Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 (57581 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 31st October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by dmcdad: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hmmm... I just dont want a case whereby it seems you are pouring water on a rock. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Or maybe trying to fill a basket with water.
VickyRotex:

No, I still insist. Chelsea's worth praying for. embarassed

I can use a different slot for you!
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by VickyRotex(f): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
dmcdad:
Hmmm... I just dont want a case whereby it seems you are pouring water on a rock. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Or maybe trying to fill a basket with water.

shocked Choiii!!! See comparison embarassed

It's gonna be effective, dont worry! embarassed embarassed
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by dmcdad: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2015
I hope so sha. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oro Chelsea ti sunmi. grin grin grin grin grin grin
VickyRotex:

shocked Choiii!!! See comparison embarassed

It's gonna be effective, dont worry! embarassed embarassed
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by VickyRotex(f): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2015
dmcdad:
I hope so sha. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oro Chelsea ti sunmi. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Osu emi gan sha.

But I'm gonna remain Loyal! embarassed
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by dmcdad: 10:22am On Nov 02, 2015
VickyRotex:

Osu emi gan sha.

But I'm gonna remain Loyal! embarassed
Of course you should be.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by VickyRotex(f): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2015
dmcdad:

Of course you should be.

Yea! smiley
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by Chubhie: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
CaptPlanet:

It's crazy really! I agree with you, it's a humbling experience for the manager and club but i'll take positives from the situation. Now is the best time for team to rally and claw our way out of this mess, it'll also help strengthen the team. I won't blame a particular person now because they've all been awful. I hope RM's trigger happy nature doesn't take the better of him. They need to stick together now more than ever.

I swear! I can't wait for January window....lol
On a lighter note, do you think Mou should issue a public apology to Eva Carneiro I feel she's a witch. I laughed hard when I saw Mou with his staff in the middle of the park like Babalawos looking to exorcise some jinx.

She has even filed an individual claim against Mou apart from the one she filed against chelsea FC according to guardian today
www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/02/jose-mourinho-chelsea-eva-carneiro-legal-claim
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2015
Chubhie:
On a lighter note, do you think Mou should issue a public apology to Eva Carneiro I feel she's a witch. I laughed hard when I saw Mou with his staff in the middle of the park like Babalawos looking to exorcise some jinx.

She has even filed an individual claim against Mou apart from the one she filed against chelsea FC according to guardian today
www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/02/jose-mourinho-chelsea-eva-carneiro-legal-claim

I agree with the bolded...lol
I don't remember her being sacked only demoted. John Fearn was too but he's not giving us a media trial. Mou may have been too harsh on her but her quitting her job, suing Mou and expectin my sympathy won't work at all tongue

I fancy Abramovic sticking with Mou, you?
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by Chubhie: 10:49am On Nov 03, 2015
CaptPlanet:

I agree with the bolded...lol
I don't remember her being sacked only demoted. John Fearn was too but he's not giving us a media trial. Mou may have been too harsh on her but her quitting her job, suing Mou and expectin my sympathy won't work at all tongue

I fancy Abramovic sticking with Mou, you?
Abramovic,Chealsea and Mou are a match made in the stars. Abramovic is ready to stick with Mou tho he urgently needs conditions to improve. I feel mou has come to that stage in his career where he seeks for stability and not doing 2-3 seasons across europe.

I think Abramovic will support him with cash to buy the team through atleast a place in Europa. I watched Lampard speak about Chelsea current state and I get that nostalgic feelings of a time when players where ready to bleed for Mou on the field. Even JT was once given a knockout!
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2015
Chubhie:
Abramovic,Chealsea and Mou are a match made in the stars. Abramovic is ready to stick with Mou tho he urgently needs conditions to improve. I feel mou has come to that stage in his career where he seeks for stability and not doing 2-3 seasons across europe.

