Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate (69522 Views)

N19bn Paris Club Scam: EFCC Report Indicts Saraki, Aides, Ex-bank MD / June 2012 - Gov Fashola Indicts Lai Muhammeds Knightsbridge For Illegal Dredging / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
At the ministerial screening earlier today ex-Lagos state governor Raji Fashola was asked a direct question regarding the N78million appropriated for the building of personal website. Here was Fashola's response...

While we all agree that award of contract is an Institutional process, FASHOLA refused to tell the Senate that the process is only finalised when the relevant commissioner in charge of the affected ministry append his/her signature as prescribed by Section 30(5) of Lagos State Public procurement Law (2011) which Fashola signed into law... In fact subsection 5 was very clear...

30.— (1)   There is established by this Law in each of the State’s Ministry, Extra-ministerial Office/Department/Agency, Parastatal, Corporation, a Tenders’ Board.

(2)   Subject to the approval of the Board, the Agency shall from time to time prescribe the membership of the Tenders’ Board.

(3)   The Tenders’ Board shall have power to award and be responsible for the procurements of goods, works and services within the benchmark set in the Regulations to this Law.

(4)   In all cases where there is a need for pre-qualifications, the Chairman of the Tenders’ Board shall constitute a technical evaluation subcommittee of the Tenders’ Board charged with the responsibility for the evaluation of bids which shall be made up of professional staff of the procuring entity and the Secretary of the Tenders Board who shall also be the Chairman of the Evaluation subcommittee.

(5)   The decision of the Tenders’ Board shall be communicated to the Commissioner for implementation.
(EMPHASIS Mine)
http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/ppa-law/tenders’-boards

Fashola Indicts Himself:
From the section (SPECIFICALLY subsection 5) it is expressly clear that the Fashola's administration through the affected Commissioner 'okayed' the contract to be awarded at that RIDICULOUS amount. We should also note that Commissioners are not elected but appointed by Governors and they report to Governors. That means the affected Commissioner must have reported the said contract to then Governor Fashola while reporting the activities of his ministry to his boss.

Looking at the defence that Fashola put up and placing it side by side with procedure, two things can be deduced;

1. Fashola was aware of the whole thing but deliberately LIED before the Senate to cover his track. He was fully aware of the deal. The job of the Commissioner is to ensure that contracts by the Tender Board is in the public interest. His/her signature is a testament of endorsement. Fashola as briefed but deliberately refused to revoke nor question the contract. In fact, he was silent about it until Ambode raised alarm. OR

2. Fashola was not aware thereby making him complacent of his duties as governor of Lagos state. If this is true (which is doubtful), then we beg to ask how many more inflated contracts went undetected by the Governor? This second is a statement of incompetence.

Both 1 and 2 are indicting if we look at them from any angle..

The 'I Never Signed Chequ' Holds No Water
The Fashola's 'I never signed cheque' statement is untenable anywhere. No Governor or Presidents signs cheque for the award of contract in Nigeria. There are Accountants that effect payment. What is required of the political officers is to APPROVE contracts for the Accountants to issue cheques. So why should Fashola use that as defence? Let me also remind all that NO Governor or President 'steal' or inflate contracts directly! The process to loot has always been INFLATION of contracts through relevant Commissioners/D-Gs etc.

It is however unfortunate that the Senate FAILED to ask relevant question but instead nod their heads in ignorance. It is very shameful that the same Nigerians that called for the head of Princess Stella Oduah over the N260million vehicle were singing Fashola's praise for the shabby defence that he put up.

May God Bless Us All

@ TonyeBarcanista(, m not surprise that you are a fault finder cos that is what you people do most since buhari won ur hero. If you of you bigots had criticized GEJ cabinet, Akpabio will not be complaining that Diezani dont pick his call.

I guess WIKE, Diezani or Stella oduah in GEJ cabinet are God sent and better than Buhari cabinet?...... ewu.
The problem about you people from that side of the country is that, you people forget very fast and have no shame or conscience.

