Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

H - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / H (1346 Views)

DNA Test For Igbos: Rival Jewish Outreach Groups Feud Over / My Apology To Osibanjo/awolowo Family. Its Abomination for oduduwa Ade,musiwa / Answer These Questions If You Think Sanusi's 18yr Old Wife Is Abomination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

H by pus30: 12:07am On Oct 17, 2015
H

1 Like

Re: H by pus30: 12:09am On Oct 17, 2015
it is abomination in yorubaland
Re: H by pus30: 12:17am On Oct 17, 2015
We are a different country from Nigeria. this is what they have to know.. We don't have the same system as Nigeria.

We operate duke system.
Re: H by pus30: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2015
it is disrespecting to us the host community.
Re: H by immex100(m): 12:31am On Oct 17, 2015
Is it a bad thing...besides we re d heart of nigeria

1 Like

Re: H by pus30: 12:40am On Oct 17, 2015
In the UK... It is disrespected to the Queen of England, In UK for igbos to continue that they have king in a system that operate monarchy. Ghana, when you live abroad you respect your host.

1 Like

Re: H by pus30: 12:43am On Oct 17, 2015
Obasanjo father inlaw and others started all of this nonsense, you see.

you can see, the man in the picture is wrong.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2831503_obaaderemi_jpeg88efae14c1b3c95eb0faf67fcfd22315
Re: H by tpiander: 12:54am On Oct 17, 2015
well, one thing I admire about the Igbos is they always elect a king in any situation, even if its only two Igbos in a place, they'll elect a king from one of them.

Seriously, I find that admirable although it's not my culture sha.

Even here on nairaland, the Igbos elected a king, which is not necessarily bad unless something else dey there.

No offence to anybody o, just my observation.

the only problem is if a development association will do as well, then why not stick with that.

1 Like

Re: H by tsdarkside(m): 1:11am On Oct 17, 2015
since nnamdi kanu started preaching on radio Biafra...imaging...a simpel radio-broadcast-host is their leader...this world is realy finished...
end times...end times....

4 Likes

Re: H by ademusiwa5: 1:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Igbo people elect leaders, not kings. this thread is new.. And I don't think it is a nice one.

In Britain for example, you have the Queen, there cant be 2 kings.. Igbo king and the Queen of England in Britain.. I laugh... this is new to me.. I found it online, that Igbo have king in Britain.

Obasanjo father inlaw started all this trouble.

the Igbo should not do that inside the country of the kingdom of western Nigeria. we are separate from Nigeria.. the deji of akure is a duke of akure. I don't know the whole story, because I was not there, so I cant tell you what happen.

But the igbos should discontinue such practice.
Re: H by tsdarkside(m): 1:25am On Oct 17, 2015
Transatlantic slave trade and diaspora
The transatlantic slave trade, which took place between the 16th and late 19th centuries, had huge effects on the Igbo because so many young people were taken, and warfare increased for the taking of captives. Most Igbo slaves were taken from the Bight of Biafra (also known as the Bight of Bonny).[63] This area included modern day southeastern Nigeria, Western Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and parts of Northern Gabon.[64] Major trade ports for goods and slaves in the area included Bonny and Calabar Town. A large number of slaves from the Bight of Biafra would have been Igbo.[65][66] Slaves were usually sold to Europeans by the Aro Confederacy, who kidnapped or bought slaves from Igbo villages in the hinterland.

Aro Confederacy
The Aro Confederacy (1690–1902) was a political union orchestrated by the Igbo subgroup, the Aro people, centered in Arochukwu in present-day southeastern Nigeria. Their influence and presence was across Eastern Nigeria into parts of the Niger Delta and Southern Igala during the 18th and 19th centuries. It is claimed that their influence extended through parts of present-day Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea. The Arochukwu Kingdom was an economical, political, and an oracular center as it was home of the powerful Ibini Ukpabi oracle, High Priests, the Aro King Eze Aro, and central council (Okpankpo).

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked....you sold yourselfs to europeans...??.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: H by ademusiwa5: 2:07am On Oct 17, 2015
sad shocked
Re: H by ademusiwa5: 2:35am On Oct 17, 2015
cool
Re: H by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 17, 2015
Baba, tell them or we will keep flogging them with koboko. grin

1 Like

Re: H by playahata: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2015
pus30:
it is abomination for Igbos to Wear Crown in the country of western nigeria
it is an abomination to worship men
Re: H by pus30: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
shocked cool
Re: H by Macelliot(m): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
Zoharariel:
Baba, tell them or we will keep flogging them with koboko. grin
Cowards..
Re: H by ademusiwa5: 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
In England, there is the king a Blackman igbo, and the queen of England.

In Spain. It now have 2 king. 1 igbo, the other other whiteman.

In Jordan 2. Igbo

Iñ Holland 2. It show you the level of experienc/e education is of some of this people

(1) (Reply)

Swiss Banking Parasites Of Nations. / If It Ain't Broken Don't Fix It. (Buhari's perspective). / Alison-madueke: I Didn’t Steal Nigeria’s Money – Former Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.