Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market (24861 Views)

FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / Certification Vs Masters: Which Is Hotter In Nigerian Labour Market? / What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Mbamifeanyi(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2016
Rizin:

very simple and short.
1. Go to waec office and they will tell u how to draft the affidavits.
2. Take the later to court to type n sign as affidavits
3. Return to waec office for them to stamp and minute on it......................
4. Attach the original to ur waec result n use it wherever u go.
Note: just like ur NYSC certificate no body will change the result for u.
Thank u

op this guy have said it all. a friend of mine once had same problem , and he did exactly as the guy I quoted
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by ujay77: 11:46am On Apr 13, 2016
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by IrradiatoR: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
JVgal:
Same tin happened to me today. got rejected cos of error in my dob. The years is correct just d date. Instead of august 5th, waec put may 8th. Just dat error n d man said I am nt qualified

that man must be quite rigid and possibly wicked!
I wonder what difference in performance would being born in May rather than August in a particular year cause.

1 Like

Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by JVgal(f): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
IrradiatoR:

that man must be quite rigid and possibly wicked!
I wonder what difference in performance would being born in May rather than August in a particular year cause.

And he attended to a lady without original result.
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by beepromise: 3:28pm On May 14, 2016
ujay77:
Thank you Ayokunle but the annoying thing is even this WAEC I am stressing for like this is just for sighting because the results were so bad....i have gotten a contact who has promised to do it in Lag within a month I just need to confirm the authenticity.
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by ujay77: 12:44pm On May 18, 2016
@ promise I eventually did not use the guy there is no guarantee but you could still go to waec office n lay your complaint
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Jossy12345: 3:19pm On May 18, 2016
Hello peeps, pls i need your advice this. is it advisable for some1 now in service who hd completed his Ssce since 2008 buh passed only Neco to sit for another waec.. ll companies accept it.. thanks in advance.
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by beepromise: 2:35pm On May 22, 2016
@ Ujay77, thanks. I'll do just that.
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Ameh1996(m): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
abt the waec date of birth u complained. hw have u gone wit it now. did u went to waec n did u retify it. i have the same issue now.
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by richie9093(m): 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hybekay004:
Dear fellow Nairalanders,

I want to use this platform to seek for your advice on this issue: when I collected my WAEC certificate two years ago, I discovered a mistake on the date of birth the certificate carries. According to what appears on the certificate, I am three years older than my actual age - the birth day and month don't even correspond. Then, I ignored it, hoping I'd do something about it later. I never realized the likely challenge it was going to pose until I got an invite to come and write a test for a job I applied for (I'm a graduate now). At the test center, one of the men in charge spotted the DOB on my WAEC certificate and called my attention to it, demanding an explanation as it was different from what appeared on my CV. I told him it was a mistake from WAEC and he immediately wrote on my CV with a red ink, advising me to take it back to WAEC office for correction and rectification. At that spot, I doubted my chance of getting shortlisted among the successful candidates.

My question now is: which of the WAEC offices do I return it to? The state where I wrote the exam or any of WAEC offices in the country? Some persons suggested that I should swear an affidavit to back up my real age and ignore the mistake on the certificate. Is this appropriate or what do you suggest I can do? Your candid pieces of advice are warmly welcomed. Thanks anticipatorily for your contributions.

Bruh, how far? Did you later solve the issue and did you still get the job?

I'll appreciate your quick response. Thanks.
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Partnerbiz3: 7:05am On Aug 31, 2017
tosan24:
@ Hybekay004 you need to go to WAEC office opposite YABATECH, they ll correct the mistake on the certificate for you. That is they ll collect the copy with the wrong DOB on it and provide a new copy with a corrected DOB.

Be prepared though its a cumbersome process. You might likely be frantically shuttling between their YABA Office to their Ogba Office.

It happened to me too.

