Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ (34563 Views)

Why Mikel Rejected Small Aircraft For Nigeria U23 / Mikel Rejected Captain Armband From Musa (weyab.com) / Why Mikel Rejected Captain Armband From Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Davidovinci(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
menix:

Baba, some might hate him because hez a chelsea player but can u truly answer this question without being bias.

If Mikel was not playing in Premiership nd plays this his backward football he plays in chelsea in some other club, would u advice we invite him

Mikel is relevant today because he plays in Chelsea.
Is Mikel better than Osaze, Ikechukwu U, martins etc buh all this players people don't give a shyte cous they re not in Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal...

The last part of your comment is "contradicting" tho. By January or next summer he'd have gone to turkey..by then we'd prolly know if he was bn called to the national team cos of chelseafc/talent he has. Just to add even if he was still playing for lyn Oslo he'd still have been called. Form is temporal, Class is permanent.

1 Like

Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Marcelinho(m): 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS REPONSE
NiRfreak:
People like you should be banned from watching football..You reason and analyse football with prejudice.....if Mikel was not talented he would have been offloaded long time ago from Chelsea ,at least by one of the countless coaches who have managed chelsea over the years... And if you dont know....no reasonable coach ,even if you prefer to wallow in your ignorance of his talent, will handle super eagles without recognising and needing the skill,talent,experience and maturity of Mikel as far as Nigerian football is concerned. Take it or leave super eagles does not have a better player in composure, talent and experience in the holding midfield role than Mikel. not even Onazi cos they are in different class.pls learn to be objective in your reasoning .thank u.

1 Like

Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by menix(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
NiRfreak:
People like you should be banned from watching football..You reason and analyse football with prejudice.....if Mikel was not talented he would have been offloaded long time ago from Chelsea ,at least by one of the countless coaches who have managed chelsea over the years... And if you dont know....no reasonable coach ,even if you prefer to wallow in your ignorance of his talent, will handle super eagles without recognising and needing the skill,talent,experience and maturity of Mikel as far as Nigerian football is concerned. Take it or leave super eagles does not have a better player in composure, talent and experience in the holding midfield role than Mikel. not even Onazi cos they are in different class.pls learn to be objective in your reasoning .thank u.

Definitely u should be banned from P0rn..

No doubt mikel is talented, but talented to be a 1st class benchsman...

Mikel's age is what have kept him in Chelsea..

Yes mikel tends to be the better middle field player we have now because in the land of the blind, a one eye man becomes the king..

Really, u baffle me cous everything argued here is why Musa was made a captain over Mikel, nd all I did was to state Mikel's indiscipline to be the cause.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by koma1(m): 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Its only in Nigeria you'll see people agitating for a bench warmer like mikel as captain. Mikel should even be grateful that he still plays for the super eagles. Been the oldest player is not a criteria for captaincy.the coach of a team has every right to select whom ever he wishes as captain. After all mikels attitude of turning down national call up does not depicts that of a leader and he's going to be a bad influence on the team.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Uwaomapaul(m): 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
davido101:
Mikel is fool

Is not a cause but your entire general can never attend his level in life,. Mumu
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by djembadjemba: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
My take: I don't think Musa has the leadership skills to captain the Super Eagles...

The last time he tried to inspire the team we lost woefully to Argentina.
Wait, you expected your lackluster team to beat the world-class Argentines led by D10S Messi? Musa led that team well in that match. And we didn't lose woefully as you put it.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by NiRfreak(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
menix:

Definitely u should be banned from P0rn..

No doubt mikel is talented, but talented to be a 1st class benchsman...

Mikel's age is what have kept him in Chelsea..

Yes mikel tends to be the better middle field player we have now because in the land of the blind, a one eye man becomes the king..

Really, u baffle me cous everything argued here is why Musa was made a captain over Mikel, nd all I did was to state Mikel's indiscipline to be the cause.
Being benched does not always mean you are not good or better than your peers. Being benched can be a pointer to your current form or the sentiment a coach hold about a player and of which players have no objection against. The only problem he has is not leaving chelsea for more playing time and not meeting a coach who is interested in his development and self expression right from his early days....My argument is clearly against your view that: 'he is only playing in super eagles cos he plays in chelsea' hes playing cos he has a quality to add to the team which others cant give, irrespective of his predicament in chelsea.

1 Like

Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by melzabull(f): 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
oliseh is a big foool

useless bastad angry
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by femi4: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
Flashh:

This is national team not club team.

Oliseh has something in mind against Mikel for not making him the captain. Let's face reality!
Mikel can't be Captain of Nigeria team.
He is not committed to the National team.

Whether club or National team, its not mandatory that the most senior player must be the captain of the team.