WHO IS THIS STUPI/D TonyeBarcanista?. IF U R THE OWNER OF THIS SITE, I WILL STOP VISITING. Can someone tell me if this f0ol has or work for this site.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by sameolg616(m): 3:19am On Oct 15, 2015
praise010:
The issue of contract inflation in Nigeria is like Lagos Traffic. It goes beyond description.

The truth is that the system makes it impossible for government to award contract without inflating the price. From submitting the bid bond to the award of contract, there are various offices to settle before a contractor can secure a government contract.

Fashola did not indict himself per say. To he, he successfully placed the blame on the door steps of those in charge of that particular transaction and the applicable laws. Mind you, the Governor is not vicariously liable for the actions of his commissioners .
thank u for ur honest assessment...nigerians pretend like we dont know wen its really born into us...nothing is free in lagos and really u must pay tithe to some pple before u can even move forward..he summed it all up wit "may ur loyalty neva be tested"....
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by juman(m): 3:25am On Oct 15, 2015
Reading through the thread make me laugh. grin

The former governor performed so well as governor.

Everybody knows that the pushing away pdp from the center was not a day job. It also consumed a lot of resources.

Couple of years ago ACN was only controlling lagos state, then latter ekiti and osun states. A lot of resources was expended to achieve that.

From there they got more states and later merge with other like minded across the country.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Lionhearted: 3:31am On Oct 15, 2015
blazetitov:
@op, take your case to the appropriate quarters. Ride on the FOI bill by asking the said Ministry to furnish you with relevant documents as regard the said contract.

Best of luck in your sojourn!

No APC state honour the FOI bill. Infact all of them are against it.

What do you think could be the reason?
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by juman(m): 3:39am On Oct 15, 2015
The evil way PDP was doing things was authored by obasanjo, the change became necessary because the country was heading towards doom.

Thank God there was change.

The change consumed a lot of resources, the resources consumed were not dropped from sky but generated from somewhere.

But we should not be pretending that no resources were spent. It consumed billions of naira.

To me I commend the handlers of lagos state, the state was the launching pad for them to get other states and latter combined with others to effect the change at the center, the change that removed the cursed path created for the country by obasanjo.

Hope that apc would not be another pdp.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by likila: 3:44am On Oct 15, 2015
Fashola will end up in prison before 2016 end.
He has enter out trap.
watch and see.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Adminisher: 3:56am On Oct 15, 2015
How did he indict himself in one sentence that was open to so many meanings?. This OP should stop commenting on stuff. You don't just take over social media because you have the free time or are out of job.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by sameolg616(m): 3:58am On Oct 15, 2015
Manlado:
Fashola had already given a detailed answer to anyone who understands the cost implications of maintaining an active website that is frequently updated.
He need not do that today as expected.

God bless u...im into i.t(database) but really pple should see the contract first before they critisize it....there is something called a disaster recovery plan(methods aimed at preventing,detecting and correcting).no doubt,it may have been inflated but on the contrary,it may be accurate..in a country where the resources are limited(no constant power supply etc)...its not just creating a website but continuous maintanance of such...
the same applies with the rehabilitation of roads..if u read carefully into the contract....its continous over a period of time....
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by sameolg616(m): 4:11am On Oct 15, 2015
peppyluv02:
Some people will commit suicide because of Tonyebarcanista and the popularity he is gaining. Other writers even refer to his posts.
I won't be suprised to see this article in the papers tomorrow. Thumbs up tonye,thumbs up!
dumb and dumber with a combined IQ of 1
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by jacksonite: 4:25am On Oct 15, 2015
aresa:

@ Op the Disgraced and discredited ignorant can't read and comprehend protection seeker.

Please when you are done with your latest idiocy and foolery, show us where Fashola or the commissioner signed any checks and last time the world checked, signing checks and the rubbish you posted are 2 different things..

