Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread (10367 Views)

Shot UNIPORT Student, Gina Buried (pics) / Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2005
Great UNIPORT.

There is a race set before all those who ever went to University of Portharcourt. Rivers State

I want to see 1000 graduants of Uniport become members of this forum before 31st December 2005. If we meet the target, i have gifts for everyone on 15th January 2006.

If you were ever in Uniport, please post here and invite others. Tell us your name, course read, year of graduation and your present office/company.

NB: If you didn't go to UNIPORT but have friends who did, kindly tell them please.

I will start the race.

Name: Olu Joseph
Course: Political and Administrative Studies
Graduated in 1992
Company: MD/CEO Sephix Limited (An IT Company) in Abuja.

Great UNIPORT, let us start posting.............................................

Olu smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by layi(m): 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2005
I attended UNIPORT
I stayed at NUH Hall B While there
I was admitted in 1999
I did Medicine for 3 years before movin to Lasucom...

I'll never forget the great OFIRIMA hall, Deltarizations, The crab, Choba village etc

I am CEO of NaijaGearz (clothing), Chopsticks (eatery)and Dexel Media (web design firm)
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2005
Hi Layi and it is good to hear that you once attended UNIPORT.

Mmmm, no one can ever forget the great OFIRIMA hall, Deltarizations, The crab, Choba village, Rumuola, Shell Camp and all those nice places in Portharcourt city.

In my days 1988 - 1992, the ARENA and PS Hall were all that we could celebrate in ABUJA but i am sure new structures are all over the place.

What happened to the Medical facilities in ABUJA? Hope the medical school is now up and running there.

More Great UNIPORT graduates/attendees should relive their days on campus here.

Cheers

Olu
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by lotanna(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2005
my name is ike charles lotanna
majored in political, and adminstrative studiess
graduated in the year 2002
currently running an MBA.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by fabian(f): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2005
Sawry, I wasn't at Uniport, though I was at the Secondary School, so I like all things Uniport. Big ups to you guys!
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2005
Lotana how is PH now, crowded i believe. It was a little neat city in my days. Hope to storm the City with an Ecommerce seminar next year. Sure will invite you.

Fabian, thanks for the commendation. What business are you into?

More guys should be told about this forum and this post.

Cheers

Olu
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2005
Name: Otaroghene Otokunefor
PGD (Accounting) 2002 - 2003
MBA (Accounting) 2004 - 2006

Presently working at Alpha Serodiagnostics Limited, Port Harcourt.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2005
Hi Otokx and is great hearing that you work in a cybercafe in PH. I hope you are maximizing the free Internet access and not just chatting, ticketing and checking mails. You know you can become an infopreneur or ideapreneur, netpreneur in that cafe. Think about it and take an action.

Guys, did you know that Hilda Dokubo, Ejike Asiegbu, Bob Manuel, Francis Duru, Charles Okafor and many great Nigerian actors and actresses graduated from Uniport?

Let's get more people sign up here.

Cheers

Olu
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2005
its being rumored that UNIPORT will be hosting the West African Universities Games come December 2005
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by commie: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2005
Hi
Im comfort my friends call me commie
im presently a student of uniport 400L
I hope to graduate next yr.

hmm I'll say Olu keep up the good works.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2005
welcome to nairaland commie.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by larger20(m): 2:26am On Nov 29, 2005
My sister went there.. graduated with economics.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2005
really
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by larger20(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2005
Yes..really
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by charlysasa: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2005
MY NAME IS CHARLES
I was popularly known in school as Charlie champagne
I studied Chemical Engineering
I was admitted into the University in 1996 as a basic student
By 1997 having completed my basic studies started studied in the Department of Chemical engineering.
In my 2nd year I was elected the DIRECTOR of SOCIALS of the NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES ENGINEERING STUDENTS ASSOCIATION (NUESA) ,
At the expiration of my tenure lots of students were pleading that i step up to the highest student ruling body SUG ,considering my effectiveness for far,this offer I declined,because i had to put my academic records in order
In my 4th Year I finally succumbed to pressure as i may say, contested for the office of the Director of Socials,this i won with a landslide victory.
As the Director of socials alot happened!!!
Some i would not want to remeber cos if i do tears run down my eyes.
I could proudly say that the first ever black miss world was my student, i was the DOS,in fact on the 7th Dec, the day she won the beauty peagant we have already planned a show for that day, which she(AGBANI DAREGO)was to be a presenter,a nominee nd luckily a recipient of of an award,the climax of the night came went i was informed that AGBANI has won the miss world contest, i could not hold back the joy in me, i had to break all the protocol of the show jumped up 2 the stage in ARENA and anounced to the entire UNIPORT students ,in my words "AGBANI IS THE QUEEN",the whole of Arena was throw into a carnival ground thsi was how the show ended and people danced,drank till the next morning.
I will not forget in a hurry the demonstration i single handedly spearheaded in the university against the MAN O WAR!
when the started all sorts of humilation,victimization and abuse of the privilege given to them by the university authourity,I chased all of them packing from the university;and guess what we searched there rooms one by one , we found 23 short guns,12 locally made pistol,tear gas,swords and other military weapons!
One begins to ask are these students(undergraduates or cadete member)
After about 2 week there was a meeting among the SUG the University authourity and the MAN O WAR
once again peace returned on campus.
During my administration, i founded and funded the popular STUDENS AGAINST THE SPREAD OF AIDS(SASA)
This organisation grew so big that SFH and UNICEF began to sponsor its activities
Today SASA is existing in over 152 Universities in the world
SASA has also produced NASA (NIGERIANS AGAINST THE SPREAD OF AIDS)
At the National convention of the Alumni in july 2005, i was elected the PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER(WORLDWIDE)
Presently, I am studying In Germany.
PLS CHECK OUT OUR NEWLY DEVELOPED GROUP;AT UNIPORT ALUMNI(WORLDWIDE) GROUP AT HI5
we need people like you!
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by larger20(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2005
charlysasa:

