Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe (1740 Views)

Nairaland Battle Emcee {jreyez} Drops New Tune / Preparing For Mtn Project Fame West Africa 2 From Last Year's Experience / Dez Aka Black Jesus Wins Channel O Emcee Africa 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by ofokasibe: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2009
The first season of Channel O’s Emcee Africa was blazing HOT
But it's nothing compared to what this season promises to be with $10 000 up for grabs. Approximately N1,870,000
has any nigerian here got the gift for the freestyle battle rap job? This one's for you!

Built on its underground credibility, Emcee Africa II is set to head into the mainstream, finding talented peeps who have the freestyle, battling and performing skills to become Africa’s number one emcee. This means anyone who wants to step up to the mic could pocket the $10 000 prize money and land the hottest track of 2009 by collaborating with African Hip-Hop Royalty.,and A world class music video to be played worldwide

Five countries will be taking part in this year's Africa’s rawest hip-hop talent competition:
Botswana (Fashion Lounge in Gabarone on 18 April)
South Africa (Roka Bar in Milpark on 25 April)
Ghana (Tantra in Accra on 7 May)
Nigeria (Insomnia Nightclub (Formerly Reloaded)in Lagos on 10 May) and
Kenya (WAPI, British Council, Upper Hill, in Nairobi on 23 May)

They will all be eyeing the ultimate crown during the 13-episode series.

Performance for starters - the ability to rock the crowd and display enough swagger with prepared lyrics to impress. The skill to freestyle on any topic over a popular banger will also score points. And, finally, whoever comes out tops in one-on-one battling will be en route to the finals.

Country eliminations will produce two finalists each from South Africa, Botswana, Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya and then the judges hand over to the public to choose – through online and SMS voting.

Join our presenter Lee Kasumba and help discover Africa’s illest emcee make it to the top. And as Emcee Africa fans already know, the show is not just about who walks away with the bragging rights to being Africa’s number one emcee: Viewers and hiphop heads will also get a taste of the hip-hop scene in each of the five countries, meeting the hottest hip-hop producers, and the best hip-hop talents on the continent.

More competition details will be revealed in the coming week and potential participants must stay tuned to Channel O or keep visiting www.channelo.co.za for dates and venues for country-specific auditions.

Dont say i didnt inform yall. ONE
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by kaydee(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
ofokasibe:

Country eliminations will produce two finalists each from South Africa, Botswana, Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya and then the judges hand over to the public to choose – through online and SMS voting.

Join our presenter Lee Kasumba and help discover Africa’s illest emcee make it to the top. And as Emcee Africa fans already know, the show is not just about who walks away with the bragging rights to being Africa’s number one emcee: Viewers and hiphop heads will also get a taste of the hip-hop scene in each of the five countries, meeting the hottest hip-hop producers, and the best hip-hop talents on the continent.

More competition details will be revealed in the coming week and potential participants must stay tuned to Channel O or keep visiting www.channelo.co.za for dates and venues for country-specific auditions.

Dont say i didnt inform yall. ONE

That's a big problem because the public know nothing bout Hip-Hop.They will likely crown a Rugged over Mode!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by ofokasibe: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2009
lol kaydee u dey craze. do u have to relate the whole everything to rugged and mode, make una leave 2 of them alone jare. appreciate mode and rugged they are ur brothers from anoda mother, i thot adam was una grandpa . hen kaydee answer me. grin
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dammiecool(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2009
no mind am
Rugged is hip hop
Mode is hip hop
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by tosinaded(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2009
Dem neva sabi freestyle,dem wan battle!
Mode ko rugged ni
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by javalove(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
i tot modenine was once a judge for emcee africa . . . . that says alot about the dude . . .

and pls dont mention rug head name when true hiphop is being discussed . . .

tosinaded@:

Dem neva sabi freestyle,dem wan battle!
Mode ko rugged ni

u joking right . . .? u mean rug head cant freestyle not mode right? i tursut u/,
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by Wordsmith(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2009
Mode freestylin' ?