Many of the nuisance wailers on NL post better half baked than you so you are a lousy and sub par wailer...
What a lame and meaningless response to a well researched and presented post. You are surely speaking from your heart and not from your head.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by sameolg616(m): 4:46am On Oct 15, 2015
breehzy99:
Hmmmm.... Like seriously. Most Niqerians are so ignorant. Couldnt even continue readinq the comments. It'll be nice if www.nairaland.com could remove this from her front page. So displeased @ d op infact. . How did he indict himself? That guy was jst beinq smart. . Accepted, He didnt qo into details concerninq the alleqations. He would have certainly been prepared a 100 percent for that particular question... Nd as you know hez a Barrister himself. . He wouldnt say anythinq that would 'indict' him as reqards d law, Not for a question he would have been expectinq for that matter... Nd trust me, He didnt. . . So I'll beq you try nd do your research well. If possible get a legal adviser concerninq this issue to put you throuqh. All these are just your personal views. Dont know what you have aqainst him or your beef with him... Mtcheww. Its annoyinq like seriously. . Hez one of the very few leaders who were beinq productive and did great work in their states... Jst appreciate all his works in Laqos State durinq his tenure. . 'Haba'!!! Even his PDP oppositions can testify his great work sef... *sigh* Guys, No vex jawe. E too lonq abi? I dey vex ni. . #JahbleSs #StaybleSsed #breehzY!
very correct...besides he being articulate and intelligent....he had all the time in the world to prepare for the expected question without getting indicted..it reminds me of when clinton was being interrogated publicly over the monica case..no matter ow hard the question was,he never admitted directly to anyin or gave details more than necessary..he kept using the words "inappropriate act'..
i dont know what people were expecting to hear....he is a lawyer and not a web designer....i equally make presentations to individuals and companies on pos database models..on the surface,the basics looks quite affordable but the whole package ;which are optional(cummulative backups,maintainance,offsite backups,integration into websites,cost of softwares,advisory and disaster recovery policies,continous training and assignin new roles to people)over a period of time(and not talking of a whole state but a company now)can spell a few hundred of thousands more...
i never liked web design and it sounds so cheaper cuz that is even ow the public perceives it cuz they see banner read get ur website+domain+?? for 5000...so its normal they think 75million is too much..but the extreme web designer knows better.....let say he mentioned that they created a database or program(as in a more complex computer word)...then this debate wld av died a long time ago
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by banio: 5:04am On Oct 15, 2015
The response to this thresd tells it all. You are on track Fashola defence was too shallow and filled with indictment. He said "let not your loyalty be tested, because U might take a bullet 4 ur child" He was saying by extension that he is taking #78million bullet for some persons. He is a fool 4 taking bullets 4 others. Who forced him to approve that amount, He shud mention names.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by aresa: 5:21am On Oct 15, 2015
jacksonite:
What a lame and meaningless response to a well researched and presented post. You are surely speaking from your heart and not from your head.

1. BRF. SAN articulated that he did not sign any checks, meaning other people and institutions are responsible for all that.

2. ..but the ignorant and illiterate protection seeker OP is here talking about approval which has nothing to do with the former governors assertions about writing checks so exactly in what way did the former governor indicted himself?

3. Is it possible to indict yourself over what you did not utter or was the issue about approval or who wrote or didn't write the checks?

The OP is another ignorant can't read and comprehend ignorant illiterate just like you and the only thing he should be researching is his own idiocy and inability to read and comprehend simple English words just like you ignorant and illiterate followers he leads astray with his thoughtless and half backed toilet flush..
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by aresa: 5:33am On Oct 15, 2015
sameolg616:

very correct...besides he being articulate and intelligent....he had all the time in the world to prepare for the expected question without getting indicted..it reminds me of when clinton was being interrogated publicly over the monica case..no matter ow hard the question was,he never admitted directly to anyin or gave details more than necessary..he kept using the words "inappropriate act'..
i dont know what people were expecting to hear....he is a lawyer and not a web designer....i equally make presentations to individuals and companies on pos database models..on the surface,the basics looks quite affordable but the whole package ;which are optional(cummulative backups,maintainance,offsite backups,integration into websites,cost of softwares,advisory and disaster recovery policies,continous training and assignin new roles to people)over a period of time(and not talking of a whole state but a company now)can spell a few hundred of thousands more...
i never liked web design and it sounds so cheaper cuz that is even ow the public perceives it cuz they see banner read get ur website+domain+?? for 5000...so its normal they think 75million is too much..but the extreme web designer knows better.....let say he mentioned that they created a database or program(as in a more complex computer word)...then this debate wld av died a long time ago

Besides, the vendor asserted that the contract demanded multiple websites including the yearly Lagos count down website, uploading and maintaining thousands of videos and photos on multiple media platforms and maintenance is lifetime maintenance.

