Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,038 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening (53633 Views)

Fashola's Ministerial And Portfolio Roadmap: How APC Lied Their Way To Power / Bola Tinubu Speaks On Babatunde Fashola's Ministerial Appointment / Photos - Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola 's Ministerial Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by homosapien(m): 11:05am On Oct 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Senators actually had no clue, hence, a certain Fashola outsmarted them with lame defence on why he spent N78million for website.

Are you still masturbating over that. please look for another thing to wail about.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The Senators actually had no clue, hence, a certain Fashola outsmarted them with lame defence on why he spent N78million for website.
It seems that Nigerians aint aware that some security website administrators are paid over $150k year?
Please don't convert this sum to your naira equivalent
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by Ade001ng(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
Attentive
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by ojosam29: 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
This man Raaji Fashola is my man in fact d next President of Nig.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by aleem50(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

And you think that any Yoruba man or anyone from the South will rule Nigeria in long time to come? The South is sharply divided, the Southwest, Southeast and Southsouth are not in good terms. It maybe hard to sell a Yoruba candidate in the Southeast and Southsouth owing to the bad blood the past election has generated. The same way a 'Southeastener' or a Southsouth candidate will be hard to sell in Southwest. The North will continue to rule Nigeria for the foreseeable future until the Southern region amend their differences. Though it won't be easy as a lot of damage has already been done.
Yeah we can't dispute the fact that the Southerners are not on good terms but whenever it is the turn of the South to produce the president, believe me the north will vote overwhemly for the southerner candidate at the expense of the northerner candidate because of the following reasons which are listed below
1.APC will be the ruling party more than 20 years meaning any candidate fielded from the south will be widely accepted.
2.Nigerians are now wise, we no longer vote based on sentiment, the last election is a perfect example. We voted base on credibility.
3.When it is time for APC to zone the presidency to the south, PDP is gonna do so too, because APC is the ruling party and any zone the presidency is zoned to by APC, the opposition party will be like they wanna divide the vote of the zone and work harder on the other zones. Another perfect example is the coming 2019 general election whereby PDP has zoned the presidency to the North.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by bayulll01(m): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

And you think that any Yoruba man or anyone from the South will rule Nigeria in long time to come? The South is sharply divided, the Southwest, Southeast and t of damage has already been done.

Liar yorubas don't do politics of bitterness like my people from aligbo.

We got ally in the north,which are,kwara,kogi even to benue.

We got ally in the south south edo,the urhorobo,itsekiri and the ilajes

U are telling me those one will vote for ibo,when they are all distributed in the western region,we will drive them out.

2 Likes

Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by mikolo80: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
hakanai:
Honestly if God permits I would love to see a Fashola presidency. I think he will make a good president. If APC can allow this man succeed PMB, I am sure he will get a good outing for presidential. Hope he is given sectors that need are critical and need serious revamping such as power & steel/solid minerals, Agriculture,works or Infrastructure or even justice. As for me please not FCT minister Nigeria as a whole needs this type of man than just one state or zone.
that power, that power. na that power my prayer De
but I'm sure he will do well even in culture and tourism
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by saintandsinnerz: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
aleem50:
Yeah we can't dispute the fact that the Southerners are not on good terms but whenever it is the turn of the South to produce the president, believe me the north will vote overwhemly for the southerner candidate at the expense of the northerner candidate because of the follow reasons which are listed below
1.APC will be the ruling party more than 20 years meaning any candidate fielded from the south will be widely accepted.
2.Nigerians are now wise, we no longer vote based on sentiment, the last election is a perfect example. We voted base on credibility.
3.When it is time for APC to zone the presidency to the south, PDP is gonna do so too, because APC is the ruling party and any zone the presidency is zoned to by APC, the opposition party will be like they wanna divide the vote of the zone and work harder on the other zones. Another perfect example is the coming 2019 general election whereby PDP has zoned the presidency to the North.
And you sincerely believe that if APC fields a christian Yorubaman or Igboman for the presidency and the PDP fields a Northern Muslim, that the North will leave the Northern Muslim and vote for the Christian candidate? If your answer to this is yes, i will conclude that you are not a student of the Nigerian politics. As it is now, it will be hard for any Southern candidate to win the presidential election in Nigeria except the Southerners amend their differences. More so, the only saving grace for the Southerners is if the two major parties decides on their own to field all Southern candidates, then the North will not have option than to choose any of the candidates. But it won't be easy for that to happen simply because each political party wants to be in power. If for example come 2019, Buhari decides not to contest and APC decides to give their ticket to a christian Yoruba man, and PDP adopts a northern Muslim candidate; do you think the North will vote for the yoruba man? Hahaha, if you think then i will say you should wake up. You know if the North vote massively for their own, then it requires another block vote for their candidate to win the election. And the way the last election divided the South, i can tell you a lot of SS ans SE people will prefer to go for the Northern candidate than the Yoruba candidate just to get back at them.
Your claim that APC, will rule for 20 years is just an empty statement so i wont comment on it. Bear my write up, i was busy when writing this

