Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted (6295 Views)

Pls Let's Share This Till It Gets To Fashola And The Lagos Police Commisioner / Ekiti Inec Boss Quits, Resignation Not Accepted: / Ekiti Inec Resident Commissioner Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by horlla(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
INEC Commisioner in Ekiti has forwarded her resignation to the presidency and The FG says no it is not accepted. meanwhile IG of police has declared her wanted. What game do you think is going on

THEY WANT TO DO WURUWURU to the answer again!!!
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agabaI23(m): 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2009
It could be that
1. He does not want to be part of the rigging
OR
2. His asking price was not met
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
welcome to the:

BANANA REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agabaI23(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
lol
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by blacksta(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
grin grin grin grin

rig or die
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agabaI23(m): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
The third possibility is that both parties were threatening him.
Not sure who to support and be safe the guy took to his heels. d o not forget that MEND is still much around grin
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by deor03(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2009
She said she is under pressure to declare a result that is against her conscience.

For once, I see someone resigning a position because of beliefs and I salute her for the courage.

She is my latest heroin
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by bawomolo(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2009
deor03:

She said she is under pressure to declare a result that is against her conscience.

For once, I see someone resigning a position because of beliefs and I salute her for the courage.

She is my latest heroin

definitely, she is going out like a champ
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by generalzango(m): 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2009
PDP & dia wuru wuru,but i trust d Great Ekiti DEMOCRATS 4 not given them chance.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by lucabrasi(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
its highly probabale that her resignation was
1.unexpected,hence was a big embarassement both for the government and the pdp party aparatus,already the lady is beco
ming a matyr of some sort,and they want the police to demistify her before it gets out of hand.

2.due to the fact that weighty allegations and counter allegations were flying to and from both the ac and pdp on the cause of her resignation,it behoves the i.g to call her in to make an official report especially considering the security situation in ekiti which needs to be diffused, all in all this will be very interesting to see how it plays out,if nothing ekiti has broken a couple of records
1.first to withstand the pdp rigging aparatus
2.an individual in a high position in nigeria honourably resigning
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by walata44(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
The best thing this woman should have done first, is to call a press conference and tell Nigerian why she is resigning. But still, kudos to you.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by oderemo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
where is MRS REBRANDING. this is the real rebranding.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by blacksta(m): 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2009
ode remo:

where is MRS REBRANDING. this is the real rebranding.

so true . where the hell is dora - in any other sensible nation the ministry of information will be buzzing
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by proudly9ja(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2009
walata44:

The best thing this woman should have done first, is to call a press conference and tell Nigerian why she is resigning. But still, kudos to you.

You wan kill the poor woman for her children and grandchildren ni?lol
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by oderemo(m): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2009

typical nigerian. always waiting for someone to bell the cat.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2009
ode remo:

typical nigerian. always waiting for someone to bell the cat.

It is not about waiting for someone to bell the cat. Nobody pushed her there, she went there, She rang the bell, what is wrong with wishing she had told us why? She could have easily walked out without the sparks!
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by oderemo(m): 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
She could have easily walked out without the sparks!
knowing her post how could she easily walked out?
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
ode remo:

knowing her post how could she easily walked out?

By not including the allegations made in her resignation letter? I mean if I accused you of being a theif, would you not want to know what proof I have? Or would you be willing to accept the "some Nigerians steal, hence you are a theif" debate? If I have no intentions of telling you, why even mention it?

How long will we continue to accept this culture where everyone seems to claim to have dirt on everyone else, but no one really ever provides evidence to support the claims? I still think and hope that in days and weeks to come, she opens up and reveals what she knows.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
most people on nairaland are kids

Let us see all the resignation letters people tendered in the run up to Iraq war and see how many told the story!!!

Resignation letters are never memoirs

They are mostly brief and most times the most honourable thing is to give the system an opportunity to correct itself by not demonising it. Just resign in protest to send a signal but you have to do it quietly.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by oderemo(m): 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2009
I
still think and hope that in days and weeks to come, she opens up and reveals what she knows.

kobo i hope so , but we must all agree onething that people in power all over the world all have state secrets they must take to their graves , this might be one of them.  or you think OBJ does not know who kill bola ige/, or babaginda doesn't know who kill dele giwa,   or will Ojukwu says he doesn't know how col. banjo dies , these and many more are secrets people take to their graves  well i hope this is not one of them.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2009
ode remo:

I

kobo i hope so , but we must all agree onething that people in power all over the world all have state secrets they must take to their graves , this might be one of them. or you think OBJ does not know who kill bola ige/, or babaginda doesn't know who kill dele giwa, or will Ojukwu says he doesn't know how col. banjo dies , these and many more are secrets people take to their graves well i hope this is not one of them.
Mind you, Dele Giwa was a true Whistle blower. He was actually killed for revealing information. So, no even put am in the same league with this woman, please!

