Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today (1139 Views)

Yoruba Hyping Fashola's Screening Performance,is Propaganda Taken Too Far!!!. / Babatude Fashola During Ministerial Screening Today (Photo) / Service Chiefs Arrive Senate For Their Screening Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by 247frolicboss(m): 8:32pm On Oct 14, 2015

Former Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola appeared before the senate this morning for screening.

As expected, the former governor was eloquent and the senators hung on his every word like school children. At a point it seemed like Fashola were lecturing the senators, rather than a screening exercise.

Read 16 quotes which I find most remarkable.

”I cannot claim credit for my success in Lagos State”

“I felt responsible for every citizen who was robbed”

”We can redress political abuses, but cannot recover a life already lost”

”Nigeria has about 500,000 standing policemen. We are under-policed”

“The concept of loyalty is a very strange one. My prayer is that ‘may our loyalties never be tested.”

”As Governor of Lagos I didn’t sign cheques. I’ve never signed cheques, I didn't fix contract prices. Only training I have is as a lawyer”

“Nobody has alleged that I wrongly enriched myself”

‘I have remained loyal to causes I signed to. I stand by my word’

“Nobody can fairly accuse me of giving my word and going back on my word”

“The unfortunate thing about money is that it raises suspicion, even among brothers”

“Government should not get involved in needless disputes”

”The choices we make define the result we get”

‘This nation has a lot of money outside its borders. Nigerians are investing more abroad’

“Those who want to benefit from the commonwealth must contribute to the common purse”

”The consequence to making the promises is the right to accountability”.

”The right to freedom is not absolute. It carries responsibility of not to be a nuisance”

http://www.newshelm.com/2015/10/read-16-unforgettable-quotes-from.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by SeverusSnape(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola I like you.

You'll be a "Noise maker" (minister) certainly.

But you're still a thief though...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by ELTON123(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
THIS MAN REALY INSPIRED ME (8
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kk
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
K
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by madridguy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
Good
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by themilanway(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Fashola I like you.

You'll be a "Noise maker" (minister) certainly.

But you're still a thief though...

He can never be as worse as Ibori,Odua,Dizeani and even Alams.

1 Like

Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by SeverusSnape(m): 6:04am On Oct 15, 2015
themilanway:

See this one talking... You're calling these ones because they're not yoruba and they're not Mohammedans like you.

Will he be as worse as Tinubu or B00HARI??
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by themilanway(m): 6:09am On Oct 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

See this one talking... You're calling these ones because they're not yoruba and they're not Mohammedans like you.

Will he be as worse as Tinubu or B00HARI??

Mumu he can't that bad not to enter UK or the US as he wants tongue tongue

Unlike a certain criminal that couldn't because of fear

1 Like

Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by SeverusSnape(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2015
themilanway:

Goat ... Criminal like??... Tell me who the criminal is.
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by SeverusSnape(m): 6:12am On Oct 15, 2015
themilanway:

... Criminal like??... Tell me who the criminal is.
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 15, 2015
ELTON123:
THIS MAN REALY INSPIRED ME (8
inspired you to do what? Cook indomie?

I like the way he compared USA debt to lagos debt...lik they're the same. Lol. The USA employs 120k people every month to manage their indebtedness..fashola can't reach that number. The USA sells weapons amounting to $500m dollars monthly. Fashola can't dream of reaching that number..But they clapped for him when he gave that analogy.
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by PRYCE(m): 6:18am On Oct 15, 2015
What's "unforgettable" about these quotes? quotes from em Nicci, Ghandi... are easily forgotten but who's Fashola in the Anals of history? These quotes weren't invented by Fashola! I'm sure he had to do T.D.B for his Screening!
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2015
themilanway:

throw Tinubu's name in that mix..that man can't even enter the UK
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by themilanway(m): 6:20am On Oct 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

... Criminal like??... Tell me who the criminal is.

Alams tongue
Re: Read 16 Unforgettable Quotes From Fashola's Screening Today by SeverusSnape(m): 6:25am On Oct 15, 2015
themilanway:

Alams tongue
...And who said he was scared of going to UK?.

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal Judgement: Trouble In Amosun,isiaka Camps / Pastors And Their Private Jet, what do you think / Is There Any Hope For Nigeria Without The Igbos? Pls Read This Article!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.