Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi (32801 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi Speaks On The 50th Year Of Aguiyi Ironsi's Death / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rebelutionary:

Brillant! The answers to these questions you asked would have gotten subsidy off our shelves when GEJ wanted it, dnt u think so?

You kno readin through folks like you is very easy;
If PMB removes subsidy just lyk GEJ did, you will be d first to shout urselves hoarse that he is doing d same thing when he and his party ddnt support him then!

If PMB removes subsidy just lyk GEJ did and Labour come knocking and other civil societies hit d street, u wl laugh and give urselves a Hi 5 even when it affects you and say "Karma is a b*tch!

Did you answer my questions... Why not go back and attempt them now ? ...
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Rebelutionary: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Did you answer my questions... Why not go back and attempt them now ? ...
You seem nt to get why I said "Brilliant". I dd because ur questions are answers in themselves in letting go of subsidy payments!
Anywy as an answer to your questions
1.Get our refineries working whether as a FG owned enterprise or unbundle in a transparent process the ones we cant handle lyk kachukwu posited.
2. Transportation: you can read ben bruce novel idea on transport palliative measures here emmanonline.com/howtoimprovefueleconomy/tag/palliative-for-removal-of-fuel-subsidy-in-nigeria/ . Ideas like this encourage buy in on a touchy subject like subsidy removal and its far reaching effects-the positives of its removal notwithstanding!
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rebelutionary:

You seem nt to get why I said "Brilliant". I dd because ur questions are answers in themselves in letting go of subsidy payments!
Anywy as an answer to your questions
1.Get our refineries working whether as a FG owned enterprise or unbundle in a transparent process the ones we cant handle lyk kachukwu posited.
2. Transportation: you can read ben bruce novel idea on transport palliative measures here emmanonline.com/howtoimprovefueleconomy/tag/palliative-for-removal-of-fuel-subsidy-in-nigeria/ . Ideas like this encourage buy in on a touchy subject like subsidy removal and its far reaching effects-the positives of its removal notwithstanding!

1)My questions aren't answers in themselves... but was meant to magnify the emptiness and pettiness of your initial post...

2)State owned refineries may hardly work...government has no business being in business... And buhari can NOT easily remove subsidy because the subsidy thieves and major beneficiaries brought him to power and will turn the stack against him if he dare go against them...Ever wondered why he's finding reasons now to justify and maintain what he claimed severally he doesn't understand or know...

3)Nigeria has no appointment with progress when all she's got are hypocrites and double timers like buhari and supporters ...

4)Your link on Ben Bruce isn't right...get it right and drop for me again... thanks
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by erico2k2(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rebelutionary:

Wow..
Well-read economist, pls I have few questions
What did OBJ, Yaradua pay for subsidy?
On assumption of office what did GEJ pay for subsidy and what dd he pay in subsequent years in office?
How come from publicly available data there was a geometric rise in the subsidy payments in subsequent yrs of GEJ administration?

To cut short ur search for data to answer my questions u can check the link below or you can even find contrary data to prove data subsidy payment is not falling.

whitepagesng.com/blog/nigeria-spends-n4-9trn-in-7-years-on-fuel-subsidies/
or this
sweetcrudereports.com/2015/10/13/nigeria-spends-n4tr-on-subsidy-payments-in-seven-years/
you are missing the point, I have seen that publication B4,if you read between the line, of waht i wrote up there, its the ABC of petrolume subsidy.The problem we have in Nigeria is not the subsidy but the corruption associated with it, These corrupt officials are neither i n government or elected, these individuals have been in these position for more than 30 years.its teh NNPC.The fraud are committed in different stages demand and supply and payments.You are trying to compare OBJ and GEj in terms of payments and cost,let me draw your attention to cost of import during teh two eras.ask yourself how much was the dollar to naira then, if we import 1M ltr 1998 to 2001 say the exchange rates was 150 and these days the exchange rate is 220, waht do you think will be the true cost Do you remember the strike just after the election? if you do you will remember the importers striked cos they claimed FG owed them, do you know what the wanted then? they were claiming there had been a rise in teh cost of foreign exchange ie the dollar has gained on the naira dn they want the FG to pay the diff.SO my friend 1M dollars in OBJ time is deff lesser than 1M dolars in modern times.Moreso I will like to see the new publications of howmuch would be paid in subsidy this quarter.Now let me pick you brain, if you was PMB how will you reduce subsidy dnt say by reducing corruption cos we know U av to kill all the thieves in NNPC including BABA himself to achieve this.so go on tell me how if you was PMB, your answer will tell you teh true sorry state of Nigeria.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by erico2k2(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)My questions aren't answers in themselves... but was meant to magnify the emptiness and pettiness of your initial post...