E.g Keshi was chosen ahead of Muda Lawal
Oliseh was chosen ahead of Finidi
Okocha was chosen ahead of Mutiu

How can Mikel captain a team and will not make himself availabile for matches.

Leadership off the pitch is as important as leadership on the pitch
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by menix(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
NiRfreak:
Being benched does not always mean you are not good or better than your peers. Being benched can be a pointer to your current form or the sentiment a coach hold about a player and of which players have no objection against. The only problem he has is not leaving chelsea for more playing time and not meeting a coach who is interested in his development and self expression right from his early days....My argument is clearly against your view that: 'he is only playing in super.eagles cos he plays in chelsea' hes playing cos he has what to add to the team irrespective of his predicament in chelsea.

Mikel is benched cous he ain't playing real football. Sure he has got talent buh can't transform those talent into being a world class player..

Can u remember mikel was second to Messi, can u in any way compare those two.

Yes, Mikel has that class he enjoys today because he plays for Chelsea thus, most Nigerians would want to see him on the pitch..

Same applied to Martins when he was an Inter Milan player but today who hears about him but this dude is doing great in USA even the highest earned African player in USA above almighty Drogba, ETo nd co..
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by bummyla(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Since he will still be playing for Nigeria, no problem at all! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by davido101(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
sagewonders:

even u
You are a bigger fool
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Eluwilussit(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
yhemsy62:

http://thenationonlineng.net/photo-list-of-ministerial-nominees/

Oliseh is raving mad. Would he accept a vice captain position if he were Mikel? He should just drop mikel and all the other senior players and go with the young stars, instead of insulting them.

This Oliseh is even more arrogant than I had thought. Nonsense man. Has no respect for others. Mtchhhhh! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by ajbabs(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
k1centy:
Kindly connect Ur hand 2 Ur brain before typing.
Are that Mikel?Was I talking to you?
Why do you want to commit suicide on matter that is not relating to you?
Sorry, you are Chelsea fan. Oh my bad.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by davido101(m): 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
Uwaomapaul:

Is not a cause but your entire general can never attend his level in life,. Mumu
if you no my level you won't open Dat waste bin call a mouth and talk
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by omotoyossi(m): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bonapart:
Oliseh is just a dumb ass coach. He won't last there more than 9 months

Who need a soothsayer to know that Mikel should be the next captain of eagles

I see no reason why he should dethrone Enyeama in the first place
so u want an uncommitted player 2 b named captain??it seems u dnt knw dat d last time oliseh went 2 london 2 seek d attention of moses n mikel..mikel snubbed im,didnt pick ez calls..dyu no dat its more dan 3tyms mikel has refused 2 accept a call up?u want sum1 we beg 2 represent ez country 2 b captain..right
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by vislabraye(m): 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Flashh:
This Oliseh no well at all. Na Musa wey just enter national team go be first captain.

How did he want the senior players to feel?

Btw... Someone should tell this poster below me to shut-up!

Oliseh didn't handle the fracas between him and Enyeama. I can understand Mikels reason for not accepting.
Firstly, Mikel did not like the way Enyeama was treated. He does not like Olisehs style of leadership and therefore wants to prevent any future conflict.
Secondly, Mikel doesn't want to take responsibility. He's a bit laid back.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by sunsewa: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
during oliseh playing time in se,assuming they gave captainship to KANU nwankwo and want him to deputise for KANU that is well known internationally by then,compare to musa now, will oliseh be happy,he is just breeding discord and trouble that will consume him soon.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by NiRfreak(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
menix:

Mikel is benched cous he ain't playing real football. Sure he has got talent buh can't transform those talent into being a world class player..

Can u remember mikel was second to Messi, can u in any way compare those two.

Yes, Mikel has that class he enjoys today because he plays for Chelsea thus, most Nigerians would want to see him on the pitch..