I think Abramovic will support him with cash to buy the team through atleast a place in Europa. I watched Lampard speak about Chelsea current state and I get that nostalgic feelings of a time when players where ready to bleed for Mou on the field. Even JT was once given a knockout!

You're Spot on!
If Roman wants his club to become really what it should be in terms of legendary status, I think he needs to stand by Mou and stick it to the players, they're as culpable if not more, as Mou is. Yet Mou gets all the bashing and equally shields his players from media hounds with his bizarre attitude (One thing no one has given him credit for) He fights for them, they should in turn fight for him.

If RM stands by Mou, it'll send the perfect message to the players, "no player is above the club" and that exactly what Mou, the club and the fans need now. Not players who decide when to turn up which is absolute sh!t.

Imagine player mutiny! It's so disgusting, same thing they did to AVB and Rafa, not caring about the fans. It's high time they get some bashing too.

I also think Lamps should quit football in America and come back as back room staff for the team. He has his badges and We need a breath of fresh air and stability he alone brings since JT is lookin incaable of leading his team mates because he was subbed.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
Chubhie:

You're Spot on!
If Roman wants his club to become really what it should be in terms of legendary status, I think he needs to stand by Mou and stick it to the players, they're as culpable if not more, as Mou is. Yet Mou gets all the bashing and equally shields his players from media hounds with his bizarre attitude (One thing no one has given him credit for) He fights for them, they should in turn fight for him.

If RM stands by Mou, it'll send the perfect message to the players, "no player is above the club" and that exactly what Mou, the club and the fans need now. Not players who decide when to turn up which is absolute sh!t.

Imagine player mutiny! It's so disgusting, same thing they did to AVB and Rafa, not caring about the fans. It's high time they get some bashing too.

I also think Lamps should quit football in America and come back as back room staff for the team. He has his badges and We need a breath of fresh air and stability he alone brings since JT is looking incapable of leading his team mates now we need him most.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by Chubhie: 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
CaptPlanet:

You're Spot on!

I also think Lamps should quit football in America and come back as back room staff for the team. He has his badges and We need a breath of fresh air and stability he alone brings since JT is looking incapable of leading his team mates now we need him most.

