Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? (3364 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2005
I have over the years watched the Church being mocked at, its ministers being slandered by the media, non-christains and christains alike and i have wondered if there are still those who can see the hand of God in and among His people doing His work of Building His Church and preparing her as a bride without spot or wrinkle for the  return of the master and groom, Jesus Christ.

I have however, come to the conclusion that whatever the case may be, if no one will praise the Lord for His wonderous works, and if all that men can see are the evil manipulations of the wicked, i will still voice His praise and declare His wondrous works. Rather than announce and magnify the works of the devil, i will sing of His goodness in the land of the living!

Psalms 96:3 - Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!   

I have seen that though they say Christians are divided, we are one afterall; washed in the same blood, born of one Spirit and with one baptism.

The differences in beliefs as well as interpretation of scripture are beginning to fade away as revelation and understanding of the message increases even as the Spirit of God breathes upon the hearts of men, giving them understanding.

There is now little or no difference between the Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, Penticostals, Charismatics, Evangelicals etc. The Holy Spirit is falling upon each and every one of these groups in a new and Special way imparting spiritual gifts to many and causing the miraculous to abound even as there is greater recognition of the authority of the Word as contained in the Bible.

I read in the papers recently where an Anglican minister was interviewed after a recent convention of the Church. He described with amazement how many recieved the Holy Spirit and spoke with other tongues. In his own words,"I thought this was only for the penticostals." There were also testimonies of salvation and healings and miracles.

I also watched some time ago during a crusade with Dr. Benny Hinn in the United States, as hundreds of catholic revernd sisters and reverend fathers attended, lifting up Holy hands in worship as they recieved of the precious annointing of the blessed Holy Spirit of God.

This is in fulfilment of the Prophecy of Joel:

Joel 2:28 - "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions "

The Lord is doing a quick work in our day and think this is worthy of praise!!

1 Like

Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by layi(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2005
Definitely an object of praise but the criticisms and slandering comes only from those who have not tasted from heaven.

Scripture says;
2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:   

In as much as i appreciate your write up Donnie..u hav to be aware that the world isnt christian. Of course some will believe and some wont. I don't expect to talk about Jesus and evryone hail him. Its supposed to be the ideal but not practical. While he was on earth he was beefed. How much more we his representatives- the church.
But what i know is that God has a way of turning evil darts aimed at the church into stepping stones for her. As they keep talking against the church, she keeps growing because its fame and some people wit inquisitive minds would delve in to know whatz up.
My prayer is that people would not depend too much on self-salvation. Man does not know his beginnin and thus man is fallible. We need the supernatural in our lives. Some1 created us and we can't Really live outside HIM.

The world is searchin for the word (answers to life's problem). May they find it speedily. AMEN
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2005
You spoke well.

I am aware of that fact Layi. You know an outsider cannot trouble the church. It takes an insider to do so. That is why anyone who wants to cause trouble will have to pretend to be Christain and to know God. These are more dangerous than those who are frankly non-christain. But i have actually calmed down you know.

I also say 'AMEN' to your prayer.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by fabian(f): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2005
AMEN!
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by Jackie(f): 5:55am On Nov 02, 2005
It is also very important to know that we are at the last days like it or not. and the Bible says all sorts os things will be happening, false prophets, people standing against the church, but most important is to fight for self salvation as Layi rightly puts it. The Bible says (Ten thousand will fall to your right and another ten thousand on your left and you shall stand still):- just a paraphrase.
You all be blessed
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by effects8000(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2005
Layi you don come again oooooo grin anyways anem to that.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by joshjosh(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2005
we pray for the church to move on knowing the gates of hell cannot prevail against her. church history shows that the church do better under persecution.

having said that though we have to know that most unbelievers are not necesarily criticising Christ but the failing of men/women folowing.

let's go out there and let our light shine for that is the only way we going to win this world to Him who love us so much.

the world is waiting for our manifestation.

Jesus is Lord
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by Ajisafe: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2005
let's go out there and let our light shine for that is the only way we going to win this world to Him who love us so much.

If Jesus owns the world as you have severally claimed, why do you need to claim it for him, again? No argument, please, just explain yourself.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2005
"...The kingdom of God suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force"

"Go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations..."

...that is what it means to claim or take the world for Jesus. Preach the Word, Demonstrate His power, show forth His glory and win the world.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by Ajisafe: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2005
"...The kingdom of God suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force"

How could that happen after you and others claimed that he came and died for the world's sins and inequities? I thought you said he (Jesus) was "god"? Why would he (Jesus) need you mere mortals to salvage his kingdom for him?