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by aleem50(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

And you sincerely believe that if APC fields a christian Yorubaman or Igboman for the presidency and the PDP fields a Northern muslim, that the North will leave the Northern muslim and vote for the Christian candidate? If your answer to this is yes, i will conclude that you are not a student of the Nigerian politics. As it is now, it will be hard for any Southern candidate to win the presidential election in Nigeria except the Southerners amend their differences. More so, the only saving grace for the Southerners is if the two major parties decides on their own to field all Southern candidates, then the North will not have option and choose any of the candidates. But it won't be easy for that to happen simple because each political party wants to be in power. If for example come 2019, Buhari decides not to contest and APC decides to give their ticket to a christian Yoruba man, and PDP adopts a northern muslim candidate; do you think the North will vote for the yoruba man? Hahaha, if you think then i will say you should wake up. You know if the North vote massively for their own, then it requires another block vote for their candidate to win the election. And the way the last election divided the South, i can tell you a lot of SS ans SE people will prefer to go for the Northern candidate than the Yoruba candidate just to get back at them.
Your claim that APC, will rule for 20 years is just an empty statement so i wont comment on it. Bear my write up, i was busy when writing this
Bro I understand your point man, but try to understand me. I mentioned a point that if APC zone presidency to the north, PDP will also do the same which I expect you to understand. Even if it is opposite of what I claimed, APC will still emerge victorious, Northerners are not that united too, North isn't about hausa/fulani alone in the NW, the minorities are not happy, that's why PDP won in some NE States and NC States. If buhari happens to use just a single term, the president will still come from the North and PDP will have their candidate from the North which they have already done And come 2023 if APC zone to the south, PDP will also do the same, that has been the trend since when democracy returned back to this country in 1999 not until last year election whereby we need change. And let me use this medium to let you know that Yorubas didn't vote for Buhari because of the hate towards GEJ, we voted for good governance which you and I have been experiencing since may 29,igbos just got it twisted because of their hate towards the North.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by LTSHANGY: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
Taking a look at the ministeral lists, i wondered why it took this long!
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by cabaliciouscabal: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Dannyset:

I don't do Saraki, but I can also tell you he is brainy, brilliant and intelligent.

He is Brainy? And he filled assets acquired in 2007 as ones he acquired in 2002. In his asset declaration of 2015. Whereas it didn't reflect in his 2003 asset declaration. And u call dat Brainy and intelligent. Saraki himself knows dat he messed up, and obviously looking for soft landing.

Brainy Indeed!

Pls don't ever compare Saraki with Fashola Intellectually.

They ar miles apart.