2)State owned refineries may hardly work...government has no business being in business... And buhari can NOT easily remove subsidy because the subsidy thieves and major beneficiaries brought him to power and will turn the stack against him if he dare go against them...Ever wondered why he's finding reasons now to justify and maintain what he claimed severally he doesn't understand or know...

3)Nigeria has no appointment with progress when all she's got are hypocrites and double timers like buhari and supporters ...

4)Your link on Ben Bruce isn't right...get it right and drop for me again... thanks
Let me just add here, if Nigeria produce petrol, it will cost about N200/;itre in the first instance, can we survive on that?
look howmuch the mobile phone credit cost initialy though we puled fru but unlike petrol we where not used to mobiles by then

1 Like

Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by erico2k2(m): 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
Rebelutionary:

Oops my bad...I was typin in d heat of d moment...but u do get my point dnt u?
I did but GEJ removed it partially, removing subsidy will kill us we know but i think we all have to put our monies where our mouth is.The UK govt subsidize Solar panels up to %70 to encourage green energy, in their own state corruption in this industry is like non existent.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Rebelutionary: 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

My initial post was to re-echo a positn by Nigerians during d subsidy removal saga n even d position of ds current govt.

2)State owned refineries MAY hardly work...government has no business being in business... And buhari can NOT easily remove subsidy because the subsidy thieves and major beneficiaries brought him to power and will turn the stack against him if he dare go against them... Yes, we were also told that our refineries wont work but d prevailing circumstance proves different. Anywy atleast u r nt speakin wt all certainty that we wont b able to handle it....Please I will lyk to kno who were d subsidy thieves that brought him to power"

emmanonline.com/howtoimprovefueleconomy/the-ben-bruce-plan-a-palliative-for-removal-of-fuel-subsidy.html

1 Like

Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Querty(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
Diezani my Crush!!

u are Great!!
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by coruso(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Don't disgrace yourself: states have their different laws (or edicts). That that of Lagos State, as Fashola said, doesn't empower the Governor to sign cheques, doesn't mean the same is obtained in all the states.
are you a learner?
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Rebelutionary: 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
erico2k2:

you are missing the point, I have seen that publication B4,if you read between the line, of waht i wrote up there, its the ABC of petrolume subsidy.The problem we have in Nigeria is not the subsidy but the corruption associated with it, These corrupt officials are neither i n government or elected, these individuals have been in these position for more than 30 years.its teh NNPC.The fraud are committed in different stages demand and supply and payments.You are trying to compare OBJ and GEj in terms of payments and cost,let me draw your attention to cost of import during teh two eras.ask yourself how much was the dollar to naira then, if we import 1M ltr 1998 to 2001 say the exchange rates was 150 and these days the exchange rate is 220, waht do you think will be the true cost Do you remember the strike just after the election? if you do you will remember the importers striked cos they claimed FG owed them, do you know what the wanted then? they were claiming there had been a rise in teh cost of foreign exchange ie the dollar has gained on the naira dn they want the FG to pay the diff.SO my friend 1M dollars in OBJ time is deff lesser than 1M dolars in modern times.Moreso I will like to see the new publications of howmuch would be paid in subsidy this quarter.Now let me pick you brain, if you was PMB how will you reduce subsidy dnt say by reducing corruption cos we know U av to kill all the thieves in NNPC including BABA himself to achieve this.so go on tell me how if you was PMB, your answer will tell you teh true sorry state of Nigeria.
Now u have taken "currency exchange" trajectory when u cdnt provide contrary data..hmm..anyway lets say I agree with ur submission, how com now dat d dollar is trading higher against our Naira than in GEJs time, subsidy payment has reduced?
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Rebelutionary: 11:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
erico2k2:

I did but GEJ removed it partially, removing subsidy will kill us we know but i think we all have to put our monies where our mouth is.The UK govt subsidize Solar panels up to %70 to encourage green energy, in their own state corruption in this industry is like non existent.
Yes, removing subsidy has multiplier effects that is why d argument has been for govt to put palliatives to cushion d effects of d shock dt wl follow...If only Gej had put in place a comprehensiv paliative plan and educated Nigerians on the need to remove subsidy we wont b havin ds discussion now!
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Eziachi: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Was Deziani in trouble because of her administrative policies or because she was accused of stealing public funds?
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Eziachi: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2015
Querty:
Diezani my Crush!!

u are Great!!
Get a life of your own. She is a grandma.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by ayindejimmy(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2015
Rad1cal:

Shut it you imbec1lic coward, has your Daura President [taking] her to court yet.