Chelsea FC (4-3-3) Cech, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry,Gallas, Makelele, Essien/Tiago, Lampard, Robben, Duff, Drogba/Gudjohnsen
Jose Mourinho made his name by winning the 2004
Champions League with FC Porto. The next step in his career would come at Chelsea, where he would win various domestic crowns, creating the greatest team in the club’s history.
In Mourinho’s first season at the club, Chelsea won
the Premier League title with a record total of 95
points. While Arsenal’s Invincibles side of 2003-2004
are often considered the greatest Premier League
side of all time, it must be remembered that Chelsea only lost one game in the 2004-2005 season. This sole defeat came away at Manchester City, a 1-0 loss in which Nicolas Anelka converted a controversial penalty. And although it may be argued that this side played defensive soccer and that Mourinho had a fantastic side, this Chelsea outfit were the ultimate results-based team. They conceded just 15 goals in 38 games that season, which remains the Premier League record. Nowadays, most teams are unable to go through the first half of the season conceding this many. In the 2005-2006, Chelsea arguably had a better team, and defended the Premier League title.
While their points total was lower than the previous
season and they lost three more games, they still
won 18 out of their 19 games at Stamford Bridge.
Here are some key features of the side.
The importance of the 4-3-3
At this time, most teams in the Premier League
played the classic 4-4-2 formation. By playing a 4-3-3, Mourinho always had an extra man in midfield. Here are Mourinho’s words on the midfield advantage: “Look, if I have a triangle in midfield – Claude Makelele behind and two others just in front – I will always have an advantage against a pure 4-4-2 where the central midfielders are side by side. That’s because I will always have an extra man. It starts with Makelele, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time. If he gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other team’s wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4-4-2 can do to stop things,” said the Portuguese tactician.
Furthermore, Chelsea had two strikers who assisted
the attacking runs of Frank Lampard in rather. different ways. Didier Drogba, who was still a bit raw at the time, was able to hold the ball up and feed layoffs to on-running midfielders. Drogba would carry the attention of the two center-backs, providing space for the extra man in midfield to come forward.
Chelsea also had Eidur Gudjohnsen who almost
played as an extra midfielder, as he dropped deep
and linked play. This also allowed Chelsea’s
midfielders to push forward, and often created a
4-3-1-2 formation. Other times, Gudjohnsen played in midfield alongside Lampard, creating a sort of 4-1-4-1 formation. This also worked well, with Lampard performing very well, being the club’s top scorer in Mourinho’s first two seasons at the club.
Chelsea’s wingers
Another key feature of Chelsea’s play was the wing
play of Arjen Robben and Damien Duff. They played
as inverted wingers (Duff from the left, Robben from the right), and with their lung-busting energy, played a key role in Chelsea’s lightning-quick counter- attacks. By cutting inside, the wingers created space for the fullbacks to come forward on the overlap. Tiago vs Essien
One of the key differences between the Chelsea side
of 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 was of the difference
between Tiago and Michael Essien. In Mourinho’s
first season, Tiago arrived from Benfica. He played as a superb link in the midfield, scoring a memorable goal against Manchester United from long range. The following season, Chelsea splashed 26 million euros on Michael Essien to strengthen the midfield. With Makelele and Lampard established in Chelsea’s midfield, Essien took Tiago’s spot. “The Bison” was at his best back then, as a superb box-to-box midfielder, capable of fulfilling defensive responsibilities and smashing shots in from long range. Later, Mourinho admitted that letting Tiago leave was one of his biggest mistakes.
Joe Cole
Chelsea’s squad did not have the most numbers, but in terms of quality in positions, the sideexcelled.
Carlo Cudicini provided competition to Petr Cech in
goal, Wayne Bridge to William Gallas for fullback
slots, and the most intriguing battle was for the two
wide spots. Damien Duff, Arjen Robben, Joe Cole,
and Shaun Wright-Phillips all competed for these
spots. Robben, at his best, was a firm starter. Often,
Duff and Cole competed for spots in the side. Cole
was an interesting player. Once thought as the
“English Messi”, much of the country’s hope in the
future rested upon him. He was more highly-rated
than Lampard, yet Lampard went on to achieve a lot
more. As a tricky attacking player, many accuse
Mourinho of taking away Cole’s freedom through the defensive work he had to do in the side. Others will say that Cole played his best football under Mourinho (which is also true). He ended up scoring a superb goal in the 3-0 victory over Manchester United, which saw Chelsea defend their title in 2005-2006.
The strength at the back
At the heart of this Chelsea team were two of the
greatest center-backs in the world – John Terry and
Ricardo Carvalho. Terry, at the time, was in a better
peak physical condition, with more pace. His reading of the game has improved over time, however, and Carvalho often covered for Terry. Carvalho was essentially a much better version of David Luiz – a rather quick center-back at the time, who had no problems with pushing forward. He was superb defensively too, as were the two fullbacks. Gallas was solid at left-back, while Paulo Ferreira epitomized ‘solidity’. Far from the showy attacking fullbacks on show today, Ferreira was solid defensively, and in the words of Mourinho, “always put in a 7/10 performance”. Cech was arguably at his best in this time, as many say he has not been the same goalkeeper ever since his head injury. With the covering of Makelele, sitting deep and giving freedom to the rest of the side, the Chelsea defense prospered.
All in all, this Chelsea side contained many brilliant
players, many of which spent many glorious seasons at the club. The likes of Carvalho, Lampard, Ferreira and Essien were all fantastic servants of the club.
Cech, Terry and Drogba remain today – showing the
strength in leadership of the side. From 2004-2006,
Chelsea won two Premier League titles and the
League Cup. In 2006-2007, the side won a domestic
cup double. While they narrowly failed to reach the
Champions League final, this side contained many of the players seen in the 2012 winning side. The
current Chelsea side have received much praise for
their results this season, but they must do a lot more to be considered better than the Chelsea team from a decade ago.
How do you compare Now with This? worldsoccertalk.com/2015/02/24/the-greatest-teams-chelsea-fc-2004-2006/
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2015
Chubhie:

