Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,498 members, 7,843,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure (4713 Views)

Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by cbrass(m): 5:34am On Oct 16, 2015
Business activities paralyzed as Akure youths clash with Igbo traders

the capital of Ondo State, has remained grounded since Tuesday following a clash between Igbo indigenes and Akure youths.

The Akure youths accused the Igbos of disrespecting their monarch, the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladelusi Aladetoyinbo.

This followed the alleged refusal of the Igbos to obey the instruction given by the monarch.

DAILY POST gathered that the youths were furious over the manner the Eze-Ndigbo of Akure, sir, Gregory Iloehike allegedly addressed the Deji in his palace, when he (Iloehike) was invited.

A palace source disclosed that trouble started between the Deji and Igbo residents, following the installation of an Igbo man as the chairman of one of the markets in Akure by the Eze-Ndigbo.

Oba Aladetoyinbo was said to have been angry, having felt that it was a taboo for an Igbo man to rule over a market in Akure.

It was gathered that the Akure monarch immediately summoned Iloehike but that to his surprise, the Eze-Ndigbo wore his crown to the Deji’s palace, an action said to be against the tradition of Akure.

Irked by his attitude and responses to allegations leveled against him, the Chiefs and some youths who were in the palace ordered him to remove his crown.

Deji of Akure was said to have suspended him from parading himself as Eze-Ndigbo.

This development sent a wrong signal to the Igbo residents, who mobilized themselves to the palace, ordering the Deji to reverse his earlier statement on Iloehike.

But they were unlucky as Akure youths flogged them out of the palace.

Since the incident occurred on Tuesday, the Igbos, who dominate the Oba-Adesida road have refused to open for business.

Rather, on Wednesday morning, they converged on their secretariat located at Gbogi Street, Akure as early as 7.00am and warned the Akure monarch against his plan to dethrone the Eze Ndigbo.

They insisted that the traditional ruler had no power to dethrone Iloehike.

The embattled Eze Ndigbo explained that he had not been rude to the Deji of Akure since he ascended the throne about six months ago, adding that he contributed immensely to the installation of the monarch.

According to him “the Deji called me around 8.48pm last sunday inviting me to his palace and I honoured his invitation on monday morning. I went with one of my Chiefs, but when I got to the palace, I saw youths numbering over 200 who started shouting as I entered. I suspected that the youths were mobilized by the monarch and I showed respect to the Deji by prostrating for him.

“The monarch while addressing me at his palace threatened to drive all the Igbos in Akure out of the city and when I asked for the offence my people committed, the youths at the palace descended on me. They tore my beads and removed my crown. They attempted to beat me but the Police officers at the Palace rescued me.”

The Eze Ndigbo said the invitation by the monarch was the first he would receive from him since the monarch ascended the throne, pointing out that Igbos had been living harmoniously in Akure for over 70 years without friction with the natives.

The spokesman for the Deji-in-Council who is the Asamo of Akureland, High Chief Olusanya was not in his palace for comments.

He also could not pick calls made to him by our correspondent

Source http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/14/business-activities-paralyzed-as-akure-youths-clash-with-igbo-traders/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by jlinkd78(m): 5:41am On Oct 16, 2015
not good at all

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by cbrass(m): 5:41am On Oct 16, 2015
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by cbrass(m): 5:42am On Oct 16, 2015
jlinkd78:
not good at all

Yea cry
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by aloeplant: 5:42am On Oct 16, 2015
Strange !!.... Your host deserves respect!!!

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by deathmen12: 5:46am On Oct 16, 2015
Igbos, fighting lazy fight since 1960, they dont even knw whre to start, and they want to have a country...rubish

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by ademega(m): 5:47am On Oct 16, 2015
Nairaland tribe hatred taking to real life. smh ...

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by ademega(m): 5:47am On Oct 16, 2015
Nairaland tribe hatred taking to real life. smh ...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 16, 2015
aloeplant:

some igbos are just fooools......really why should the eze-igbo akure go to the deji when he can send emmisaries Yoruba people dont like igbos and yet igbos foolishly see the yorubas as brothers......smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by SkyBlue1: 5:50am On Oct 16, 2015
This is not good . . . . we can't afford to go down this road as a country . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by cbrass(m): 5:59am On Oct 16, 2015
basbone:

some igbos are just fooools......really why should the eze-igbo akure go to the deji when he can send emmisaries Yoruba people dont like igbos and yet igbos foolishly see the yorubas as brothers......smh

It was the Deji that summoned him.

Btw yorubas don't hate igbos, infact I have 2 ibos here with me

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by modath(f): 6:01am On Oct 16, 2015
cbrass:

It was the Deji that summoned him.

Btw yorubas don't hate igbos, infact I have 2 ibos here with me

This was posted yesterday & had more than 30 pages of tribal missiles fired both ways...

