Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,427 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai (624 Views)

Buratai Leads FG Delegates To Sambisa Forest. Photos / Buratai And His Wives Own Dubai Property - Sahara Reporters / How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Naijacitizen(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, has charged Nigerian troops to be determined in the fight against terrorists as the future of the country depends on them. The army chief stated this in a special message to troops fighting insurgents in the North-east made available to Daily Trust yesterday.

Part of the message read: “The next few days will be crucial to Operation Lafiya Dole. It is also crucial to our country Nigeria. Our sovereignty as a nation is threatened. The Nigerian Army and indeed the military as the symbol of our nationhood is being challenged.  Our ability to stand and defeat the Boko Haram terrorists in the next few weeks will determine the future of our country.”

It continued: “We cannot afford to lose the fight. We are better trained and better equipped. The whole nation is behind us. Mr. President is with us. Let us remain steadfast in this noble cause. Be courageous. We must degrade and defeat the terrorists. This job must be done. We must make our country proud.”

Source http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/future-of-nigeria-depends-on-fighting-troops-buratai/115400.html

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Mogidi: 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, has charged Nigerian troops to be determined in the fight against terrorists as the future of the country depends on them.

What's the meaning of the above? He meant to say the future of the North and probably the SW, the rest of us have no fear of boko haram. I can spot an Hausa/Fulani man a mile off in my town.
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Naijacitizen(m): 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mogidi:

What's the meaning of the above?
You won't understand till you stop taking OGOGORO.

1 Like

Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Mogidi: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
Naijacitizen:

You won't understand till you stop taking OGOGORO.
Bros tell ya mum to stop offering me free ogogoro.

1 Like

Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Beesluv: 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
Point of correction, its the future of the North.
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by MisterLongman(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
Story Story
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
Truth be told, Nigerian army can't win war against Boko boys they can't
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by tswitch: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
Oga Buratai abi what dem they call you sef, it is your future and that of your pay masters up north that is tied to Boko Haram.
Were you not the same person saying the insurgents were surrendering in droves a while back?
Go and face ya work with ya six packed stomach.
Ding bat!
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by BENZINA(m): 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
Buratai, Buratai, Buratai, words alone cannot solve this ooh, i'm sure they need "Igbooo".
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Okanokan(m): 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
The statement by the COAS is loaded, and thus do not need emotional outburst, but direct and analytical questions that should tell Nigerians what is really happening at the frontline. Is General Buratai telling Nigerians that Boko Haram insurgents are gaining the Upper hand? Or that Nigerian Army has to put thier act together within the next week so that we don't lose the war. Interpreting his statement is quite frightening, General Buratai should come out clean with Nigerians, what is happening at the frontline? Are we losing the war? What can Nigerians do to aid our soldiers in the new offensive?
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by datola: 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
This is serious!
Re: Future Of Nigeria Depends On Fighting Troops – Buratai by Naijacitizen(m): 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mogidi:

Bros tell ya mum to stop offering me free ogogoro.

Mogidi, I take God beg you say leave my innocent mother out this dirty game cause I no fit put ya own oo.

(1) (Reply)

We Done Win We Done Win....... Ameachi is a minister / Amaechi Blows Hard On Wike, Exposes His Financial Deals / Why Can't Nigerians Use The Word 'Rule' Correctly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.