Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,804 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Constitution Amendment Bill To Be Re-transmitted For Buhari’s Assent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Amendment Bill To Be Re-transmitted For Buhari’s Assent (458 Views)

Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent / Public Procurement Amendment Bill Passed By Senate / 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Constitution Amendment Bill To Be Re-transmitted For Buhari’s Assent by teeebugs: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2015
Following the refusal of former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, to assent to the fourth constitution amendment bill before the expiration of his administration, the National Assembly would re-transmit the bill to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.

The bill includes provisions for independent candidates to contest for political offices without the platform of political parties.

These details were disclosed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, when he met with the. Chief Observer of the European Union Election Observation Mission (EUEOM) for the 2015 General Elections, Mr. Santiago Fisas, in Abuja last Wednesday.

According to a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Turaki Hassan, the Speaker said the bill was alive in both chambers of the National Assembly.

“It is one of the casualties of the non-signing of the bill by the former president. I want to assure you that we will definitely revisit that amendment as it increases the democratic space and more citizen participation in the electoral process. I wish to inform you that some of the recommendations by the mission such as independent candidature has received the support of the National Assembly,” he said.

Dogara expressed Nigeria’s commitment to building and strengthening democracy, so that it does not only meet domestic aspirations, but is in line with international best practices.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/10/constitution-amendment-bill-to-be-re-transmitted-for-buharis-assent/
Re: Constitution Amendment Bill To Be Re-transmitted For Buhari’s Assent by yhemsy62(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2015
Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.
Nlers today is my day, pls show some love. Happy birthday to me. Cheers
Re: Constitution Amendment Bill To Be Re-transmitted For Buhari’s Assent by Vicadonis(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2015
Not a bad idea

(1) (Reply)

Clark, The Father, Jonathan, The Son By Reuben Abati / On Buhari, Apc And Criminals. In Response To Amaechi's Letter To Senate / Kwara Lecturer Turns Labourer Over Non-payment Of Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.