Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,734 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (62685 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Karonmagaji Village School In Abuja On Her Birthday / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Shymm3x: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
cap28:

Thank you bruh.

The guy is mediocre to the core and had his surname not been Iweala - all these dumb sycophants who are kissing his arse wouldn't have given him 2 seconds of their time. Nigerians do not value actual creativity or intelligence only money, irrespective of where it comes from.

Hollywood will always pay attention to stories that focus on negativity in Africa but isn't it interesting that Danny Glover an African American cant get funding from Hollywood for his film about the Haitian revolution?

Honestly, when I first saw the trailer of the movie on worldstarhiphop a few weeks ago - I just checked it out cos I saw Idris Elba and the title "Beast of no nation" ( as you know I'm a big fan of Fela's music). I initially thought the whole thing was a black diaspora thing, using Fela's phrase, to tell a story of Sierra Leone - with Idris Elba playing his roots. I checked it out and Idris Elba killed the Krio accent and it was basically the same Sierra Leonean child soldiers story.

Then a few days later I saw the same thing on NL - and boom, it was an Iweala family thing. I just posted a comment about Idris Elba and how he killed the Krio accent, and left the thread. I didn't really want to get into the whole Iweala family's madness, before these simple-minded useful idiots start accusing me of jealousy and bigotry. I honestly don't know what's special about writing a stale story about child soldiers, to be honest.

You need to understand that a lot of these folks are functional illiterates. That's the same way they have been hyping Fashola all over this forum and the web today for mediocrity. Their standard is just troubling, especially for loudmouthed folks who think they're the brain-box of the black-world (hysterical lol). Who celebrates utterly corrupt non-achievers? I guess that's why when you start listing the greatest and most influential Africans/black people ever - you'll never see a Nigerian in the top-20, apart from maybe Fela Kuti.

Anyway, I think Danny Glover needs to go the Spike Lee route and open a paypal donour thing and I'm sure a lot black folks will donate to the project.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Armstrong1975: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
NOI is a great and marvelous woman, a woman of substance, hater take it or leave it,this woman and her family represent one of best in our country. We that desire a good product like this wish her all the best.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
EgusiSoup:
FIRST TO COMMENT

.is this the CHANGE we vote for? How does we knows that APC lead by dullards have good plan for us with all this picture everywhere? sad

Oh GEJ WE MISSING YOU!
U re losing it man. U better register @ Aro & yabaleft asap. Egusi has flooded ur up north walahi.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Pls be informed that there will be an owambe party on saturday 17/10/2015 to celebrate the success of our shedrens Babatunde Raji Fashola,Kemi Adeosun,Kayode Fayemi and Lai Mohammed at the screening of ministerial nominees at the senate. All are cordially invited except freeglobe,TonyeBarcanista, Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors,rokiatu, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli,vickyrotex, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria,chukwudi44 and all other wailers. Time is 12pm till dawn. Venue: National stadium iganmu Lagos. Aso ebi{uniforms}will be available from tomorrow pls collect yours from clothes dealers in your area.

Just when I thought you were getting better.

Why did you escape from Yaba Left? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by oluwaahmed: 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
cap28:

Thank you bruh.

The guy is mediocre to the core and had his surname not been Iweala - all these dumb sycophants who are kissing his arse wouldn't have given him 2 seconds of their time. Nigerians do not value actual creativity or intelligence only money, irrespective of where it comes from.

Hollywood will always pay attention to stories that focus on negativity in Africa but isn't it interesting that Danny Glover an African American cant get funding from Hollywood for his film about the Haitian revolution?

Bruh. U makin a point but ur hatin is also too much. Giv d woman & her son a break. No matter how u luk @ it d boy is now more popular dan u wld ever be. Dnt ask if I knw u, cos nobody knows u actually. How many times av u watched a movies dt passes d same message or was acted smetym in d sixties & reacted again now? I mean d dude wrote a book, dat has bn used as a Hollywood movie! Shw sme appreciate! It's d boys effort not his mum. Most times poor, low life peeps bliv dat because ur fada is rich so u must also be rich, 4gettin evry1 has he's own destiny. No kwarruption case has even bn levelled against his mother so why rush 2 call her a thief. U're sayin she's a western stooge, buhari nko? If not 4 Britain & USA do u tink he wld hav won re-electn? Do u rily tink it was ur votes dat kicked out Jonathan? Did u even vote. Pls let's stop actin petty & stop hatin. Her son has tried it's his 1st public literary work of art dt has gotten appreciate 4rm Hollywood. Do u knw how hard it is 2 break in 2 Hollywood. D more I dey type d more I dey vex 4 u. In short GERROUT! Hater!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by cap28: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Honestly, when I first saw the trailer of the movie on worldstarhiphop a few weeks ago - I just checked it out cos I saw Idris Elba and the title "Beast of no nation" ( as you know I'm a big fan of Fela's music). I initially thought the whole thing was a black diaspora thing, using Fela's phrase, to tell a story of Sierra Leone - with Idris Elba playing his roots. I checked it out and Idris Elba killed the Krio accent and it was basically the same Sierra Leonean child soldiers story.

