Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago (2163 Views)

Why Buhari Sacked Jim Obazee, FRC Boss – Fayose / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Why President Buhari Sacked DG, NIMASA, Akpobolokemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by shaddoww: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2015
Professor Isaac Adewole, former vice-
chancellor of the University of Ibadan, was
sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari 30
years ago, when he was Nigeria’s military
head of state.
Sixty year old Adewole was then the
secretary of the Association of Resident
Doctors at the University College Hospital in
Ibadan.
Declared wanted by the Buhari regime,
Adewole ran out of Nigeria and was on exile
in Britain for 15 months. He returned to
Nigeria following the pardon granted him and
others by the Babangida administration.
But being in exile also changed the career
path of Adewole. In an interview with
TheNEWS on the occasion of his 60th
birthday last May, he explained how this
happened:
“I was away for about 15 months. But the
experience I had at a research laboratory in
London also influenced what I am today and
helped me when I returned because while I
was there, I wrote four papers. The then
president, Ibrahim Babangida, gave us
pardon. He said he was granting pardon to
all the dismissed doctors so that they could
participate in the national political discourse.
” I must thank some of my teachers who
believed in me, especially Professor Ladipo
who took active interest in me and brought
me up. He was from Ogbomoso and I am
from Ilesa. Many of the things I have
achieved today happened through my
interactions with him. He was among those
who encouraged me to come back. I almost
didn’t want to come back. Coming back
means I am now in the academic line.
Sometime in 1984/85, someone prophesied
that Adewole would become a lecturer and a
professor and I said, Throw it into the bin. I
came back and from lecturer one, I rose
through the ranks and became a professor,
became head of department, provost,
member of council, and vice-chancellor.
Over the last 60 years, I have been the
product of some divine interventions at
various junctions.”.

thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/10/buhari-sacked-adewole-ministerial-nominee-30-years-ago/
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by kemlily(f): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2015
NOTED
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by WHOcarex: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2015
Toh
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by RoyalBlak007: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2015
NOW YOU KNOW
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by babdap: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2015
There is a blessing in every problem / obstacles in life.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2015
That's APC's definition of change. Bringing back men and women of yesteryears that are naturally best suited for the Academic profession and research institutes into our political offices that are best suited for 21st century brains.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by ernesty20(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2015
So what are we gonna do with this news?
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by Ciscogod(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2015
So u were brought back from the grave?
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by sltn(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2015
okay!

next!
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by luvinhubby(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2015
Great !!
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by oloyedayo(m): 10:17am On Oct 14, 2015
life.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by Aromas: 10:18am On Oct 14, 2015
ernesty20:
So what are we gonna do with this news?
Learn from it.... The Elders call it Misery of Life
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by sandraokosun: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That's APC's definition of change.
u have managed to crawl back from the lagoon and self imposed exile u gave urself since last week! We havent gotten an epistle on how the ministers screened failed to wear suite or bring their wife to senate too. Its suprising u havent found a fault. Anyway ur paymasters were busying laughing with lai as he ridiculed them yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by wasak(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That's APC's definition of change.
Eternal hater. Here's ur meal

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by Alphaoscar: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Happy for him.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by kokoA(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2015
To show you that Buhari is truly a repented democrat. God will continue to bless Baba, he has forgiven him his sins and kept him healthy and strong for this long because he sees his pure heart. You can't but just love him. May he see the Nigeria of his dream.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2015
wasak:
Eternal hater. Here's ur meal
Eternal 'non-hater' where is the meal?
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by sandraokosun: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2015
what do u aim to achieve with this OP. If buhari nor bring am back una go say he isnt forgiving, vindictive and remains a military marfia. But this proves he remains a true converted democrat

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by ernesty20(m): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2015
Aromas:

Learn from it.... The Elders call it Misery of Life
ok. I have learned how to sack. Thanx
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by bugzbunny: 11:02am On Oct 14, 2015
APC is a Northern scam virus
Infected by a yoruba man
Suffered by all Nigerians
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by kennybabs1980: 11:04am On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That's APC's definition of change. Bringing back men and women of yesteryears that are naturally best suited for the Academic profession and research institutes into our political offices that are best suited for 21st century brains.
go n die!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by AZeD1(m): 11:12am On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

If academics and researchers are not 21 century brains, how will their products be 21st century?

A goat cannot give birth to a pig.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Buhari and those he erred in the 1980's forgiving each other.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2015
AZeD1:

If academics and researchers are not 21 century brains, how will their products be 21st century?

A goat cannot give birth to a pig.
I disagree Sir! Products of research can always be improved upon by 21st century brains to meet the yearning of the age.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by Ebukaobi: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I disagree Sir! Products of research can always be improved upon by 21st century brains to meet the yearning of the age.

You have not attended any university in your life so you have no right to comment on issues bordering on academia and research

And where did you get the idea that they have not updated their knowledge over the years? Not everyone is lazy and lacks motivation like you. Not everyone looks for the easy way out like you

Illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by Adesiji77: 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Interesting smiley
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by AZeD1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my training and education showed me that researchers are light years ahead of industry.
That's the work of researchers. Finding better ways of doing things.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
AZeD1:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my training and education showed me that researchers are light years ahead of industry.
That's the work of researchers. Finding better ways of doing things.
I recognised your right to opinion, but I disagreed with your first input. I don't think there's anything wrong
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by AZeD1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I recognised your right to opinion, but I disagreed with your first input. I don't think there's anything wrong
There's nothing wrong Bros. I just stated what I believe is the work of researchers.
Re: Buhari Sacked Adewole , Ministerial Nominee 30 Years Ago by ibisko04: 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ciscogod:
So u were brought back from the grave?
Yes he came from grave to GRACE.

(1) (Reply)

Is Aisha Buhari, Wale Tinubu "Edible Catering"? / Drink Your Oil, We Would Eat Our Yams, Arewa Chieftain Tells Niger Delta / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.