The noisemakers should just go and tell us or quantify financially what they charge per man hour to do the same job for forever... This really sounds like a very good deal to me...
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 15, 2015
Drfash:
@ tonyebarcanista, u re a very good writer nd i consider ur opinions biased in order to score political points, u av d talent buh u av 2 develop it which i believe u cn do , i ll suggest u leave politics nd find a new field of research in which i believe u will excel. i believe in you that u cn change d world with ur articles.its ur career, its ur future, its ur decision. make ur passion ur profession. make d world a better place with ur ideas nd innovation. even if u re paid 2 write dis, u cn make much more by writing great things which would last a lifetime nd nt political ideologies which won't last a while its an advice though
so putting saint god fashola under scrutiny translates into a biased write up..may God help nigeria...
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by biafranqueen: 5:57am On Oct 15, 2015
juman:

Everybody knows that the pushing away pdp from the center was not a day job. It also consumed a lot of resources.

Couple of years ago ACN was only controlling lagos state, then latter ekiti and osun states. A lot of resources was expended to achieve that.

From there they got more states and later merge with other like minded across the country.
What did he do with education, healthcare, and everyother major area where did he perform well with the trillions from allotment and IGR?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 6:03am On Oct 15, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You will never know why because you are a consummate reta rd
You're a buharistic stupid_ goat.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 15, 2015
juman:

the guy performed so well and the lagos island has no water for its populace...shake my hand...na to dey use stick nak ona head until ona get sense.. angry...we are been taxed to death and nothing to show to benefit the peoples in lagos...
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2015
aresa:

@ Op the Disgraced and discredited ignorant can't read and comprehend protection seeker.

Please when you are done with your latest idiocy and foolery, show us where Fashola or the commissioner signed any checks and last time the world checked, signing checks and the rubbish you posted are 2 different things..

Many of the nuisance wailers on NL post better half baked than you so you are a lousy and sub par wailer...

Does it have to end in insults and abuses when someone shares a contrary opinion with you? Why not just show why you don't agree with him and cut out the insults!

You re not the only one, the average Nigerian is that way: just pass by a newspaper stand and see people insult themselves in the name of argument.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Pigin1: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2015
The thunder that will fire anyone that says Ambo is not performing after all the massive and huge debt Fashole left behind is still loading in hell fire!!! kai they have turned Ambo to a stand up comedian; "Tonye for minister of information and research" 2019.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by maestroferddi: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2015
Forget the noises being generated by Buhari, corruption will be around for a very long time.

Why? Because Nigerians are incurably gullible.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by favourlove1: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2015
kamair237:
Op

cry me a river.....

make sure it flows long and run's deep....
wailer....

By d way Mr OP...
Wat qualification(CV) do u have
Don't tell me u are just a concerned citizen...
the truth is like oil you who is asking op of his qualifications will still come here tmow n cry. Its a pity nigerians are too lazy to read. Few chapters back many nigerians were saying ministers were all corrupt now d nominees hav all come out n sweet talked you all including d senators n all we hear is take a bow. Too bad. N d youths sit n do nothing.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by favourlove1: 6:59am On Oct 15, 2015
kbshow100:
How i wish one day you will channel this your research to something important that will develop the youth,,

May God open your eyes and brain as he opened the eyes of Edwin Clark, NOI, Akpabio and so many other wailers. Ameeen
ur brain needs repairs. Someone has been smart enough to point out loop holes n all u peeps do here is nag soon u all will have urselves to blame
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Drfash(f): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2015
IzonOwei:
so putting saint god fashola under scrutiny translates into a biased write up..may God help nigeria...
trying to defend stella oduah is. buh y cnt u try 2 see d bright syd of things, u also will be a good forensic scientists, u jst dont see it, try to think about dat . its an advice though
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Uncletony(m): 7:11am On Oct 15, 2015
kamair237:
Op

cry me a river.....

make sure it flows long and run's deep....
wailer....