The Muslims have been promised in the Qur'an that God will make Islam overcome all other religions. That's why you don't see them running around like the Jehovah's Witnesses who go from one house to another, and some "born again" preachers who scream inside buses or "molue" disturbing other people's peace and quiet. And this is because God is the Lord and the Omnipotent over all things.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2005
He has given to those that believe Eternal life here on earth and after we leave this world. Those who believe recieve that life. We are not mere mortals.

And by the way...i do not have time to spend arguing with those who are hell bent on rejecting the salvation of God and causing others to do the same thereby leaving themselves and their hearers under the condemnation of sin.

Thank you.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by Ajisafe: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2005
Yeah, I've heard that before. The truth is always bitter!
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2005
The truth my friend is not always bitter, it makes men free and causes the heart to rejoice. The truth is the gospel of Christ!
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by Ajisafe: 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2005
What about in Paul? Wasn't Saul/Paul the originator of Christianity? Tell us what we don't know.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by layi(m): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2005
Is it called Paultianity or Christianity. Mr brother your research isnt complete. Go back and study more.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by Ajisafe: 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2005
Layi, I don't need to study more; I possess the knowledge already. I shall impart the knowledge to you very soon.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2005
The Holy spirit and not Paul was the originator of christianity. Christianity actually began on the day of pentecost. You cannot posses knowledge of truth without the Holy Spirit of truth.

John 16:13 
"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

So you have nothing of spriritual  significance to impart without the Holy Spirit in your life as your teacher.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by RhodaRose(f): 12:28am On Nov 24, 2005
Read through and picked out here and there from all posts:

The Church of Jesus Christ -An Object of Mockery or An Object of Praise?
The Church of Jesus Christ is an object of Praise, for sure.  Many are called but few are chosen and most don't know where to look for His Church.

Mt 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it

Mr 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle (this is a gate), than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Camel's store many, many gallons of "water" from the "world" and being full of the "world's water" they are to "full" to get through this narrow gate.  Same as a rich man storing the "riches of the world" (what he knows and professes from what he has heard from men) and if he does not lay this down and become as a babe, empty, hungry and Teachable, he will not be able to enter the gate that leads to the Kingdom.

Ge 3:22-24
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

i have wondered if there are still those who can see the hand of God in and among His people doing His work of Building His Church and preparing her as a bride without spot or wrinkle for the return of the master and groom, Jesus Christ.

Yes, I am sure there are many that are "turned" in the right direction to "see" this

Isa 30:20-21
And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers
And thine ears shall hear a word BEHIND thee, saying, THIS is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left

The differences in beliefs as well as interpretation of scripture are beginning to fade away as revelation and understanding of the message increases even as the Spirit of God breathes upon the hearts of men, giving them understanding.

There is now little or no difference between the Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, Penticostals, Charismatics, Evangelicals etc. The Holy Spirit is falling upon each and every one of these groups in a new and Special way imparting spiritual gifts to many and causing the miraculous to abound even as there is greater recognition of the authority of the Word as contained in the Bible.

"as revelation and understanding of the message increases even as the Spirit of God breathes upon the hearts of men, giving them understanding"
"The Holy Spirit is falling upon each and every one of these groups in a new and Special way imparting spiritual gifts to many and causing the miraculous to abound even as there is greater recognition of the authority of the Word as contained in the Bible"

as revelation and understanding of the message increases ... causing the miraculous to abound even as there is greater recognition of the authority of the Word as contained in the Bible...

saying:

Come out of her my people.......

The Lord is doing a quick work in our day and think this is worthy of praise!!

HalleluYAH and all Glory and Honor to the Father , God and Creator of All

Definitely an object of praise but the criticisms and slandering comes only from those who have not tasted from heaven.

Scripture says;
2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost

How in the world are you reading that?  I guess I just answered my own question "in the world" and not in the Spirit.

Paul says that[b] his gospel [/b] is hidden to those who[b] are [/b] lost .... those who are not "lost" can see through him because of the Holy Spirit's Teaching of Truth

De 13:1-5
If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

...most unbelievers are not necesarily criticising Christ but the failing of men/women folowing.

the world is waiting for our manifestation.
You have those words down right and in a row...  what a Teacher we have !!

He has given to those that believe Eternal life here on earth and after we leave this world. Those who believe recieve that life. We are not mere mortals.
Well spoken   AMEN

And by the way...i do not have time to spend arguing with those who are hell bent on rejecting the salvation of God and causing others to do the same thereby leaving themselves and their hearers under the condemnation of sin.
Also, well spoken  Glory to God, the Father and Creator of all

The truth my friend is not always bitter, it makes men free and causes the heart to rejoice. The truth is the gospel of Christ!
WOW!  three "well spoken" in a row  Praise our Father and our Savior and King Jesus

What about in Paul? Wasn't Saul/Paul the originator of Christianity? Tell us what we don't know
Yes, Paul's gospel did produce those who were called  "christians"
but now for the rest of the story...

