Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Naija - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naija (4038 Views)

2019: Atiku, Lamido May Clash Over PDP Presidential Ticket. / 2019: Atiku, Dankwambo Fingered In PDP Leadership Tussle / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal & Saraki Are The Biggest Losers (2) (3) (4)

Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:28am On Oct 17, 2015
yimu

Re: Naija by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2015
unsellable and morally unfit to nigerians

Re: Naija by chymystique(f): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2015
Tonye, PDP is as good as dead remaining for the burial rites to be complete as long as having a shot @ the Presidency position is concerned. The sooner they change name, logo, mission statement, restructure the party, its members and etcetra, the better for them... but if its still these bunch of recycled thieves in the party that hop from one party to another, Am sorry they wont stand a chance @ Presidency even if they like they should zone to the post to Buhari's brother...

BTW, what makes you guys think PMB will allow PDP to take over from him in 2019?

Re: Naija by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2015
This is what happens when a man over-inflates his importance.
You think your opinion counts?
So funny

Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2015
JudismphD:
unsellable and morally unfit to nigerians
They are the real perpetually unelectable aspirants.
Re: Naija by permsec: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2015
Neither these two persons can win their constituents and that will be a total disaster for the PDP.

Me thinks the PDP should also consider selling a candidate who is perceived to be INCORRUPTIBLE and has zero case of corruption as well.

JEGA/AKPABIO for 2019.

Though multitude will defect to the PDP then but the party shouldnt be carried away by hypocrites such as Clark et al.
Re: Naija by qualityovenbake(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2015
I concur with your post, my question is; who do you think is fit to fly the PDP flag in 2019?
Re: Naija by Yellowson(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2015
Unfit grin buhahaha
Re: Naija by luche90(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2015
knowing the unpredictability of the actions and thoughts of the PDP, we can never know till the last day of the primaries, who the PDP will field as its flag bearer. Also, I don't see any NWC of the PDP allowing the loud, controversial Saraki, or the disloyal Atiku anywhere near Aso rock, acting on their behalf. PDP is now only interested in calm, astute thinkers, not loud pompous trumpeters. Besides both individuals have corruption cases wavering over their heads, so the possibility of the PDP giving them the ticket is almost impossible.
Re: Naija by Philistine(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2015
Whoever PDP field in 2019 does not really matter. The party is long dead and buried. No reasonable Nigerian would ever vote for that party again.

Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:
Tonye, PDP is as good as dead remaining for the burial rites to be complete as long as having a shot @ the Presidency position is concerned. The sooner they change name, logo, mission statement, restructure the party, its members and etcetra, the better for them... but if its still these bunch of recycled thieves in the party that hop from one party to another, Am sorry they wont stand a chance @ Presidency even if they like they should zone to the post to Buhari's brother...
BTW, what makes you guys think PMB will allow PDP to take over from him in 2019?
PDP will not field any of these morally bankrupt people. We have credible and sellable northern candidates that will kick out Buhari and APC in 2019(I will do an article on them later).

PDP is rising....

Re: Naija by FatIjeomaOkolie: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2015
Who should PDP field as Presidential Candidate?

Tonyebarcanista?

PDP is dead, the party cannot win a presidential election in this country. Now the presidential slot has been zoned to the Fulanis, the Igbos will not turnout to vote.

Besides, your opinion is irrelevant.

We are still waiting for a thread on the comments made by Akpabio and Elder Clark

#hypocrites

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija by Carmal90(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the announcement of PDP's zoning of 2019 Presidential ticket to the North, some political analysts and commentators have been pushing forward names of those that they 'think' should fly the PDP flag. Shockingly, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, ex-VP Atiku Abubakar were among the names mentioned.

Saraki and Atiku Abubakar Are Unfit To Fly PDP's 2019 Flag:
Apart from the fact that both men were part of the mess that PDP is trying to fix, I will explain other reasons why they are unfit to fly the PDP's flag as presidential candidate.

ATIKU ABUBAKAR:
Atiku's inordinate ambition to preside over the affairs of Nigeria started in 1993 during his days in the SDP when he lost to MKO Abiola in the primaries. Fast-forward to 1999-2007 when Atiku was the Vice President of Nigeria, he was indicted by the EFCC led by the courageous Mallam Nuhu Ribadu over the diverting over $145million of Petroleum Trust Development Fund(PTDF) where he (Atiku) served as Chairman of the fund. The report of EFCC's contracted forensic accountants were so strong that Atiku could only 'blame' his feud with Obasanjo as his defence without addressing the issue. The Senate committee that also investigated the report also indicted Atiku(along with Obasanjo), with Senator Athur Nzeribe making calls for their impeachment.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6402241.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2006/09/24/objatiku-scandal-what-efcc-failed-disclose-thenewssaharareporters
www.saharareporters.com/2007/02/28/breaking-news-ptdf-scandal-senate-indicts-obj-atiku-impeachment-motion-looms

I will also love Nigerians to see the reaction of fellow Nigerians when the report first broke out in 2007 www.nairaland.com/42503/atiku-indicted.

