived in 1995. Only instead of developing the model itself, Honda simply rebadged the Isuzu Rodeo in its own image. The upscale Acura division did the same with the 1996-99 Acura SLX, similarly badge-engineered from the Isuzu Trooper, prior to the launch of the first-generation MDX in 2000.

Whatever model the Passport name is applied to next, it isn’t likely to have anything to do with Isuzu whatsoever.

https://autojosh.com/honda-passport/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
u these auto guys reporting cars upandan . which car u dey use sef?
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by OBAGADAFFI: 7:31am On Apr 27, 2017
They​ should bring back the Honda legend

1 Like

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Onyenna(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2017
Okay naah
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by def111(m): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2017
the price go cheap now
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Dottore: 8:24am On Apr 27, 2017
If Honda Pilot can be such a monumental failure despite being a higher level SUV then your guess is as good as mine when taking about lesser ones.
Honda trash as usual.
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2017
Oopps
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by invectives(m): 8:56am On Apr 27, 2017
hollawaley2:
FTC WEY NO READ TOPIC NA FTC BE DAT ONE

1 Like

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2017
Dottore:
If Honda Pilot can be such a monumental failure despite being a higher level SUV then your guess is as good as mine when taking about lesser ones.
Honda trash as usual.

How is the Honda Pilot a failure? Pls enlighten us.

1 Like

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by luvinhubby(m): 10:07am On Apr 27, 2017
Rugged & Suave SUV, alli have to say is welcome back Passport.
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by seangy4konji: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2017
A very strong car.
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by GetUmad: 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dottore:
Honda trash as usual.
Jeez! Did you just use failure and Honda pilot in the same sentence?

1 Like

Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by adanny01(m): 9:38pm On May 02, 2017
Dottore:
Honda trash as usual.

When you hate, do not assume that is an automatic failure.

Personally, i like Honda but will never buy a pilot, it still doent in any way make it a failure.
Re: Honda Preparing To Bring Back The Honda Passport by michaelchinedu(m): 10:00am On May 03, 2017
AVAILABLE CARS FOR SALE CONTACT FOR MORE INFO AND OTHER.
1999 toyota camry for sale available at an auction rate of 450,000 naira with full option to place an order you can contact on +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too thank you.

I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean.
Direct from Germany.
call +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too for more pictures and clean Business thanks

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

(1) (Reply)

Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck / EYE CANDY: Modified Cars / Hyperloop Releases New Images :how Would You Like To Travel At 1200 Km/h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.