Then a few days later I saw the same thing on NL - and boom, it was an Iweala family thing. I just posted a comment about Idris Elba and how he killed the Krio accent, and left the thread. I didn't really want to get into the whole Iweala family's madness, before these simple-minded useful idiots start accusing me of jealousy and bigotry. I honestly don't know what's special about writing a stale story about child soldiers, to be honest.

You need to understand that a lot of these folks are functional illiterates. That's the same way they have been hyping Fashola all over this forum and the web today for mediocrity. Their standard is just troubling, especially for loudmouthed folks who think they're the brain-box of the black-world (hysterical lol). Who celebrates utterly corrupt non-achievers? I guess that's why when you start listing the greatest and most influential Africans/black people ever - you'll never see a Nigerian in the top-20, apart from maybe Fela Kuti.

Anyway, I think Danny Glover needs to go the Spike Lee route and open a paypal donour thing and I'm sure a lot black folks will donate to the project.

Absolutely agree.

As you know the Okonjo Iwealas are traitors therefore they are willing to sell their souls to the highest bidder as long as the price is right.

Ive got no problem with a film about Sierra Leonean child soldiers PROVIDED THE WHOLE STORY IS TOLD IE CHARLES TAYLOR'S CONNECTIONS TO THE CIA, ISRAELI DIAMOND SMUGGLERS AND THE FACT THAT CHARLES TAYLOR IS THE FIRST BLACK MAN IN HISTORY TO SUCCESSFULLY ESCAPE FROM A MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON IN THE US ONLY TO SHOW UP IN SIERRA LEONE MONTHS LATER ARMED TO THE TEETH AND READY TO OVERTHROW A SITTING GOVT. If Okonjo Iweala's son dealt with the above issues then I am ready to apologise to him right now for failing to acknowledge his courage, fearlessness and integrity but if as I suspect he steered clear of those topics then he can kiss my arse.

The youth in Nigeria are a tragedy, take a look at what the youth in Britain are doing today in order to get rid of the corrupt Tories , take a look at how they have rallied behind Jeremy Corbyn a man so simple in his lifestyle that he rides to work on a bicycle, a man who is so genuine he instills fear in the heart of the corrupt Tory govt, does an average Nigerian respect anyone who isn't rolling in money?

Nigerians deserve the scum that rule over them
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by jmoore(m): 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
makazona:

Mr. J, hows ur biz going? op its growing?
I thank God sha. Good evening..
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Shymm3x: 9:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
cap28:

Absolutely agree.

As you know the Okonjo Iwealas are traitors therefore they are willing to sell their souls to the highest bidder as long as the price is right.

Ive got no problem with a film about Sierra Leonean child soldiers PROVIDED THE WHOLE STORY IS TOLD IE CHARLES TAYLOR'S CONNECTIONS TO THE CIA, ISRAELI DIAMOND SMUGGLERS AND THE FACT THAT CHARLES TAYLOR IS THE FIRST BLACK MAN IN HISTORY TO SUCCESSFULLY ESCAPE FROM A MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON IN THE US ONLY TO SHOW UP IN SIERRA LEONE MONTHS LATER ARMED TO THE TEETH AND READY TO OVERTHROW A SITTING GOVT. If Okonjo Iweala's son dealt with the above issues then I am ready to apologise to him right now for failing to acknowledge his courage, fearlessness and integrity but if as I suspect he steered clear of those topics then he can kiss my arse.

The youth in Nigeria are a tragedy, take a look at what the youth in Britain are doing today in order to get rid of the corrupt Tories , take a look at how they have rallied behind Jeremy Corbyn a man so simple in his lifestyle that he rides to work on a bicycle, a man who is so genuine he instills fear in the heart of the corrupt Tory govt, does an average Nigerian respect anyone who isn't rolling in money?

Nigerians deserve the scum that rule over them

Lol. They will never understand the utter destruction Iweala vested on them. After committing the biggest ponzi scheme in history by paying a debt that no country in history have never paid - apart from Russia that defaulted on its debts once, and just paid it off the 2nd time to avoid another default, so as to be welcomed into the club of big players. But to these clowns, that was a big achievement and they had to get her back in there - to further sell them back into financial slavery. And the 2nd time - she ran up the debts at the speed of sound. And they still laud her, yet you wonder why these folks are utterly poor and miserable? They're just black zombies.