How do you compare Now with This? worldsoccertalk.com/2015/02/24/the-greatest-teams-chelsea-fc-2004-2006/

Finally, some good news eh?, dinamo isn't that much of a competition but i'll take it
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by Chubhie: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Finally, some good news eh?, dinamo isn't that much of a competition but i'll take it
The team played well and controlled first half so well.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chubhie:
The team played well and controlled first half so well.

Yeah! Willian has been outstanding. If only the other players will step up and quit sulking and being unprofessional.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by Chubhie: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Yeah! Willian has been outstanding. If only the other players will step up and quit sulking and being unprofessional.
menh, Willian is a human machine. Only if we have two of his kind in the team.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:18am On Nov 06, 2015
Chubhie:
menh, Willian is a human machine. Only if we have two of his kind in the team.

Actually we do. Hazard is just as good if not better but I'm honestly not liking his attitude of late. Contributed virtually nothing against Liverpool and of late. Oscar is good too but I can excuse him. We have Fabregas who is a damm good orchestrator from his deep lying position and Costa, who has focused more on wounding up defenders instead of scoring goals. The team needs to man up. I'll give Kennedy time to settle he's absolutely brilliant!
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by Chubhie: 7:03am On Nov 06, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Actually we do. Hazard is just as good if not better but I'm honestly not liking his attitude of late. Contributed virtually nothing against Liverpool and of late. Oscar is good too but I can excuse him. We have Fabregas who is a damm good orchestrator from his deep lying position and Costa, who has focused more on wounding up defenders instead of scoring goals. The team needs to man up. I'll give Kennedy time to settle he's absolutely brilliant!
Sometimes I feel the dip in form of Hazard is deliberate. How do you explain a Hazard that was waltzing past defenders last season suddenly turn cold. Or maybe Mou is not pamparing him anymore and comparing him with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo? Costa has elected to be making mischief of himself upfront instead of getting serious with the business of scoring goals.

For me personally I thing oscar has a good goal sense but lacks that fighting mentality to push his limits. Somehow I feel Fabregas is spent and we shouldn't rely so much on him to create. I'm glad Baba had a good game against Dynamo.
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by robosky02(m): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Chubhie:
Sometimes I feel the dip in form of Hazard is deliberate. How do you explain a Hazard that was waltzing past defenders last season suddenly turn cold. Or maybe Mou is not pamparing him anymore and comparing him with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo? Costa has elected to be making mischief of himself upfront instead of getting serious with the business of scoring goals.

For me personally I thing oscar has a good goal sense but lacks that fighting mentality to push his limits. Somehow I feel Fabregas is spent and we shouldn't rely so much on him to create. I'm glad Baba had a good game against Dynamo.

whats your view on this

https://www.nairaland.com/2716551/fifa-u-17-world-cup-chile
Re: Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
Chubhie:

Oh I'm beginning to think Hazard is being mischievous honestly and if he is, it's totally unprofessional. Oscar still has a long way to go, i'll always give him the benefit of the doubt. Fabregas is not near spent at all, Infact he's is in his prime now. People who play in his position usually get better as they get old....Alonso, Pirlo and the likes....im sure he'll get better.
Baba will ease into the Epl with time.

The team just needs a fresh faces to freshen it all up. We'll come good with time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Juventus Vs Real Madrid : UCL (0 - 3) On 3rd April 2018 / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (4 - 3) On 11th August 2017 / Champions League Draw On 25th August 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.