i know you modo groupies have an extra holes for d**kridin', but you fuckerers need to wipe the c*um off ya faces.

always making errthing a Rugged/Mode competition. . .

pathetic individuals. . .
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by kaydee(m): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ Wordsmith

Who told U Mode doesn't freestyle? U don come again with ur wahala.
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by ofokasibe: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
Wordsmith:

Mode freestylin' ?

pathetic individuals. . .

wordsmith everyone is pathetic to u , can u urself freestyle ??
. i bet my 8yr old sis can freestyle berra than u .
if u doubt give me ur addy in opebi i will bring her to show and proof .no be say one thing one thing
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by ofokasibe: 5:49pm On May 07, 2009
d -day is close by
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by chrisical(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2009
Must everypost be related to ruged and mode?una no serious
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by lalaboi(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2009
ofokasibe:

for those who know dezmond aka ill dez aka new shoes aka blak jesus battle rappin was gon bring street cred someday . A SUDDEN CAREER CHANGE FOR HIM WAS THE EMCEE AFRICA 2 AFTER SERIES OF RAP BATTLES IN VARIOUS HIPHOP EVENTS ACROSS LAGOS AND NIGERIA.
EMcee africa 2 had almost 100 MCS registering for a chance to represent NAija in the finals of the emcee africa 2. battling thru stage performances , topical freestyles , battle rap and the elimination cypha, then it came down to the dopest 10 finalist. I neva knew nigeria had too many sick mcs like this .damn the last ten mcs were overdope !
the last 5MCS Dirty-A , emperor trench, torpedo, jeezy and black jesus ,sergio were among the last 10.
WORTHY OF MENTIONING WAS SERGIO WHO THREW SOME OF THE DOPEST PUNCHLINES THAT LEFT THE CROWD GOING CRAZY.
Torpedo showed the most remarkable improvement has he became more focused and attacked his competitors more directly this time around.he made it to the last 3 tho, TEETO , MAXIMUM, PHEROSHUW, TERRY DA RAPMAN, YQ, JJ THE MACADON ,DJ NEPTUNES ON THE WHEELS OF STEEL , MI , SASHA , MODENINE AND URS TRULY BOLAJIBROKE WAS IN ATTENDANCE , cheesy I EVEN GOT A FREE DJ NEPTUNES MIXTAPE FROM HIM DIRECTLY .LOL.
iN MY OPINION ,the EMPEROR TRENCH VS BLACK JESUS RAP BATTLE WAS THE best ever in nigerian history after the teeto vs maximus battle, cj vs shango-x battles. the last cypha was btw dez AKA BLACK JESUS and DIRTY-A
.AS MODENINE , MI AND SASHA WERE OVER IMPRESSED BY THE PERFORMANCE OF THE LAST 5 MCS, THE CROWD WAS GOING BERSERK. dirty -A whose got a flow like biggie smalls was too lyrically dope to let go, finally the punchline cypha came to an end when dez AKA BLACK JESUS threw a last punch at dirty AFTER ABOUT 2 HRS OF INTENSE CYPHA WHICH ENDED AT 2 AM. ill dez aka black jesus was crowned the best MC in nigeria as he goes to botswana to rep Nigeria in the emcee africa finalS this year TO FACE THE FINEST MCS ACROSS AFRICA. YOU may wanna stay tuned to channel o to catch a glimpse of the most interesting version of emcee africa ever .
THUMBS UP FOR black jesus aka ill dez ! BEST OF LUCK IN THE FINALS COMING UP PRETTY SOON.
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by rapjunkie(m): 11:18am On May 12, 2009
Almost every thread on NL has to end up being Mode vs Rugged.

