Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

4 Ways To Respond To Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Ways To Respond To Life (971 Views)

Apostle Suleman Raises Dead Child Back To Life - Trezzyhelm (Photos) / Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways To Respond To Life by winner01(m): 7:20am On Oct 17, 2015
"Life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." - Charles Swindoll

DRIVES US TO OUR KNEES
I have to admit that God had to break me before He could fix me. That is, God had to humble me before He extended His grace to me. James writes that “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble ” (James 4:6), and until I humbled myself, I didn’t see the need for grace. Either we will humble ourselves or He will do it for us, and guess which is more painful. If life knocks us to our knees, we’re already in the right position to pray.

DRIVES US TO A DEPENDENCE ON GOD
I think that when, not if, life knocks us to the ground, God may want us to be more dependent on Him. God doesn’t want us to live our lives in our own strength; that doesn’t turn out well anyway. But when we are fully dependent on Him, that’s what He wanted in the first place. Besides, do we really want to live the Christian life in our own power, using our own resources? I don’t. I tried that, and it didn’t work very well for me.

DRIVES US TO HIS WORD
I had a very rough week not long ago. It seemed that everything was falling apart around me. What did I do? I sought solace in the Word of God, in particular the Book of Psalms. There is real power in God’s Word. We can find the mind of God in the Word of God when we are in need of God. As David wrote, “ The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise ” (Psalm 51:7). Use the Word of God to pray back to God; at least you know you’re being biblical.

DRIVES US TO GODLY COUNSEL
In the very rough week I mentioned earlier, I sought God in prayer. I knew only God could help me. I dove into His Word, but I also sought godly counsel, which is a biblical thing to do in response to life when we you the wind knocked out of you. Solomon wrote, “Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety ” (Prov. 11:14). Don’t be afraid to humble yourself before others and seek their godly wisdom. I believe that every Timothy needs a Paul and every one of us needs a mentor, but we also need to be a mentor to someone else who is a newer Christian in the faith.

CONCLUSION
Charles Swindoll is right: Life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it. I urge you to respond in prayer, to acknowledge your dependence on God, to find help in His Word, and to seek godly counsel.

God bless you

By Pastor Jack Wellman

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2015
cry....e no easy oo
Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by winner01(m): 11:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Snowangel4:
cry....e no easy oo
It will be easy for you and I, in Jesus name. Whats the matter, are you okay??
Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2015
winner01:
It will be easy for you and I, in Jesus name. Whats the matter, are you okay??

Amen oo....

D problem I have is dat some people always complain dat I am very proud embarassed
Seriously I try to be humble in everything both in church and my others activities but dy will always hv something to complain.

It is depressing sad
Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by winner01(m): 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
Snowangel4:

Amen oo....

D problem I have is dat some people always complain dat I am very proud embarassed
Seriously I try to be humble in everything both in church and my others activities but dy will always hv something to complain.

It is depressing sad
If you are really humble, then Ill say be more concerned with what God says. That is what matters.

You cant always please everybody and the devil will try to make you feel depressed that you arnt.
Focus on God and do what is right.
God bless you.
Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
winner01:
If you are really humble, then Ill say be more concerned with what God says. That is what matters.

You cant always please everybody and the devil will try to make you feel depressed that you arnt.
Focus on God and do what is right.
God bless you.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by winner01(m): 12:26am On Oct 18, 2015
Snowangel4:

Thanks
Anytime dear. Feel free to talk to me anytime. God bless you.
Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by winner01(m): 8:03am On Nov 01, 2015
Bad things happen, learn to respond positively.
Re: 4 Ways To Respond To Life by winner01(m): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2015
Walk with God every step

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Was Jesus Being Rude To Mary When He Referred To Her As "Woman" In John 2:4? / Perfection of God! / Is It A Sin To Listen To Secular Instrumentals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.