By d way Mr OP...
Wat qualification(CV) do u have
Don't tell me u are just a concerned citizen...

But are amazingly stup!d!!..is that the change APC promised?!...overhype Tinubu has always been a flop since day one. With all the resources lagos has & generates, those foools cant even put up a decent city.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 15, 2015
Drfash:
trying to defend stella oduah is. buh y cnt u try 2 see d bright syd of things, u also will be a good forensic scientists, u jst dont see it, try to think about dat . its an advice though
no one is defending stella..we are only unveiling the hypocrisy of the apc...and what is the bright side of things...you mean with the ministerial screening charade..naija is in for a very long ride...let us learn to criticise the hell out of our leaders...na we go still suffer when them yeye...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Ahmad4452(m): 7:18am On Oct 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
At the ministerial screening earlier today ex-Lagos state governor Raji Fashola was asked a direct question regarding the N78million appropriated for the building of personal website. Here was Fashola's response...

While we all agree that award of contract is an Institutional process, FASHOLA refused to tell the Senate that the process is only finalised when the relevant commissioner in charge of the affected ministry append his/her signature as prescribed by Section 30(5) of Lagos State Public procurement Law (2011) which Fashola signed into law... In fact subsection 5 was very clear...

30.— (1)   There is established by this Law in each of the State’s Ministry, Extra-ministerial Office/Department/Agency, Parastatal, Corporation, a Tenders’ Board.

(2)   Subject to the approval of the Board, the Agency shall from time to time prescribe the membership of the Tenders’ Board.

(3)   The Tenders’ Board shall have power to award and be responsible for the procurements of goods, works and services within the benchmark set in the Regulations to this Law.

(4)   In all cases where there is a need for pre-qualifications, the Chairman of the Tenders’ Board shall constitute a technical evaluation subcommittee of the Tenders’ Board charged with the responsibility for the evaluation of bids which shall be made up of professional staff of the procuring entity and the Secretary of the Tenders Board who shall also be the Chairman of the Evaluation subcommittee.

(5)   The decision of the Tenders’ Board shall be communicated to the Commissioner for implementation.
(EMPHASIS Mine)
http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/ppa-law/tenders’-boards

Fashola Indicts Himself:
From the section (SPECIFICALLY subsection 5) it is expressly clear that the Fashola's administration through the affected Commissioner 'okayed' the contract to be awarded at that RIDICULOUS amount. We should also note that Commissioners are not elected but appointed by Governors and they report to Governors. That means the affected Commissioner must have reported the said contract to then Governor Fashola while reporting the activities of his ministry to his boss.

Looking at the defence that Fashola put up and placing it side by side with procedure, two things can be deduced;

1. Fashola was aware of the whole thing but deliberately LIED before the Senate to cover his track. He was fully aware of the deal. The job of the Commissioner is to ensure that contracts by the Tender Board is in the public interest. His/her signature is a testament of endorsement. Fashola as briefed but deliberately refused to revoke nor question the contract. In fact, he was silent about it until Ambode raised alarm. OR

2. Fashola was not aware thereby making him complacent of his duties as governor of Lagos state. If this is true (which is doubtful), then we beg to ask how many more inflated contracts went undetected by the Governor? This second is a statement of incompetence.

Both 1 and 2 are indicting if we look at them from any angle..