Have you read the poem the great Ben Okri dedicated to Jeremy Corbyn? This is the poem:

They say there is only one way for politics.
That it looks with hard eyes at the hard world
And shapes it with a ruler’s edge,
Measuring what is possible against
Acclaim, support, and votes.

They say there is only one way to dream
For the people, to give them not what they need
But food for their fears.
We measure the deeds of politicians
By their time in power.

But in ancient times they had another way.
They measured greatness by the gold
Of contentment, by the enduring arts,
The laughter at the hearths,
The length of silence when the bards
Told of what was done by those who
Had the courage to make their lands
Happy, away from war, spreading justice
And fostering health,
The most precious of the arts
Of governance.

But we live in times that have lost
This tough art of dreaming
The best for its people,
Or so we are told by cynics
And doomsayers who see the end
Of time in blood-red moons.

Always when least expected an unexpected
Figure rises when dreams here have
Become like ashes. But when the light
Is woken in our hearts after the long
Sleep, they wonder if it is a fable.

Can we still seek the lost angels
Of our better natures?
Can we still wish and will
For poverty’s death and a newer way
To undo war, and find peace in the labyrinth
Of the Middle East, and prosperity
In Africa as the true way
To end the feared tide of immigration?

We dream of a new politics
That will renew the world
Under their weary suspicious gaze.
There’s always a new way,
A better way that’s not been tried before.

Ben Okri and his revolutionary beret - absolute legend. His speech at the remembrance ceremony of Steve Biko will always give me goosebumps. I met him once during Uni days and I'll never forget how happy I was shaking his hands. Salute. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by toshmann(m): 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nice. . . . . . but West Holywood!!!hmmn, I've been to that city. . . . . uhm . . . Make I no talk Sha.

Congrats young man
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by cap28: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
oluwaahmed:

Bruh. U makin a point but ur hatin is also too much. Giv d woman & her son a break. No matter how u luk @ it d boy is now more popular dan u wld ever be. Dnt ask if I knw u, cos nobody knows u actually. How many times av u watched a movies dt passes d same message or was acted smetym in d sixties & reacted again now? I mean d dude wrote a book, dat has bn used as a Hollywood movie! Shw sme appreciate! It's d boys effort not his mum. Most times poor, low life peeps bliv dat because ur fada is rich so u must also be rich, 4gettin evry1 has he's own destiny. No kwarruption case has even bn levelled against his mother so why rush 2 call her a thief. U're sayin she's a western stooge, buhari nko? If not 4 Britain & USA do u tink he wld hav won re-electn? Do u rily tink it was ur votes dat kicked out Jonathan? Did u even vote. Pls let's stop actin petty & stop hatin. Her son has tried it's his 1st public literary work of art dt has gotten appreciate 4rm Hollywood. Do u knw how hard it is 2 break in 2 Hollywood. D more I dey type d more I dey vex 4 u. In short GERROUT! Hater!!

How many people outside Nigeria know this guy? I think you are out of touch with reality if you seriously believe that this guy is now a household name simply because of a film that most people have never and will never watch. Don't you think that your time could be better spent trying to find ways to bring this young man's corrupt mother to book rather than bowing before him for writing a mediocre book about a topic that has already been covered ad nauseam by others. I just watched the trailer of this film and to be quite honest with you the story line is exactly the same as Blood Diamonds which starred Leonardo DiCaprio and Djimon Honsou

Quit championing mediocrity and focus on your immediate problems.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by cap28: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. They will never understand the utter destruction Iweala vested on them. After committing the biggest ponzi scheme in history by paying a debt that no country in history have never paid - apart from Russia that defaulted on its debts once, and just paid it off the 2nd time to avoid another default, so as to be welcomed into the club of big players. But to these clowns, that was a big achievement and they had to get her back in there - to further sell them back into financial slavery. And the 2nd time - she ran up the debts at the speed of sound. And they still laud her, yet you wonder why these folks are utterly poor and miserable? They're just black zombies.

Have you read the poem the great Ben Okri dedicated to Jeremy Corbyn? This is the poem:

They say there is only one way for politics.
That it looks with hard eyes at the hard world
And shapes it with a ruler’s edge,
Measuring what is possible against
Acclaim, support, and votes.

They say there is only one way to dream
For the people, to give them not what they need
But food for their fears.
We measure the deeds of politicians
By their time in power.

But in ancient times they had another way.
They measured greatness by the gold
Of contentment, by the enduring arts,
The laughter at the hearths,
The length of silence when the bards
Told of what was done by those who
Had the courage to make their lands
Happy, away from war, spreading justice
And fostering health,
The most precious of the arts
Of governance.