It can take about 3-4 months of serious running around.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers.
pls wat are the processes involved?
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Partnerbiz3: 7:10am On Aug 31, 2017
ayokunle032:

YES it POSSIBLY i also had dis same issue wen i went for UBA job test last month, d guy clearly say'd ny one wit error of date of birth shud just leav immediately, so i left nd i immediately went to weac office @ yaba but i was told to go to my secondary school were i tuk d exam un4tunatly my secondary school is located in abuja, so afta abut a week i went to abuja frm lagos nd wen i got to my secondary skul i was ask to mit d exam officer nd he told me it cost 10k after it must hav bin accepted but b4r den i shud go sworn an avidavit wich i did nd i also foto copied ma birth certificate nd as well droped d original dat same day nd i paid 5k i was told it for d skul transportation to weac offices, so wen i got der d next day i was given bck my original birth certificate nd i was ask to pay 10k shud d application for correction b accepted or if i prefer to wait until it accepted i can go with d 10k, since i would not lik to com bck to d school i paid d 10k dat day nd i was told i shud not worry dat dy will get bck to me, cal'd d exam officer last week nd he told me it bin accepted dat by next month i can ask any one to com collect d corrected copy on ma behalf.

Note
Ensure u ask ur d exam officer to giv u a form of leter attesting d fact dat ur original is bein processed ok.

And also if ir weac is private jiz ignore all av reply'd cox dat a whole new ball game **** cheers

DONT BE SCEARD IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE IT WILL ONLY COST YOU ALOT OF MONEY ND TIME WASTING my total expenses was close to 50k tho cox i ad to travel to abuja etc

Please which birth certificate did you submit?
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by opizu: 7:42am On Aug 31, 2017
is waec still doing the correction on certificates? how's the processing
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by sykeng(m): 5:35am On Jun 22, 2018
same error of date of birth was made on mine, thank God I have NECO and NABTEB, for that I did not even bother to take it to waec office, can't pass that hirdle.

1 Like

Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Hollyharjii: 8:01am On May 14, 2019
Nice
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Bunmi98: 6:28am On Sep 06, 2019
Modify tlyour waec details at www.waeccomplaint.site123.me
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Bscholarly: 9:39am On Oct 27, 2019
How to change name/date of birth in WAEC result: WAEC understands that we are all human beings and we make mistakes sometimes. That is why they made it possible for students who entered wrong names/date of birth during WAEC registration to change those wrong details. More so, you will agree with me that having a wrong name or date of birth in any of your certificate is capable of rendering that certificate useless. For instance, it is probably impossible to gain admission in any national or foreign institution where your name in both your certificate of birth and your WAEC certificate does not tally.

Not only is it important that the names in your certificate must be correct. It is also very important that they follow the same sequence. So you see, the chances of making mistake is very high. However, thank God that WAEC now allow for correction of results. In this short tutorial, i will be showing you how to change your name/date of birth in WAEC certificate. This applies to both WAEC GCE results and school results.

Note that i am not trying to brainstorm a solution for students who have wrong names and date of birth in this post. Everything here has been certified by the West African Examination Council (WAEC). To be frank, i got this solution from the Twitter handle of WAEC when they where answering questions of students.

So don't panic. This is the best and most reliable solution if you have wrong name/date of birth in your WAEC certificate. Now here we go!

Follow the link below to continue reading:
https://bscholarly.com/how-to-change-name-date-of-birth-in-waec-result/
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Inayachem: 12:26am On Dec 31, 2022
[quote author=profinaya post=39588820]@ ok
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Inayachem: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2022
[quote author=profinaya post=39588820]@ ok
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by Inayachem: 12:29am On Dec 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by engrpaulineyo: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2023
Correction and rectification of any WAEC , WAEC Gce results, mistake on date of Birth ( DoB ) , Names spelling mistake and Year is still on going .
Plz note : Waec mistake on Results or Certificate can be corrected, rectify and Candidate will be issued another new Certificate.
Call or WhatsApp Dr Paul W A E C 0ficial on - O 9 O 6 5 4 1 O 3 5 7 , for Assistance now.

1 Like

Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by julianayomi: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2023
adebolaghdr:
I am having problems on my Waec date of birth needs correction. Please how will I go about this
contact Dr Paul to help you to correct your Waec DOB
Re: Mistake On His WAEC Certificate Poses A Challenge To Him In The Labour Market by barryatunde: 12:48am On Aug 24, 2023
julianayomi:
contact Dr Paul to help you to correct your Waec DOB
ok I have forwarded my details to him for my wrong names correction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JOB: I Just Got An Invite From The Address Below. Please How Real It Is ? / Which NNPC Subsidiary Is The Best To Work With? / NNPC Reschedules Oral Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.