Is it called Paultianity or Christianity
Yes, it was and is.  But the followers of Jesus don't follow Saul/Paul because:

Ac 4:16-20
Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.
But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

and

Ac 15:7-9
And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us;
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

The Holy spirit and not Paul was the originator of christianity. Christianity actually began on the day of pentecost
John 16:13
"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." ]
Where in this verse does it say Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, named His Church christian or even was the "originator" of christainity?

My Bible says:

Ac 11:25-28
Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul
And when he had found him, he brought[b] him [/b] unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch  (Paul's gospel and Paul's church)
And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.
And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.

Dearth
a scarcity of provisions (1Ki 17:1-24). There were frequent dearths in Palestine. In the days of Abram there was a "famine in the land" (Ge 12:10), so also in the days of Jacob (Ge 47:4,13). We read also of dearths in the time of the judges (Ru 1:1), and of the kings (2Sa 21:1; 1Ki 18:2; 2Ki 4:38; 8:1). 

(OT shadows/examples of flesh to Spiritual meanings to come in the NT)

In New Testament times there was an extensive ( Spiritual) famine (dearth)in Palestine (Ac 11:28) in the fourth year of the reign of the emperor Claudius (A.D. 44 and 45).

Am 8:10-13
And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.
Behold, the days come
, saith the Lord GOD, that[b] I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:[/b]
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
("to and fro"...?  Da 12:4  [color=#770077]But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased
....  Huh?  WOW!!!)
In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.[/color]

Joh 4:13-15
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

Joh 6:33-35
For the[b] bread of God [/b] is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst

Mt 6:33
...seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you[color=#990000][/color].

Amen and God Bless,
RhodaRose
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2005
That was a long one o! smiley
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2005
Rhoda,
You asked: "Where in this verse does it say Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, named His Church christian or even was the originator of christainity?"

It is true that Jesus never called His disciples Christains. They were first called that name in Antioch by unbelievers who observed thet they were just like their master.

When Jesus was alive he operated under the old covenant. And most of what He taught, he taught to people who were under the old covenant. And whenever He spoke to them concerning the new testament, the kingdom of God, they did not understand Him.

JOHN 16:12-13
12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Until the Holy Spirit came, it was impossible to be born again. There could be no new creation before the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. He is the one that baptises a person into the body of christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13 (Whole Chapter)
"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. "

That is why Jesus said:

Acts 1:5 (Whole Chapter)
"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. "

This is the new birth...this is the Born-again experience. This is only by the Holy spirit. So before penticost, before the Holy Ghost was sent, there was no christianity. So the Holy Spirit may not have coined the name 'Christian', but He sure is the origin of the Phenomenon called 'Christianiaty'.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by RhodaRose(f): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2005
Hi Donnie,

You said a mouth full here:
...by unbelievers who observed thet they were just like their master
....but "who" is their "master" ?
Lets hope it is also an ear full...

Mt 23:8
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

When Jesus was alive he operated under the old covenant. And most of what He taught, he taught to people who were under the old covenant. And whenever He spoke to them concerning the new testament, the kingdom of God, they did not understand Him.

So true.  He was showing the old covenant people it could be done, the qualifing and how to move on to the new covenant...the Kingdom of God...and they did not understand and most in the new covenant times do not understand.

Until the Holy Spirit came, it was impossible to be born again.
Same now, the Holy Spirit must enter and reside within you

This is the new birth...this is the Born-again experience. This is only by the Holy spirit.
Yes, Yes, Yes

So before penticost, before the Holy Ghost was sent, there was no christianity. So the Holy Spirit may not have coined the name 'Christian', but He sure is the origin of the Phenomenon called 'Christianiaty'.
No, No, No   ... this was from Paul's teachings that christianity was named.
Jesus only said:

Joh 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Joh 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Joh 15:14-15
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Please quit calling His'  "names" that Jesus did not mention. 

Followers of Jesus are either

disciples (learners) 

friends (knowing all) 

and if they use what they know 
                                  Sons of God (trusted of God)

...or would you rather be Paul's christian and never enter His Kingdom ?

Truth in Red
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2005
Even if you are looking for faults in the church, please dont start from the name 'christian' because that carries little or no weight at all.