Aside his alleged corruption, Atiku's adoption of 'Northern card' in 2010 when he sought to kick-out Jonathan to clinch the PDP's ticket for 2011 Presidential election is still fresh in our(my) mind. In 2010 Atiku Abubakar, Aliyu Gusau, Gen IBB and Bukola Saraki all submitted themselves to Adamu Ciroma led Northern Political Leaders Forum to come up with a consensus NORTHERN candidate to upstage Southern Goodluck Jonathan. In fact, after the emergence of Atiku Abubakar as the 'consensus', he ran a northern campaign that made it appear like the North and the South were at war. His slogan in the north was "Naka Sai Naka" meaning Northerners go for your own.
See for reference: www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12193681

ABUBAKAR BUKOLA SARAKI
Saraki just like Atiku is another moral burden. Saraki was fingered by the police as one of those that looted Societe Generale Bank aground. He is also under EFCC's investigation over his continued looting of resources belonging to Kwara state as governor since 2003(he's still the governor). It is no secret that Abubakar Saraki was docked in Code of Conduct Tribunal over corruption that borders on falsification of asset before the Code of Conduct Bureau.

Outside corruption, Saraki was among the 'northern' aspirants that employed divisive/sectarian tactics in 2010 in his bid to upstage Dr Goodluck Jonathan as the PDP Presidential candidate for 2011 poll. In a twist of it all, the same Northerners rejected Saraki but adopted Atiku because they didn't consider Saraki to be 'northern enough' to be northern condidate.

After he was rejected, he settled for the Senate. Even as governor of Kwara state, Saraki was a complete failure!

The duo of Saraki and Atiku may have all the billions in the world but they are unfit to occupy the office of the President. The office of the President of Nigeria should never be for sale. The PDP has the responsibility to present someone that enjoys acceptability across board for the good of the party and Nigeria.

May God Bless Us All
May God Bless Nigeria

You are attributing more relevance to yourself, though am not a fan of both of them, but they are the best bet for presidential candidate if pdp really think of upsatging apc in 2019, bring on your corruptless dankwambo, shekarau and ribadu to the party primary... And you will know the power of this two politician...
Ribadu kooo, shekarau nii

Re: Naija by zenith4biz(m): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2015
Ribadu/NOI

Vs

El Rufai/Fashola
Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:
knowing the unpredictability of the actions and thoughts of the PDP, I don't see any NWC of the PDP allowing the loud, controversial nature of both men ruining their chances of taking power back from the ruling party. Besides both individuals have corruption cases wavering over their heads, so the possibility of the PDP giving them the ticket is almost impossible.
Well, the good thing is that the present NWC is leaving office in March 2016. At this point of our national life, we have to play politics of national interest by presenting and supporting sellable candidates for 2019.

Re: Naija by chymystique(f): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

PDP will not field any of these morally bankrupt people. We have credible and sellable northern candidates that will kick out Buhari and APC in 2019(I will do an article on them later).

PDP is rising....

I like your faith though in PDP and am not referring to Saraki and Atiku.. I mean the name "PDP" cant ve a shot @ Presidency even if they field the best northerner till they rebrand in all forms esp name changing just as APC is PDP extension party. If not they are going to fail woefully and I dont think PMB would even allow free and fair like GEJ mind you.

Re: Naija by luche90(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2015
Philistine:
Whoever PDP field in 2019 does not really matter. The party is long dead and buried. No reasonable Nigerian would ever vote for that party again.
Then you don't need to worry. The APC, should just sit back, relax, make empty promises and do nothing positive for the nation, afterall the PDP is already DEAD. No need to bother. I guess the President and his vice share the same ideas as you.
Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2015
zenith4biz:
Ribadu/NOI

Vs

El Rufai/Fashola
I'll rather Ribadu/Obi though I will always support Ribadu/NOI. Thanks to the social media, we will match whichever opposition to us and floor them. I'm a very strong campaigner of Ribadu2019 project because of my desire to see credible candidate emerge winner from the PDP and for the good of Nigeria.
Re: Naija by luche90(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
Who should PDP field as Presidential Candidate?

Tonyebarcanista?