With Fash taking d lead.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by saintandsinnerz: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
aleem50:
Bro I understand your point man, but try to understand me. I mentioned a point that if APC zone presidency to the north, PDP will also do the same which I expect you to understand. Even if it is opposite of what I claimed, APC will still emerge victorious, Northerners are not that united too, North isn't about hausa/fulani alone in the NW, the minorities are not happy, that's why PDP won in some NE States and NC States. If buhari happens to use just a single term, the president will still come from the North and PDP will have their candidate from the North which they have already done And come 2023 if APC zone to the south, PDP will also do the same, that has been the trend since when democracy returned back to this country in 1999 not until last year election whereby we need change. And let me use this medium to let you know that Yorubas didn't vote for Buhari because of the hate towards GEJ, we voted for good governance which you and I have been experiencing since may 29,igbos just got it twisted because of their hate towards the North.
You are not getting it right! You are assuming that 1+1 for politics equals 2. That's not it, in politics parties calculate what best method can help them to clinch power. Your assertion that if APC for example decides to field a southern candidate that PDP will also do the same is a big fallacy. Politics is a game of probabilities and chance. The nothern minorities as you called them are minorities; they don't control or dominate the politics in the north.
I don't know what you mean that the Igbos voted against Buhari because of their hatred for him, while the yorubas voted for good governance. Really? How do you arrive at such conclusion? Do you have any evidence to prove this? If you don't, then I will take it as another wild generation without basis. The thesis of my argument is that until the southern region amend their differences occasioned by the last election, then my claim may become a reality
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by Jowonloju(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
Fashola the special One, i hope and pray you surpass your performances in the past
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by Jowonloju(m): 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
j4sure:
CONGRATS TO HIM
Na only blind man go buy the rubbish Ambode and his gang are selling. Fashola ju won lo, won ni kekere ni, oya e lo ra kekere yen loja
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by Ghost01(m): 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
The trio of Fayemi, Fashola & Adeosun represented the SW very well at the sceening. Kachikwu too was flawless; Ogbeh was beautiful; and Ms Mohammed was pure class.

I do hope the era when it is the worst that represent a state at the FEC is over (or going, at least).
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by aleem50(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

You are not getting it right! You are assuming that 1+1 for politics equals 2. That's not it, in politics parties calculate what best method can help them to clinch power. Your assertion that if APC for example decides to field a southern candidate that PDP will also do the same is a big fallacy. Politics is a game of probabilities and chance. The nothern minorities as you called them are minorities; they don't control or dominate the politics in the north.
I don't know what you mean that the Igbos voted against Buhari because of their hatred for him, while the yorubas voted for good governance. Really? How do you arrive at such conclusion? Do you have any evidence to prove this? If you don't, then I will take it as another wild generation without basis. The thesis of my argument is that until the southern region amend their differences occasioned by the last election, then my claim may become a reality
yeah yorubas voted for good governance, quote me anywhere, while igbos did the opposite because a sane someone ought to have know that GEJ and his cohorts were leading the country to astray then. Mind you I like GEJ but I hated his administration. I still repeat whenever it is time for the president to come to the south and probably to the SW, it is gonna be victory, neither SS nor SE can stop that even if the other party zone the presidency to the North. Another perfect example was the annulled 1993 election, MKO won in kano the state of the Northern candidate who I think was Tofa if I am right not to mention of other northern States. So, in conclusion, so far APC is still the ruling party until when the president will be zoned to the south, and if in the long run being zoned to the SW, the southern candidate will emerge victorious. I REST MY CASE.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by aleem50(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
bayulll01:

U are telling me those one will vote for ibo,when they are all distributed in the western region,we will drive them out.
thanks for this point of yours bro. It skipped my mind when I was quoting him.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by aleem50(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
bayulll01:

God bless you for the beautiful reply.
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by bayulll01(m): 2:38am On Oct 17, 2015
aleem50:
God bless you for the beautiful reply.

Ise,amin,amen
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by tonytony208(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2015
RockMaxi:

Saraki's intelligence is beyond being the SP, if his calculations were right you may see him as the president.

Then I am seeing a fashola/saraki contest in 2019 Presidential race

1 Like

Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by hakanai(m): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2015
mikolo80:
that power, that power. na that power my prayer De
but I'm sure he will do well even in culture and tourism

Seems your prayers was answered o! grin
Wish him the very best!!!
Re: Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening by mikolo80: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2015
hakanai:

Seems your prayers was answered o! grin
Wish him the very best!!!
he will not do his best, Just enough to get promoted, he's a politician first but still better than anyone else that we know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanley Nwabia TheRealMrStan Is Dead / Tinubu Saved Our Lives - Conjoined Twins (Photo) / PHOTO: Patience Jonathan Now An Evangelist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.