By the way, i did not say the Holy Spirit is the origin of the name ....i said He is the origin of the phenomenon. Please read my fromer posting carefully. Besides, i do not think that is a bad name afterall. Since it only tells of our similarity and union with the master -Jesus
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by RhodaRose(f): 1:07am On Nov 30, 2005
Donnie,

If you have read any of my posted in other threads you know why I do not call myself a christian

Since it only tells of our similarity and union with the master -Jesus

Does it?

Our similarity and union with Jesus in God's eyes is to be Sons as Jesus is.

We are friends and brothers of Jesus

Joh 15:14
Joh 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you[b] friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.[/b]

Pr 18:24
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:
and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

RhodaRose
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by prettyH(f): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2005
I tend to agree that these are the last days. Criticisms from outsiders are not what we should fear but those who say they know Jesus but do not understand mere simple facts. How can a believer of Jesus not believe in the second coming or even in been called a christian? It really is sad. I've read alot of postings that cause heartache becos i tell u its is sad when pple actually are bold enough to challenge God. I tell u , it is total ignorance. No wonder God said "my pple perish for lack of knowledge"

I've come to realise that u may know the bible or been able to interprete, but that still does not make u a christian. Anyways its good when i see christians stand up for Jesus despite all the insults. But i pray that one day those that are foes will also come to share our views. Amen

Take kare y'all
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by layi(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2005
Well said. No better time for Soldiers of the CROSS to Stand Up!!!
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2005
You call yourself Rhoda Rose. Did God give you that  name? Do you know the meaning of 'Rhoda' or 'Rose'... or you do not know that the name you bear affect you a great deal?  God  made you in his own image and you choose to name yourself after a flower? I'll  rather be called 'christian'(christ-like) than be called a flower which the scripures say, withers away. grin
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by RhodaRose(f): 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2005
prettyH,

I've read alot of postings that cause heartache because i tell u its is sad when people actually are bold enough to challenge God. I tell u , it is total ignorance. No wonder God said "my people perish for lack of knowledge"

"i tell u", "I tell u ", Yes, "you" are "telling" but what does the Bible say? the very Word of God say?

But i pray that one day those that are foes will also come to share our view

I Believe this pray of yours will be answered "no".

Donnie.

You call yourself Rhoda Rose. Did God give you that  name?

He directed me to it...

Do you know the meaning of 'Rhoda' or 'Rose'... or you do not know that the name you bear affect you a great deal? 

Yes, I know the meaning and it has "affected" me in a very positive Way....

God made you in his own image and you choose to name yourself after a flower?

Yes, in His image, I am and I did not "chose" to name myself after a "flower", He did.

I'll rather be called 'christian'(christ-like) than be called a flower which the Scriptures say, withers away

Yes, you would rather be called "christ-like" than to actually be Christ, the Anointed.

and if God, the Father, chooses to "name" me after a "flower" that fades away I am more than pleased.  What work He has me to do, if I do it well, will "fade me away" because I have done a good job and accomplished what He has sent me to do   HalleluYAH !!!

You must remember that when the "rose' fades her thorns are still actively alive and able to prick the "flesh"

That should give you some "meat" to chew on.... Enjoy  cool

Blessings,
RhodaRose
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2005
RhodaRose:

Our similarity and union with Jesus in God's eyes is to be Sons as Jesus is.

We are friends and brothers of Jesus

Joh 15:14
Joh 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you[b] friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.[/b]

I do not totally agree...

The disciples graduated from servants to friends before His death and resurrection. But after his resurrection, we were called brothers because we recieved of His very life. Eternal life(ZOE). This is the God-Life. The life that is in the father.

Passage 1 John 4:17:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."

It may not yet look on the outside that we are like him but when He shall appear we shall be like Him for we shall see him as He is!

We are God's offspring. Even though many of us are still maturing into sonship.
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by RhodaRose(f): 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2005
Donnie,

You are right about being Brothers after Jesus' resurrection but it is hard enough to get others to believe we are "Friends" let alone Brothers grin and that God is our Father through re-birth into the Spirit.

We are God's offspring. Even though many of us are still maturing into sonship.

Yes, some babes, some young men and some men...but always Sons!!....always growing into all that we can be in the Father. Weaned off "milk' we "eat Bread", which is the Word and then on to the "meat"of the Word.

Bless You,
RhodaRose
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by goodguy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2005
cool
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by joshjosh(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2005
about paul the bible said he is defending the faith he once persecuted and that is my prayer for us all. may God bless you all and make His light to flood our mind and understanding that we may see the glory of the life that is only available in Christ.

Jesus is always Lord and lover of all man kind
Re: The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? by donnie(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2005
Amen!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) / Does God Exist? A Debate / Is God Male, Female, Or Both?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.