Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio (2111 Views)

EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja / EFCC Arrests Ex-Governor Lamido And Sons Over Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by SupremeXYZ(m): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
[s]
Beremx:
Akpabio? I dey laugh!
grin grin
[/s]Akpara ino.love peddler.shm.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by RollingStones(m): 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
Buhari GO AND DIE
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by omowolewa: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
He will be freed
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by stanech: 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Later they will ask us not to insult the dulllard.
One of them has enough evidence to incriminate him but he was appointed a minister.

The other probably has no evidence but was arrested on suspicion

The thunder wey go fire Buhari and his fellow apc supporters still dey do press up...
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2015
Well.... lipsrsealed

Let justice prevail
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by simplex2: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Uncommon thief!

108bil Na only u waka come?
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by blazetitov: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
This is serious!! Earlier in the week, d guy was reeling out speeches in the red chamber. The pray be sey somethin wey person no plan for mak e no come spoil d plans already made.

The reactions of Saraki and lai Mohammed to this news will be so different like day nd night. grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by Marvin67: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2015
I'm not for any party as I believe both APC and PDP comprises criminals. But let's be sincere, there's something selective about all this.
Some weeks back, a group called CACOL submitted a petition to the EFCC concerning alleged fraud against Fashola. Has Fashola been invited by the EFCC?
Some months back, Rivers PDP submitted a petition to this same EFCC about fraud allegedly committed by Amaechi. Has Amaechi been invited by the EFCC?
Howcome it's only perceived enemies of the president who are being hunted by the EFCC. A fight against corruption should be faceless.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by aresa: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Marvin67:
I'm not for any party as I believe both APC and PDP comprises criminals. But let's be sincere, there's something selective about all this.
Some weeks back, a group called CACOL submitted a petition to the EFCC concerning alleged fraud against Fashola. Has Fashola been invited by the EFCC?
Some months back, Rivers PDP submitted a petition to this same EFCC about fraud allegedly committed by Amaechi. Has Amaechi been invited by the EFCC?

Howcome it's only perceived enemies of the president who are being hunted by the EFCC. A fight against corruption should be faceless.

EFCC acts based on petitions filed with the EFCC, not on the rubbish some jobless jokers spew on the internet and newspapers..

You and the folks you named should do your civic duty by sending your petition to the EFCC or shut up..

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by aresa: 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2015
The richest state in Nigeria and the largest yearly state budget in the whole of west africa delivered only...

1. A few roads in Uyo

2. 1 flyover

3. 1 bridge

4. I cinema

5. 1 library

6. 1 football field.

Akpabio the former governor was unable to get any decent hospital or clinic in his richest state in Nigeria to wrap bandage around around his leg hence jetting to london for bandage..

...but he left his people an empty building with rented and taken away equipment he labeled hospital..

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by Marvin67: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
aresa:

EFCC acts based on petitions filed with the EFCC, not on the rubbish some jobless jokers spew on the internet and newspapers..

The two groups (CACOL and Rivers PDP) have always reiterated that they have submitted petitions to the EFCC regarding both men. EFCC has never denied receiving the petitions
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by Marvin67: 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
aresa:

You and the folks you named should do your civic duty by sending your petition to the EFCC or shut up..

Your last paragraph is the reason I don't comment on Nairaland. That I don't agree with your point of view doesn't mean you should be aggressive towards me by asking me to shut up. I could be your friend or relative in reality. You don't need to put insults and use harsh words to drive home your point. Maturity lies in realising that other people are entitled to their opinion.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by Mc4larin: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by abagoro(m): 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
donguutti:
So after all Akpabio Clowning at the Screening, them still carry am....No time,
108 billion can bring the Deep seaport in Akwa Ibom to near completion!!!

But what if he says he did not sign any cheque just like FASHOLE

With Ricky Tarfa by his side, EFCC don lose this one........?

Its disheartening that some people on Nairaland blamed Yorubas and Northerners for the failure of Ibaka. I believe it was a fraud anyway.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by abagoro(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2015
aresa:
The richest state in Nigeria and the largest yearly state budget in the whole of west africa delivered only...

1. A few roads in Uyo

2. 1 flyover

3. 1 bridge

4. I cinema

5. 1 library

6. 1 football field.

Akpabio the former governor was unable to get any decent hospital or clinic in his richest state in Nigeria to wrap bandage around around his leg hence jetting to london for bandage..

...but he left his people an empty building with rented and taken away equipment he labeled hospital..

In as much as Akpabio wasn't a success, he did a lot of infrastructural developments mainly in Uyo and Ikot-Ekpene and they far outnumber what you wrote up there.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by aresa: 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
Marvin67:

The two groups (CACOL and Rivers PDP) have always reiterated that they have submitted petitions to the EFCC regarding both men. EFCC has never denied receiving the petitions

I know the folks in Lagos sent their petition to the EFCC, but it was misguided and misplaced since Fashola did not award any contract, the petition should have been against the state agencies responsible for the contacts.

Saying the state spent too much money here and there is one thing, saying with facts that money was embezzled by the governor is another thing and if that was what was sent to the EFCC against Fashola, they are stupid, idiotic and irresponsible.. No wonder the EFCC ignored their rubbish.

Wike should send his facts to the efcc instead of his worthless kangaroo panel..
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by aresa: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
abagoro:

In as much as Akpabio wasn't a success, he did a lot of infrastructural developments mainly in Uyo and Ikot-Ekpene and they far outnumber what you wrote up there.

Saying he did a lot of infrastructural development is a gimmick statement because he did not complete more than 5 projects after the few roads and flyover.

Please list the infrastructures he completed.

Fayemi presided over the poorest state in Nigeria, but he still managed to complete a 300 bed hospital in less than 4 years while Akpabio with with all his largest budgets in Nigeria couldn't complete 1 single hospital after 8 years in office.

1. He completed 1 cinema

2. He completed 1 library that the people of akwa ibom have to pay toll before using.

3. 1 redundant football stadium.

That's all.

If he did more than what I listed, please help us by listing them here...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by ekeminiabasi(f): 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
God bless u Aresa. I don't know why we take sides with this politicians, when they do not even know we exist. I don't know what we keep celebrating in akwa ibom. We shldnt be talking 1 bridge, library and stadium??. Nothing mite come out of this efcc thing, but let's be honest with ourselves!
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Ex-governor Akpabio by CharlyNick: 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
Bad News

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is President Buhari Not Talking About The Missing Chibok School Girls? / Should New Calls For Biafra Worry Nigerians? BBC / Asaba, South Eastern Nigeria, 1900 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.