Fools like you saw Allison as the genesis of your pathetic lives when such queries should be directed to those who sired you.

Please, Bros
It is "taken" not " taking".
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by ayztech(f): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Eziachi:
Get a life of your own. She is a grandma.

What has that got to do with anything?

Besides, you wouldn't know if Querty is a grandpa.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by omokab: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2015
Pavarottii:

Since u dumb brain. Feels it is informed. Wat did the UK court and EFCC say about her. Please I kindly need an answer.
Swegbe!
oponu! Is so annoying that due to low level of your thinking you can't see any wrong thing in what she has done after UK court arrested her with her mother and brother for money laundering and EFCC raided her house and said they have discovered some vital information from her house.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by erico2k2(m): 8:54am On Oct 17, 2015
Rebelutionary:

Now u have taken "currency exchange" trajectory when u cdnt provide contrary data..hmm..anyway lets say I agree with ur submission, how com now dat d dollar is trading higher against our Naira than in GEJs time, subsidy payment has reduced?
The ordinary man on street measure subsidy as cost money.Economist measure it in volume. If dame volume was imported in the years under review by U and I then the subsidy bill never went down..so in all if the volume of import increased now than b4 then subsidy would have increased as well.for propaganda purpose the tabloids will quote money for economic forcast they will quote volumes.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by erico2k2(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2015
omokab:
oponu! Is so annoying that due to low level of your thinking you can't see any wrong thing in what she has done after UK court arrested her with her mother and brother for money laundering and EFCC raided her house and said they have discovered some vital information from her house.
I live in the UK London and I work in same vicinity as the said police station.stop being ignorant she was not arrested. Point me to any news media in the UK which said she was arrested. Plz or hold ur peace.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by SUREPA: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2015
He noted that over $200 billion worth of procurements and nearly $10 billion worth of research and development project, hitherto monopolised by foreign interests, as well as technical services valued at nearly $80 billion worth of engineering works were retained in the country. Under her initiative, Nigerians, for the first time, also made critical infrastructure investments such as marine vessels, petroleum jetties and depots to the extent that over 50 per cent of vessels operating in Nigeria are owned by Nigerian indigenes.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Pavarottii(m): 9:26am On Oct 17, 2015
omokab:
Fool! If she was arrested and they found the so called document u r talking about! Why is she and her mother still walking free?
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by SUREPA: 9:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Sometimes we don't know what we want in this country called Nigeria... God deliver us from sentiments and uncontrollable hatred.

SUREPA:
He noted that over $200 billion worth of procurements and nearly $10 billion worth of research and development project, hitherto monopolised by foreign interests, as well as technical services valued at nearly $80 billion worth of engineering works were retained in the country. Under her initiative, Nigerians, for the first time, also made critical infrastructure investments such as marine vessels, petroleum jetties and depots to the extent that over 50 per cent of vessels operating in Nigeria are owned by Nigerian indigenes.
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by Valstresser: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2015
The last time I checked Otedola, Lawal, Bankole, Nnamani nd host of odas have not served any jail term or has thier sins been forgiven? EFCC, ICPC deserved to be scraped nd Judiciary overhauled for a better Nigeria
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by micrep3030(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2015
The truth is Jonathan is one of the greatest leader we ever had
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by edeja1: 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
obailala:

Vindicated from what exactly?... Someone is accused of stealing and conniving to steal billions of dollars through several shady deals, and someone is here telling us that because some of her policies are acknowledged as good by Kachikwu, so therefore she is vindicated?

Where do some of these clowns even come from? undecided
the worst is that some of these clowns will never learn anyway i dont really know where the clowns come from and do not wish to know cuz i hate been a clown. NIGERIANS LET US LEARN TO USE OUR COMMON SENSE.Diezanni is corrupt final
Re: Diezani Vindicated As Kachikwu Upholds Her Policies – Clem Aguiyi by free13: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2015
Nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three PDP NWC Members Return ‘mysterious’ N93.6m Paid Into Accounts / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.