Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Mehdi Hasan Messes Up Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mehdi Hasan Messes Up Buhari (5292 Views)

Ogoni Clean-Up: Buhari To Be Represented By Osinbajo - Femi Adesina / Mehdi Hasan Messes Up Buhari On Al Jazeera (video) / 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Mehdi Hasan Messes Up Buhari by ehissi(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
@All........ As I have said before, there is no crime nor error in simply saying you just like the man, General Buhari and that's why you like it that he is president you believe/hope he will prove haters wrong!! But trying to stand logic on its tongue or its head to justify your preference for him in the full glare of what critics see as perceived blunders in leadership is awkward!!

For those who still argue, below is an excerpt of the manuscript of the interview, with a bias for the section where the questions for the military raised!!

Like I said before; if you just like buhari because U believe by faith or hope that he is suited for the country at hand, its allowed, it is not a crime to harbour such a sentiment or opinion!!

THE EXCERPTS

Hasan: "The Nigerian Military hasn't just failed to defeat boko haram, it has also carried out massive human rights abuses in the process! The US state department, the european parliament, human rights watch, amnesty international, they have all documented extra-judicial killings, torture, arbitrary arrest, burning down of homes, plenty of abuses by the Nigerian Military!

What are you doing as president and as a former General to stop all of that from happening??

Buhari: We promised to investigate and punish all those that are responsible.....
(Hasan interrupt)

Hasan: You said you were going to arrest and prosecute; amnesty international this week opened an office inside of Nigeria, but have you done what amnesty has recommended; they've given you the names of several senior military officers who should be investigated for war crimes!! You've sacked a couple of them, have you actually investigated them are you going to prosecute those 9 named individuals that amnesty international has given you??

Buhari: I haven't received that report personally!! But the organisation of the Military is part of the compliance with the observation raised by amnesty international; if I get those documents......the way you seem to be so confident to have received them......
(Hasan Interrupts)

Hasan: They are available publicly online, they were published a month after you took office, your spokesman has acknowledged that he has read the report, the names are out there and you haven't investigated or prosecuted anyone of them as far as we know; are you going to prosecute the officers who were accused of committing war crimes??

Buhari: Its very difficult, for me aaah, to start prosecuting people on the newspaper publication; I made an undertaking that if I get that report, I will take action.........aah.....the person you said, my spokesperson said aah I have seen the report, I don't aah, think any of my spokesperson, the bonafide spokes#*@$ (mumbles a little bit) my spokesperson has given me that report and I just put it in the waste paper basket or somewhere!!

Hasan: But Mr President, this is not a new report; this has been on for years!
John Kerry, the US secretary of state talked about human rights violations from the Nigerian military in 2013, Human rights watch ....gaaa(Hasan Mumbles).....documented the burning of homes, torture in 2014; this is not a new allegation!!

Buhari: What, what I want, I want us to go beyond the talking! All you are tell me is that aaah...that aah...The United states secretary of state talked about, amnesty international has written and I have told you that I haven't received this authentic document you are referring to. When I get that document, I read it, I assure you if they are those that I......(Mumbles a bit).....are guilty; they will be identified and they will be punished according to Nigerian laws

Hasan: Ok the Human rights groups have put the evidence for several years now!!(Interview continues)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri And Her Smelling Pucci / How To Set Up A Water Factory With State Of The Art Facilities - 08143352493 / What Goodluck Jonathan Told Me About 2019 Calculations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.