PDP is dead, the party cannot win a presidential election in this country. Now the presidential slot has been zoned to the Fulanis, the Igbos will not turnout to vote.

Besides, your opinion is irrelevant.

We are still waiting for a thread on the comments made by Akpabio and Elder Clark

#hypocrites
Well, on the contrary, the PDP does listen to its supporters and low rank members. That's why the ticket of 2007 was given to Yaradua and Jonathan, due to the aspirations of the nation in allowing the minority ethnic group having an individual in the executive. They also listened to the people when they made GEJ, the acting President, and later the substantive president. The PDP, is not the APC, who scream they are PARTY SUPREMACISTS, but really are just SELFISH SUPREMACISTS.
Re: Naija by neolboy(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2015
Anyone apart from d duara of fulani will b fit for 2019

Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:07am On Oct 17, 2015
chymystique:

I like your faith though in PDP and am not referring to Saraki and Atiku.. I mean the name "PDP" cant ve a shot @ Presidency even if they field the best northerner till they rebrand in all forms esp name changing just as APC is PDP extension party. If not they are going to fail woefully and I dont think PMB would even allow free and fair like GEJ mind you.

Rebranding is not about change of name, its about change of principles and ideology. The PDP is already determined to get things right and correct so many ills. Chief among these ills is the calibre of people that it presents for office. As for Buhari and election, the Bayelsa and Kogi guber poll will be litmus test for his democratic principles. So I'm giving them the benefit of doubt in that regard.

Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2015
CC: Sdindan Roob chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots
Re: Naija by luche90(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I'll rather Ribadu/Obi though I will always support Ribadu/NOI. Thanks to the social media, we will match whichever opposition to us and floor them. I'm a very strong campaigner of Ribadu2019 project because of my desire to see credible candidate emerge winner from the PDP and for the good of Nigeria.
I have a feeling that the PDP will up the stakes, by being the first political party to put a woman's name on the ballot box. I see NOI as the vice Presidential candidate.
Re: Naija by ionsman: 11:10am On Oct 17, 2015
You are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Those who will decide know themselves. Your opinion matters not.

Put your life to good use.

Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2015
luche90:

I have a feeling that the PDP will up the stakes, by being the first political party to put a woman's name on the ballot box. I see NOI as the vice Presidential candidate.
Having Ribadu/NOI on the ticket will be a fine combo! Both of them command local and international respect and are people of impeccable antecedents. I bet that Buhari/Osinbajo will find it tough squaring against the team.
Re: Naija by faray: 11:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Naija by Beremx(f): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2015
ionsman:
You are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Those who will decide know themselves. Your opinion matters not.

100likes!

Re: Naija by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2015
zenith4biz:
Ribadu/NOI

Vs

El Rufai/Fashola
The Former will thrash the latter.. Why El Rufai/Fashola? What about PMB/Osinbajo? Una de pursue them? Or can't you guys present Osinbajo/El Rufai ticket?
Re: Naija by luche90(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Rebranding is not about change of name, its about change of principles and ideology. The PDP is already determined to get things right and correct so many ills. Chief among these ills is the calibre of people that it presents for office. As for Buhari and election, the Bayelsa and Kogi guber poll will be litmus test for his democratic principles. So I'm giving them the benefit of doubt in that regard.
The President and his party have already failed the litmus test even before it touched the acid. His cousin is still the acting/substantive chairman of INEC, while his other cousin is still the head of the DSS. The fact that he allowed the party to rubbish his anti-corruption stance by presenting both Timpriye Silva and Abubakar Audu as their candidates, clearly shows that the President was either never a fair competitor or has long jettisoned the idea of fair competition and sportsmanship. Expect both elections to be a war, and it will only get worse in 2016 and far worse in 2019.
Re: Naija by Firefire(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2015
Aligned!
Re: Naija by frankyychiji(f): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2015
zenith4biz:
Ribadu/NOI

Vs

El Rufai/Fashola
You want Fashola to fly Apcs vice-presidential ticket? Where will osubande be traveling to by then? Do you seriously think Tinubu the owner of ApC will allow Fashola to come to such prominence?
Tonye, no serious minded person has ever canvassed for the presentation of the duo. They are welcome in Pdp but can never be the flag bearers. For me Ribadu/Akpabio is the only choice.
Re: Naija by luche90(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2015
ionsman:

So you know you are inconsequential in the plans of the APC, and you are still a supporter. See ZOMBIE.

And They Successfully Ripped Apart This Buhari Supporter (pics) / APGA Presidential Flag Off Marred By Low Turnout Resident Shun Event - Pics / Was Mallam El-rufai Really Involved In A Car Crash.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69