Same applied to Martins when he was an Inter Milan player but today who hears about him but this dude is doing great in USA even the highest earned African player in USA above almighty Drogba, ETo nd co..
The class we are talking about here is not conferred by virtue of club. it is inherent , it is a unique style of play and talent not club-wise.......About messi: Messi and mikel never played under the same management and circumstances. though they were compared side to side in their early days. You can never compare the philosophy of barcelona to that of chelsea. Barcelona see a raw talent in a kid and norture it with patience, diligence and belief in a player to get the very best out of him....the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquet were nortured to world class stars When Busquest started out young as a player , he wasnt a better gifted player compared to the early days of mikel but now their philosophy and belief in investing in the potential of a talent has paid off in Busquet. In mikel, this is a player who came to lime-light by reason of his talent and self expression on the ball.Joining chelsea, this self expression and development was hampered by their selfish philosophy. Mikel lost his flair of adventure on the ball as he was even restricted in his style of play to a conservative style. In messi , the opposite was the case .The team was built on him, his confidence was supported, self expression was a mandate given to him anywher on the pitch and the result is a world class star today. Mention any world class player today, this space of self expression and belief in their talent was given to them by their coaches....eg.Fabregas in arsenal, CR7 in man u and madrid , xavi, Pirlo, Rooney, Yaya toure in mancity, Ozil in madrid ,.......the listis endless.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by bibelo: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
Based on commitment to the team, Ahmed Musa merits the captainship ahead of Mikel. Please check your records and see how many times Mikel has turned down invitation to appear in games as well as times where he refused to pick call and messages from the super eagles coaches and how many times he chose matches he would play. Ahmed Musa has never turned down any super eagles invitation, he plays more regularly than mikel and to cap it up he's more active in games than mikel who is usually laid back.

1 Like

Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by unclekev(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Go to facebook and like this page for huge free betting odd tonight for the first 20 persons only...https://www.facebook.com/Bill-Anderson-FIXED-1­
567725313440628/?ref=hl
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by NiRfreak(m): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
I don't have any problem on whom the captainship falls. It is the duty of the coach to know who best deserves it to the progress of the team. If a captain is wrongly picked, its aftermath effect on the team would still be blamed on the coach. The reason for picking Musa is a total judgment reserve for the coach, being the boss of the team. Besides, i think he understands every player and knows what he seeks for in a captain and he probably gets it in Musa. So to him, Musa is the captain that will motivate and bring out the best in the team, that would serve as an exemplary model in terms of discipline,that would gel with and consolidate his authority as the coach, that would listen to him without rebellion and possibly convey is instruction better to every member of the team . What else does a coach want?
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Temysteve(m): 6:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
ITSaWRAPPP:
Imagine, sombori (somebody) that we are even managing trying to form Boss.

Efe Ambrose or Onazi would appreciate it, honour them with the Vice @Coach Oliseh

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
i dnt think he need the vice captain band 4 any reason, assuming enyeama is still the captain of the team, he can still consider to be his vice. But mikel can't stoop so low for MUSA to be controling him on pitch ''IMPOSSIBLE'' nd sorry to say, oliseh is so gulible for offering him dat, what for? Their ar young players in the team whom he can give the captain nd not mikel. Oliseh hahs made his 1st silly mistake by withdraw d captain band from Enyeama
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bonapart:

Y u dey vex like dis? Oliseh take ur girl friend abi him chop ur yam before As long as oliseh continue to win games, he is going no where. Look for something or someone else to vent ur frustration on.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by JaaizTech: 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bonapart:

I have always argued that Nigerians are not half as intelligent as they pride themselves. I am more than convinced Oleiseh is towing the right path, and would be back to say i told u all so. Mikel is the player that has shown the least commitment to SE amongst our big players, He has missed matches for the most flimsy reasons. Mikel has shown up in SE only when He wanted to, and u want him to be made captain What examples will He set
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by prettyblack: 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Clueless and confused silly coach
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
Oliseh made a great mistake that may eventually affect the motivation of the team. Enyeama and Mikel are senior professionals, and there is pride in every professionalism. They have every right to protest against subjecting them to the authority of not only a junior, but a non-contemporary.

The purpose of captaincy is for the team's motivation. And a junior player with almost no profile to brag about can't bring such motivation. Imagine a Musa wanting to encourage Emenike or Ideye. It's just realistically impossible.
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by omolami: 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Oliseh is a dull coach. He could have allowed the team to chose its Captain within itself. instead of him imposing Musa on the team Oliseh lacks leadership qualities
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by greatehis: 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
yhemsy62:

http://thenationonlineng.net/photo-list-of-ministerial-nominees/

Sunday is trying to please PMB. SO DISAPPOINTING
Re: ‘Mikel Rejected Eagles Vice Captainship’ by Bonapart(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
JaaizTech:

I have always argued that Nigerians are not half as intelligent as they pride themselves. I am more than convinced Oleiseh is towing the right path, and would be back to say i told u all so. Mikel is the player that has shown the least commitment to SE amongst our big players, He has missed matches for the most flimsy reasons. Mikel has shown up in SE only when He wanted to, and u want him to be made captain What examples will He set
Mikel will be more commanding and the players will respect him more.... besides he's due for it

To show how dull the coach is, why is he now trying to make him vice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Undergoes Successful Surgery, Rehab Next (Photo) / Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe / Gate Collapses On Female Athlete At Opening Of 7th Nigerian Youth Games In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.