MY NAME IS CHARLES
I was popularly known in school as Charlie champagne
I studied Chemical Engineering
I was admitted into the University in 1996 as a basic student
By 1997 having completed my basic studies started studied in the Department of Chemical engineering.
In my 2nd year I was elected the DIRECTOR of SOCIALS of the NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES ENGINEERING STUDENTS ASSOCIATION (NUESA) ,
At the expiration of my tenure lots of students were pleading that i step up to the highest student ruling body SUG ,considering my effectiveness for far,this offer I declined,because i had to put my academic records in order
In my 4th Year I finally succumbed to pressure as i may say, contested for the office of the Director of Socials,this i won with a landslide victory.
As the Director of socials alot happened!!!
Some i would not want to remeber because if i do tears run down my eyes.
I could proudly say that the first ever black miss world was my student, i was the DOS,in fact on the 7th Dec, the day she won the beauty peagant we have already planned a show for that day, which she(AGBANI DAREGO)was to be a presenter,a nominee nd luckily a recipient of of an award,the climax of the night came went i was informed that AGBANI has won the miss world contest, i could not hold back the joy in me, i had to break all the protocol of the show jumped up 2 the stage in ARENA and anounced to the entire UNIPORT students ,in my words "AGBANI IS THE QUEEN",the whole of Arena was throw into a carnival ground thsi was how the show ended and people danced,drank till the next morning.
I will not forget in a hurry the demonstration i single handedly spearheaded in the university against the MAN O WAR!
when the started all sorts of humilation,victimization and abuse of the privilege given to them by the university authourity,I chased all of them packing from the university;and guess what we searched there rooms one by one , we found 23 short guns,12 locally made pistol,tear gas,swords and other military weapons!
One begins to ask are these students(undergraduates or cadete member)
After about 2 week there was a meeting among the SUG the University authourity and the MAN O WAR
once again peace returned on campus.
During my administration, i founded and funded the popular STUDENS AGAINST THE SPREAD OF AIDS(SASA)
This organisation grew so big that SFH and UNICEF began to sponsor its activities
Today SASA is existing in over 152 Universities in the world
SASA has also produced NASA (NIGERIANS AGAINST THE SPREAD OF AIDS)
At the National convention of the Alumni in july 2005, i was elected the PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER(WORLDWIDE)
Presently, I am studying In Germany.
PLS CHECK OUT OUR NEWLY DEVELOPED GROUP;AT UNIPORT ALUMNI(WORLDWIDE) GROUP AT HI5
we need people like you!

You are the bomb! Keep the good work up and running
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2006
Na wa 4 me o.

Can you imaging that i have not even collected my original certificate from the school since i left in 1992.

Hope to come over to PH before March 2006 and i will definetly come to the School.

Olu
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2006
when coming to collect your certificate please come with some amount of naira. you will be required to do a clearance which will necessitate your going round some offices namely your department, faculty office, library, health center and finally alumni office. At all this points you will part with nothing less than 5h (even at the banks). If your lucky it may take 3 days if your not perhaps 7 days.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2006
@larger_20

what happens as a result of man o war is a reflection of the society we are in. during the festive periods i was awaken by sporadic and heavy gunfire coming from the choba campus of the university where the banks are situated. I live in the staff quarters across the road in the abuja campus. for over 2 hours between 2am and 4am there was a continuous exchange of heavy automatic gun fire. All through this time there was no electricity so the night was calm and staccato sound very clear and seemed to be just happening outside the house.