The 'I Never Signed Chequ' Holds No Water
The Fashola's 'I never signed cheque' statement is untenable anywhere. No Governor or Presidents signs cheque for the award of contract in Nigeria. There are Accountants that effect payment. What is required of the political officers is to APPROVE contracts for the Accountants to issue cheques. So why should Fashola use that as defence? Let me also remind all that NO Governor or President 'steal' or inflate contracts directly! The process to loot has always been INFLATION of contracts through relevant Commissioners/D-Gs etc.

It is however unfortunate that the Senate FAILED to ask relevant question but instead nod their heads in ignorance. It is very shameful that the same Nigerians that called for the head of Princess Stella Oduah over the N260million vehicle were singing Fashola's praise for the shabby defence that he put up.

May God Bless Us All
see dis Broda Ode oshi Fashola wey don take a bow n go na en u dey bad belle 4 here..Oga mke i advice you Tonye stop taking bomb weed its dangerous
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by BALLOSKI: 7:21am On Oct 15, 2015
lincolnj88:
tonye i lost hope when i saw people hailing fashola for accumulating such heavy debt profile using d false claim of spending it on capital projects whereas it is evident that d debt is highly an unproductive debt......
And him comparing usa debt profile which is highly justifiable in terms to standard of livving to lagos just show y we should wail more
show me where fashola said the whole debt was accumulated under him. He said they are long time loans; some 20 to 30 years . The debt profile of Lagos started increasing Evn before the advent of democracy(before 1999).
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Teespice(f): 7:22am On Oct 15, 2015
same person has been confirmed as a minister.
deal with it.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 15, 2015
It baffles me the contraption the south westerners are in...they love fashola and see him as a saint but still love and worship Tinubu who they claim is trying to use this website fraud case to taint fashola's holiness...can a people be more confused and hypocritical I ask..
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by wristbangle: 7:26am On Oct 15, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I also heard fulani herdsmen are approaching your village as we speak... I hope they won't meet you there

Lol. This igbo lab rat don start again this mrng!
Re: Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate by homesteady(m): 7:35am On Oct 15, 2015
mapet:
]

TonyeBarcanista,

1. Sometimes I wonder if you choose to comprehend things on the reverse gear
2. While it is plausible that your exposure to procedures is limited, but I do not expect your comprehension to be
3. Your interpretation of the constitution to address Fashola's defense is flat way-off.
4. Fashola DID NOT deny that those stated amount was spent, but rather his "i don't sign cheques and my commissioners don't sign cheques" meant that there is an instituted process, which is in operation and it was that process that was followed.
4. That the relevant ministries (Planning, Science and Technology and Procurement Department) handled those contracts in question as their statutory and constitutionally duties
5. That he had a government to run and operational issues of such nature are not even brought to him for approval

Your twisted interpretation of the constitution is flawed on these levels
1. The tenders board are primarily setup to review contracts, negotiate and get the best deal for the government. The tenders board make approvals to the commissioners and it is based on these recommendations that the approval is gotten and the contracts are awarded. The commissioner in this context rely's on the approval of the tenders board. The tenders board had also relied on the the internal benchmark price setup by the planning department. It is based on this benchmark price, that the tenders board negotiate. This is also how it is done even in the private sector. The summary of that submission is that a system is put in place that handles procurement and contracts, and this system is matured enough to be self operated regardless of who sits as commissioner or governor
2. Even if the commissioners reported these contracts to Fashola, after the tenders board recommendation, I dare ask, is it Fashola's job to do market surveys?
3. Your rebutal itself shows how limited you are in knowledge of how things work
- Accountants are not the ones that sign cheques. Signatories are determined by according to control frameworks of each entity
- Your accusation of contract inflation can only be proven if you can establish that the constitutional provisions was subverted or sidelined to achieve such.

Finally your recourse to a comparison of Stella Oduah's stealling is unnecessary. I am not suprised, as your weak arguments speaks for itself.

We know It is not Fashola's work to do surveys, but doesn't common sense tell anyone that a N78 million website is extremely costly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photos Of The White Hilux Truck Stationed At Nnamdi Kanu's Home / Zahra, Buhari’s Daughter Chatting With Osinbajo (pix) / ''Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Its Rocket Factory'' - Terror Monitor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.