Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence (56488 Views)

LUTH, Psychiatric Hospital Discharge Patients Due To Strike / Nigerian Philanthropist Adepeju Olukokun Pays Off People's Medical Bills At LUTH / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by raayah(f): 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
sad sad sad

No matter what nairaland men say, please women remember physical abuse is not normal.

It is not normal for a man to beat you because you were nagging.
It is not normal for a man to physically abuse you because you did not serve his food on time.
Run women , Run away. Domestic violence kills. The children you were staying for will lose their mother.

Remember that thread, were everyone ganged up on me, because I said physical abuse is not normal. One fatal blow can lead to death.
https://www.nairaland.com/2605303/hear-what-mother-told-daughter/

Rest in Peace Dr. Thomas.

Threads showing nairaland men promoting violence against women.
https://www.nairaland.com/2523590/how-third-parties-involvement-ruin/
https://www.nairaland.com/2540160/husband-beats-threatened-pour-hot/
https://www.nairaland.com/2205561/alarming-number-nigerian-women-think

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Eneze1(f): 2:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
RIP...I hope other women will learn
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by islandmoon: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Damn
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by chrisbaby24(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
Na waoo...some men no dey try at all...make he come fight his fellow..he no go fit...na to dey beat his wife he sabi.....mad man...
RIP to the deceased...may God accept her soul...

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by fpeter(f): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
women be wise..............

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by symbianDON(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2015
if the husband is found culpable he should be tried for murder and subsequently hanged.....so sad!! cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by daffyduck007: 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

I am very much aware of the story.

It is a well known fact that the husband beats her on a regular and steady basis.
papa e be lyk say u follow for de crime.dis one u are very aware de man beats her up

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Anamachi3(m): 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
Violence against Women- when men fails to apply Bible principles as regards marriage,the results is always disastrous. Its a pity
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by justi4jesu(f): 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
AuntySusan:

If she had left the beast of a husband, the same (we) Nigerians will insult her for being a single parent
So sadly she had to manage so she can appear like she's 'keeping her home'

Watch how some will come here to say she must have driven the man to his limit. Hence she deserves to die, I guess

Rip to the woman
#saynotodomesticviolence#

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
Exactly! Nigerians are hypocrites. It is the same set of people that would be abusing her for divorcing her husband just like how they keep hounding linda ikeji (on the internet) to go and get married.

AuntySusan:

If she had left the beast of a husband, the same (we) Nigerians will insult her for being a single parent

Watch how some will come here to say she must have driven the man to his limit. Hence she deserves to die, I guess

Rip to the woman

12 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
AuntySusan:

Oyo I guess undecided
That's discrimination ma'am
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
teeowl:
Exactly! Nigerians are hypocrites. It is the same set of people that would be abusing her for divorcing her husband just like how they keep hounding linda ikeji (on the internet) to go and get married.

Smh

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
It's animals that beat their wives.

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

That's discrimination ma'am

Imagine that comment. Smh
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by ElFenomeno1: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
No man should ever lay hands on a woman!!!
it is just out of order.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by neocortex: 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Another woman live lost to the silly preachings of selfish priest
and our hypocritical society.
"Endure more" , they said until this woman lost her life. RIP.

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by debbydee(f): 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
so sad

this is a wake up call to all women that are domestically abused. RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE. RUN AS FAST AS YOUR LEGS CAN CARRY YOU. THE ABUSER WONT CHANGE. NO GO KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING. TOMORROW NOW THE MAN GO MARRY ANOTHER WOMAN THE CRAZY CIRCLE CONTINUES.

6 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by wexyee: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
onosprince:
Too much bad news in this Buhari regime
u go die wit hatred... U sound like a fool.. But I no blame u I blame namdi kanu

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by millionboi(m): 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:
What were their parents looking at before it got to this stage of irreparable loss?

Heard her father is a Professor in Uniben.

What was their church looking at? I am sure they were preaching the same endurance and patience and see where it led to, with that beast of a husband.

The lady has always been serially battered by her husband.
seriously atimes divorce is d best option

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by cheerokee(m): 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
onosprince:

When God was giving humans brain, where were you??

4 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by ZionJay(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2015
onosprince:

Onos,you are one of the bad news

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by superstar1(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
AuntySusan:

Funny enough, now that she has allowed the man to kill her, he's free to remarry as marriage contract is terminated. Victims be wise

Rip to the woman

I quite agree with you.

5 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by wiseoneking: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
yatch360:
THE Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi Araba, was thrown into mourning yesterday, following  the death of a Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Dr Hestianna Thomas.

Her death was discussed in hushed tone by workers.

The mother of two is believed to be a victim of domestic violence.

Some women described her as a compassionate doctor who helped saved their children’s lives.

The Nation gathered that the late Dr Thomas, whose husband is a Consultant Clinical Pathologist at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja, reported for duty three days ago, until she was brought in yesterday to LUTH battered.

A source said: “A close examination of her body revealed a lot of lacerations.

“In fact, I noticed that the head had a deep cut. When other colleagues also saw her, they said there was a deep cut on her skull, because they saw pierced bone.
Source.http://thenationonlineng.net/luth-consultant-dies/

I dislike pathologists. They have tendency is been heartless due to the nature of their Speciality. That man is a beast, whatsover the wife might have done. Beat your wife and see the true animal within you.

3 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by ETILA100(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin
Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Enesi47: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
onosprince:
go and kill your mother because of buhari then!

1 Like

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by justi4jesu(f): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
RIP to the Doctor cry cry

And i know everyone around her must have advised her to endure and be that virtuous and submissive woman. See where it ended and the beast is still alive angry angry

5 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:
What were their parents looking at before it got to this stage of irreparable loss?

Heard her father is a Professor in Uniben.

What was their church looking at? I am sure they were preaching the same endurance and patience and see where it led to, with that beast of a husband.

The lady has always been serially battered by her husband.
That is the clear truth. I hate those who coax violated women to remain in their marriage. Now she is murdered. Ptui!

5 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
RIP doctor, say no to domestic violence I rather choose my sister and daughters stay single than marry a wife beater

6 Likes

Re: LUTH Doctor, Hestianna Thomas Dies Through Domestic Violence by Missmossy(f): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
Awww so disheartening a news. This is quite a huge loss. Some men are so demonic. Battering a woman like a chicken. So unfair embarassed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tiktok Doctor Posts Before And After Pics With Horrifying Results(pictures) / "Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN / Lagos Lockdown; Berger Axis In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.