I'm still waiting to see javalove type a sentence without the word 'mode' in it.
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by lalaboi(m): 11:23am On May 12, 2009
It was a misunderstanding from Kaydee that spread the moderugged virus. . . .i dont think he read the topic wella before posting
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by Bassline: 11:24am On May 12, 2009
chrisical:

Must everypost be related to ruged and mode?una no serious

I must admit, that always seems to be the case.
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by ofokasibe: 1:38pm On May 12, 2009
@kaydee
i wonder why wordsmith is always hatin on modenine, mode dropped one of the dopest freestyles ever in emcee africa 2. he freestyled about almost everything there , even sasha sef is now freestyling like mad. i couldnt believe sasha's freestyle she was mad dope.

@wordsmith
like it or not mode is an icon in africa . so stop hating. he be like say mode don refuse wordsmith collabo . because he doesnt do collab with wack mcs like wordsmith. lmfao. wordsmith ko, alagbede ni.
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dammiecool(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2009
collabo with mode n die underground tongue tongue tongue
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by ofokasibe: 4:26pm On May 12, 2009
dammiecool is another certified hater with nafdac hating number
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dammiecool(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dammiecool(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2009
. ;d
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by javalove(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2009
rapjunkie:

Almost every thread on NL has to end up being Mode vs Rugged.

I'm still waiting to see javalove type a sentence without the word 'mode' in it.

Well, the mode i am in now isnt a friendly one. when i switch to my 9th mode, i wud be able to post without the word "mode" grin grin
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dejiariyo: 2:21pm On May 13, 2009
i like all the judges they used, cos they are the true mcees we have in nigeria and its shows they are well recognised in africa, i think this is modenine second time as a judge on a program organised by channel o,

now i wish they can add more rappers like ruggedman and sauce kid, they are true hiphop and they are well popular all over the world, so next time if channel o dont pick ruggedman and saucekid, its will be fire from we ogba boys, peace undecided
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by javalove(m): 3:40pm On May 13, 2009
dejiariyo:

i like all the judges they used, cos they are the true mcees we have in nigeria and its shows they are well recognised in africa, i think this is modenine second time as a judge on a program organised by channel o,

now i wish they can add more rappers like [b]ruggedman and sauce kid, they are true hiphop and they are well popular all over the world, so next time if channel o dont pick ruggedman and saucekid, its will be fire from we ogba boys, peace undecided[/b]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea right . . . dey must piack rug head man next time ooooo if they are foolish

Rug head man was made star quest presenter, we no hear word for nairaland!!!!!

Now modenine is made something more worthwhile, something of more substance than a mere presenter, we no too shout oooo cos we no fit shout.
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by khanye(m): 4:11pm On May 13, 2009
emcee africa 2 judges

Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by javalove(m): 6:52pm On May 13, 2009
tnx khanye for dat pic . . . its modenine all the eay . .

not like some rug headed humans wey no get anything but drug and yahoo yahoo money
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 13, 2009
You know what, I'm actually really starting to like this mode of a guy smiley
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by khanye(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2009
javalove:

tnx khanye for dat pic . . . its modenine all the eay . .

not like some rug headed humans wey no get anything but drug and yahoo yahoo money

Free the guy abeg! wink

ibkaye:

You know what, I'm actually really starting to like this mode of a guy smiley

Oh. . . . Really
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 13, 2009
khanye:

Oh. . . . Really
Lol, nah
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by khanye(m): 7:39pm On May 13, 2009
ibkaye:

Lol, nah

hmmmm. . . . . wink
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dammiecool(m): 8:43am On May 15, 2009
Rugged na d bomb
Rugged remains d change u haters cant stop
cool cool cool
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by lalaboi(m): 9:34am On May 15, 2009
dammiecool:

Rugged na d bomb
Rugged remains d change u haters cant stop
cool cool cool

what has this got to do with the topic. . . . . .?
Dammiecool. . . . .You need to sort yourself out. . . .post ON-topic biko! angry
Re: Emcee Africa 2 Is Here - UPDATE by Ofokasibe by dammiecool(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2009
@lalaboi
when den dey take shot @ rugged u no talk
guy u dey take side
cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Music: Davido – Dami Duro / Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies / NWABUDE – Pericoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.