Ever notice how so many of them seem to have dirt on the others that they would take to their graves while we the Nigerian people are left to our imaginations and our delusions in the end??
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by oderemo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2009
Ever notice how so many of them seem to have dirt on the others that they would take to their graves while we the Nigerian people are left to our imaginations and our delusions in the end??

tru niger style , maybe we can trade these secrets on the stock xchange. value for moni.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
What's she wanted for?

Are these ppl serious?

Anywaz, whatever happened at night reveals itself at daylight
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agboifo(f): 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2009
Her resignation letter (attached)

Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by debosky(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Mind you, Dele Giwa was a true Whistle blower. He was actually killed for revealing information. So, no even put am in the same league with this woman, please!

So she must be killed to enter the 'league'.  undecided

You Nigerians should stand for integrity like she has done - the more of you that stand up the better. Unfortunately most of you are cowards who will not rise to her defence when the chips are down. I won't blame her if she decides to watch her own back first of all - too many people have died and their killers never brought to book. Nigerians have notoriously short memories - she will be forgotten soon whether she speaks up or not.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Apr 28, 2009
ode remo:

tru niger style , maybe we can trade these secrets on the stock xchange. value for moni.

I am just saying . . . . lol . . . that excuse don tire me!! people need information. No be tommorow again, we go read Sahara report, and 234Next's version of the news and then wonder if Tribune, and This Day got it's news from the same source or were paid off by the government. lol
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by samorijack(m): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
I's like to hear that bitch Dora Akunyili spin this one. Yaradua and the rest of our politcal elite are just sick bleeps smiley
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agabaI23(m): 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am just saying . . . . lol . . . that excuse don tire me!! people need information. No be tommorow again, we go read Sahara report, and 234Next's version of the news and then wonder if Tribune, and This Day got it's news from the same source or were paid off by the government. lol

Since Adeniyi became the mouth piece of Yar'Adua, I became a bit careful with Thisday publication. I may be wrong though.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 29, 2009
samorijack:

I's like to hear that bitch Dora Akunyili spin this one. Yaradua and the rest of our politcal elite are just sick bleeps smiley

I think its uncalled to call dora a bitch

the woman has done nothing wrong

she has not been at the vanguard of spinning yar'adua's lies

she only tried to make something of her portfolio given the difficult circumstances surrounding her job
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agabaI23(m): 12:16am On Apr 29, 2009
mikeansy:

I think its uncalled to call dora a bitch

the woman has done nothing wrong

she has not been at the vanguard of spinning yar'adua's lies

she only tried to make something of her portfolio given the difficult circumstances surrounding her job
Does anything keep her from resigning? must she be in that fraudlent cabinet? Was she forced to take the position?

She was my hero but I am not sure anymore. I guess she is a bit poer hungry. Look at Nnamani, I still respect him until he misbehaves. i hope not.
Let her resign if she finds the circumstances around her difficult to deal with without jeopardizing her integrity
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 29, 2009
If all the good people run away from Government only bad people will rule

If she resigned them go manufacture all sorts of corruption from NAFDAC accuse her.

We dont have credible institutions, its high risk at times to be unncessarily stubborn.

I dont think its wrong for a former NAFDAC boss to accept a ministerial position and their is nothing wrong to be information minister.

I have seen people work as Defence Secretary, Health Secretary and Home Secretary . . . . . now dont tell me all of those positions can be classified in the same genre except they are cabinet positions
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Apr 29, 2009
agabaI23:

Does anything keep her from resigning? must she be in that fraudlent cabinet? Was she forced to take the position?
@Agaba123, are you suggesting that “innocent” people, who knew exactly what it meant to work with government in Nigeria, out to resign now?

agabaI23:
She was my hero but I am not sure anymore. I guess she is a bit poer hungry. Look at Nnamani, I still respect him until he misbehaves. i hope not.
Let her resign if she finds the circumstances around her difficult to deal with without jeopardizing her integrity

Well, has she really tarnished her image? In my opinion, she has yet to do that. She has, by my standards, made a couple of blunders but if we urge that people who have a conscience resign, who then do we expect to be there for us? And how do we get information that we may need in our fight to take back Nigeria for the people?
What good will her resignation do anyone? Seriously, what good? She knew what she was signing up for when she applied to take the job so why ask her to resign?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Problem Of Yorubas / $700 Million Raw Cash Found In The Home Of Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-ma / See Who Will Become Governor If OBASEKI Is Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.