What's your objective for posting it again today ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 16, 2015
aloeplant:
a foreigner comes to pay a yoruba king a visit on his invite and you beat him. Why didn't you first tell him what he did wrong and if he protests, result in a more civilised approach?

I was in ondo last week and I felt like I was in Onitsha cos everyone spoke igbo to me. They seemed excited that I was igbo..this news is kinda of the shock to me sha. That state Is a bane for igbos.

If the yorubas where this aggressive towards to fulanis by now illorin would have been a yoruba colony

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 16, 2015
Igbos like their jewish brothers dominate and exercise inordinate control of every market and financial system wherever they are. Two blessed races! Igbos dominate the market and should have the liberty to choose their market leader...Common sense!

Yorubas stop hating...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 16, 2015
basbone:

omoale, Igbos dont give a shit about yorubas. we Igbo youths resident in Southwest we treat you guys fvck up.

lazy baboons wanting to reap where they did not sow.

the next war in nigeria we be fought in Lagis axis

nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by inlandtaipan: 6:13am On Oct 16, 2015
ThankGod yorubas started all these.
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2015
ademega:
Nairaland tribe hatred taking to real life. smh

respect is reciprocal. the residents also need respect
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 16, 2015
I dont blame them sha,cos only uncivilised people will resort to violence over perceive insults.we dont do that in lagos or in the east

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by hinwazaka: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2015
The monarch will pay with his LIFE.
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by inlandtaipan: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2015
hinwazaka:
The monarch will pay with his LIFE.
that one is certain but lets treat the root of the envious act First.
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by hinwazaka: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2015
OJUcrook:
story for the gods.

I thought you often foolishly say that Nigerians are the one stopping you from going back to Biafra, why dont you tell the Heeebos in Akure to come back to Biafra.

The Heeebos in Akure were humiliated and severely dealt with because of their insolence, and Similar fate await you all in other parts of Nigeria if you continue with you obduracy.

The Jews were persecuted and murdered by Hitler and the Germans. But today, they run the banking world of Germany. Keep on digging your graves, for sooner than you think, you Will be our SLAVES!

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2015
OJUcrook:
[s]story for the gods.

I thought you often foolishly say that Nigerians are the one stopping you from going back to Biafra, why dont you tell the Heeebos in Akure to come back to Biafra.

The Heeebos in Akure were humiliated and severely dealt with because of their insolence, and Similar fate await you all in other parts of Nigeria if you continue with you obduracy. [/s]

yoruba lazy maggot...get away from here

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2015
modath:

This was posted yesterday & had more than 30 pages of tribal missiles fired both ways...

What's your objective for posting it again today ?
I wonder o
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by patrick89(m): 7:00am On Oct 16, 2015
ademega:
Nairaland tribe hatred taking to real life. smh
rubbish before I discovered nairaland in 2006, yoruba have been hating on igbo, they call them derogatory names. Not saying that igbo do not reply. But yoruba are tribalist, they claim to be respectful. Their so called respect is only for them alone.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Iykopee(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2015
They invited some1 to the palace and organised palace thugs to beat him up. Such bravery is neva found anywhere in Nigeria only in hoeruba land. If the yorubastards are brave enough, they shud beat up that man in the presence of his own people. Then lets see how it goes. Useless people.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by azzima(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2015
adeitoro:

omoale, Igbos dont give a shit about yorubas. we Igbo youths resident in Southwest we treat you guys fvck up.

lazy baboons wanting to reap where they did not sow.

the next war in nigeria we be fought in Lagis axis

nonsense
why can't you just do all these chest beatings back in Biafra then?
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by tobisco29(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2015
Beware of the yorubas Ibos are toying at our land
Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 16, 2015
Na so dem (daily post) twist this news?
I have neither sympathy nor regrets, it serves the man right. Igbo's, think home; the time is now. With Hausa's, you know where you stand and work with them, with these people hmmmm!!! undecided
Abeg, sell your mansions and invest at home, if they can't afford them use them as collateral and get loans from banks.... At the end, think home NOW!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2015
It was "Igbo's are too dominant in Public Service in the 60's". Now it is "Igbo's are too dominant while minding their private business in a federation". One of these groups want to pull the other down.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Clash With Igbos In Akure by ellabooz(f): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2015
Our late hero Ojukwu made it clear before his death. He said since they have refuse to us go,Nigeria belongs to we all and it's no man's land. And if there is need to fight, do it with all your might and with the last drop of your blood. Nigeria belongs to all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Photos; Woman Allegedly Shot In The Stomach During Aba Biafra Protest / Buhari Stole N2.8 Billion As Oil Minister– Alison Madueke / The Polytechnic Ibadan: Fayose HND Certificate Didn't Originate From Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.