it was the following day that we learnt that armed robbers tried to gain access to the UBA bank and that the 2 or 3 mopol on duty ran for their dear lives at the sound of the guns. it was the man o war that u say u disarmed that finally gave this armed robbers a little problem with their load - shoot - and reload gun. By the way the robbers shot their way in through the only entrance and went out the same way. Luckily they got tired with the tactics of the man o war boys who being familiar with the terrain made a sport of them.

two years ago, uniport was invaded by cultists from the state university in search of some man o war boys who had harrassed their member in the hostel making the boy to roll in the gutter. For three days unending these armed cultists came every evening shooting, robbing and maiming. The current VC who was lecturing us that fateful day was made to lie face down in the class and we were all robbed of all our valuables, money and mobile phones. The man o war boys had to temporarily relocate to off camp because it was very terrible no fewer than 6 people died and not by stray bullets as this cultists had their hit list.

what am i saying? what goes on in our universities, political strata etc is a reflection of what happens in the society. Right now UBA has employed over 10 MOPOL to protect their banks but we know that when those armed bandits come back even a 100 MOPOL cannot stop them. 2 days ago, armed bandits went to a multinational oil french company and robbed the cash office in a 30 minute operation in the afternoon between 2pm and 3pm. The 9 dead include 7 innocent policemen, 1 contract staff and 1 accountant. what happens to the families of this ordinary people?

Conclusion
Man O War has its good and bad sides. They exist because of some high ranking people.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2006
Hi Otokx,

Thanks for the information. I will be well prepared when coming to PH

Man O War was never an issue in my days at UNIPORT. Who gave them such enormous power on campus?

Olu
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2006
ur welcome Olu,

rain fell very heavily in UNIPORT yesterday. I wonder where is the harmattan?
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2006
You should come over to Abuja.

Night and morning are always cold while the afternoon is always hot. No rain at all.

Sorry, one funny rain fell a few days ago in my little town, Kubwa, Abuja for just 2minutes.

Olu
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by farristel: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2006
Great Uniport!
Great Uniport !!
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!
Graduated 2000 and was the valedictorian for my set.
Finished my masters and working on my doctorate.
Olu, kudoos for a job well done.
Regards,
Farristel
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OkonAndy(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2006
My Name is Andrew Okon
I graduated in 1997 from Petroleum Engineering. Wow, look like forever but it just nine years ago and lots has happen since. Been working with Exxonmobil Nigeria from Youth Service to date.
I do have fun memory of my Uniport days and I'm really very proud of what is happening in Petroleum Engineering department. If I ever have the time, will love to return there for my master and in the process get to pick up my certificate.

Is there a Uniport Alumni section in Lagos and can somebody help me with the contact details?
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 5:46pm On May 30, 2006
the liasion office at Lagos wont help you much. You have to come to UNIPORT and pick up your certificate. Bring between 5k - 10k when coming.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2006
where are all my yupee guys?
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2006
sug week starts today
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by ogbechie(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2006
Olu my very good friend- how google has brought me to realise u were a student of uniport. i believe b4 u got married to ur lovely wife and God blessed beautiful daughter, u really enjoyed the bliss of delta park and the comfort of the love garden!
so nice to had seen ur name nos 1 on this page, please keep it on
chinedu ogbechie (once consulted for maxcom under ogban)
cheers
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by OluAbuja(m): 11:30am On Aug 05, 2006
Na wa 4 u Chinedu,

I got your text and replied. Wetin dey happen for Maxcom now?

Heard that my boy, Ben left too.

Let me invite you to an explosive seminar on Google adwords coming up on 12th August 2006 here in Abuja. Send a mail to my googlewealth@abujainternetclub.com for details.

Cheers,
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by maxwellA2(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2006
Hi , my name is Maxwell Amogu . I graduated in '03 , read management , stayed in 12 Wiche lane ,currently in Enugu and working with Reckkit Benckiser.
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by YSuleiman: 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
Hi guys.Truly UNIPORT is indeed UNIQUE. i must say a big thanks to those behind this.let me use this medium to encourage other uniport students and alumni that are yet to be part of this to join us.My name is Yemi Suleiman smiley
Re: UNIPORT Student and Alumni Thread by hazeleyes(f): 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2007
OK, this is by far so late but was just going through this and came about this.

I went to Uniport and graduated 1994, based in the uk, currently working as a project analyst with a big energy firm in the the north of England,was meant to relocate to 9ija last year but changed plans.
Big up to all ex uniport students in the uk. smiley smiley smiley smiley
[i][/i]

(1) (2) (Reply)

ANSU COOU 2017/2018 Departmental Cut Off Marks / Cross River Assembly To Rename CRUTECH, Make It A Conventional University / The 2009 GFN-ASUU Agreement Honoured For Strike To End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.