But we live in times that have lost
This tough art of dreaming
The best for its people,
Or so we are told by cynics
And doomsayers who see the end
Of time in blood-red moons.

Always when least expected an unexpected
Figure rises when dreams here have
Become like ashes. But when the light
Is woken in our hearts after the long
Sleep, they wonder if it is a fable.

Can we still seek the lost angels
Of our better natures?
Can we still wish and will
For poverty’s death and a newer way
To undo war, and find peace in the labyrinth
Of the Middle East, and prosperity
In Africa as the true way
To end the feared tide of immigration?

We dream of a new politics
That will renew the world
Under their weary suspicious gaze.
There’s always a new way,
A better way that’s not been tried before.

Ben Okri and his revolutionary beret - absolute legend. His speech at the remembrance ceremony of Steve Biko will always give me goosebumps. I met him once during Uni days and I'll never forget how happy I was shaking his hands. Salute. grin

I've always respected Ben Okri and I bought "The Famished Road" when it came out many years ago therefore I was pleasantly surprised when Jeremy Corbyn quoted one of his works during his recent speech at the Labour party conference. I have a good feeling about him, he is genuine and in touch with real people, I hope he becomes Prime Minister in 2020.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Shymm3x: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
cap28:

I've always respected Ben Okri and I bought "The Famished Road" when it came out many years ago therefore I was pleasantly surprised when Jeremy Corbyn quoted one of his works during his recent speech at the Labour party conference. I have a good feeling about him, he is genuine and in touch with real people, I hope he becomes Prime Minister in 2020.

Jeremy Corbyn called him a genius. I've read "The Famished Road" and read "Infinite Riches" a few months ago. And I'm not even into fiction like that - I deal more with history and realism. I just admire his writing style - spiritually African, with a lot of esoteric realism, philosophical quotes, anti-colonial rhetoric, and suspense. A true African writer. He's also a product of Peckham (I need to put this out there looooool).

Revolutionary mindset. cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by williamsean(m): 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
EgusiSoup:
FIRST TO COMMENT

.is this the CHANGE we vote for? How does we knows that APC lead by dullards have good plan for us with all this picture everywhere? sad

Oh GEJ WE MISSING YOU!
dull brain, jst read what u wrote again. Are u sure u went to secondary school?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by opribo(m): 3:25am On Oct 15, 2015
They live and dine abroad and they even carry foreign citizenship yet we still think they are more patriotic than the people who live here and have no place else to run to when these so called diaspora people finish with country. I bet all them diaspora ministers have gone back to where they call home leaving us to deal with the mess by ourselves.
We need to realise that it is only those who call this place home and willing to build this home that can truly sacrifice their all for motherland.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 15, 2015
EgusiSoup:
FIRST TO COMMENT

Oh GEJ WE MISSING YOU!

Who is this one
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by 123456zhao(m): 5:01am On Oct 15, 2015
Anybody want buy a new flatbed trailer or low bed trailer or dump trailer, if your have interest to buy a new trailer from china, please contact me.

Email:deanzhao89@yahoo.com

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by KanwuliaJara: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2015
After all said and DONE! grin
Woe to DIVORCEES who carry marital infidelity on their HEADS!!!!! cheesy
Marriage is an INVESTMENT for OLD AGE!!!! wink

"They" left their boyfriend and girlfriend IN BED!

Kudos! cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2015
Missfavourblog:
good for 'em... Baba wen are u coming 4 her?

PHOTOS: Port Harcourt Babe Wants You to See Her Things
tongue
is he a COME-missioner¿
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by ylaa(f): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
SONNIE, THANKS FOR MAKING OUT TIME TO RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION
I APPRECIATE IT.
sonnie10:

The older guy is NOI' s son, his name is Uzodinma Iweala. He is Havard trained and wrote the book, Beast of No Nation which was acted in the movie.

The small boy's is 14 years old award wining Ghanaian actor Abraham Attah, and not related to Okonjo Iweala. In the movie, he plays the part of a child soldier whom they called Agu.

While Jim Iyke and the rest in Nollywood have been busting their ass trying to land a role in Hollywood movie, this young lad without breaking a sweat is already there. Truly, money answereth all things.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by ledaman: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
Congratulations bro, despite I don't like your mum for the roles she played during the last administration.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by cap28: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2015
The Ghanaian kid who played one of the lead roles in BONN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6BzBPXaPEI
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) by isalegan2: 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
sonnie10:

While Jim Iyke and the rest in Nollywood have been busting their ass trying to land a role in Hollywood movie, this young lad without breaking a sweat is already there.

Truly, money answereth all things.

Where is that in your bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Death Of Ikonso: Hope Uzodinma Has Murdered Sleep — IPOB Reacts / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu / Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.