Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) (38118 Views)

Notorious Fraudster Arrested At Kano Airport Again With 848 ATM Cards. Photos / NDLEA Arrests Man With Fake N9.8Million Notes In Kwara (Photos) / RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by ManTiger(m): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
sigiyaya:
Is he a YORUBA man?
He's not a Yoloba, he be Igbo.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Naija or Biafra, this is a perfect example in sticking together since all our yansh black to call a space a space... And all igbos on nairalander suddenly don't know what to say or sic write because no be Tinubu or Buhari. Shame. [color=#990000][/color]
asuustrike2009:

It's really about tribe but an individual. It can because any tribe be it hausa, igbo, Yoruba, edo e.t.c
ManTiger:

He's not a Yoloba, he be Igbo.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by ewizard1: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
OkparaJesus:
Igbos are all thieves.
Heysss! Yorubas nko?
Yes, I'm Yoruba! All tribes got their Black sheeps.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by ewizard1: 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Must it always be Igbo?
I'm so ashamed to be an Igbo man
Don't be bro. It's hard not to find a black sheep amongst us. Just continue being YOU!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by DedeNkem: 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
I don't care if this criminal is my Igbo brethren or not, I've ZERO tolerance for any crime or corruption! I despise corruption so much. Nothing destroys a nation than it!

In a company abroad where I work, I'm stationed in the crime division and my job is to put criminals in jail.

The present corrupt head of EFCC can't qualify in where I work. We know all the serious crime fighters in world, Ibrahim Lamorde is NOT one of them. Nuhu Ribadu was better in EFCC even though he was also corrupt and Obasanjo's stooge.

I can do a better in EFCC. And the only way I could accept this job is;
1. if I would be allowed to provide myself, my family and staffers, foreign security. I've zero trust for any Nigerian security agency.
2. if EFCC would become independent without the President's grip. EFCC boss should ONLY be elected or removed by Nigerian Bar Association.

If I become the EFCC boss tomorrow, Obasanjo will be my first jail trophy. The next is IBB and followed by Jonathan. I'll also target both present and past Governors, Senators, Reps, Ministers, Commissioners, Local govt. Chairmen and other corrupt citizens.

Nigeria needs an incorruptible, bold and ruthless crime fighter.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by bareal(m): 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
sigiyaya:
Is he a YORUBA man?

for wia? when flat heads still dey exist

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by ZITRAN: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
Igbo jati jati
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by churchillojugbe: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2015
na wa for this boys
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by Unconditionalov: 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2015
The moneytery policy should be re-visited because there are some good you don't import with FORM M

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by baloney: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
108 ATM card
omo naija na uuuooo haba!
make i check my card
even nw that dis boys dey
clone anything what can man do
about it.
To China scam alert.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by mavinc4u(f): 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
My question is; did he steal the cards? Whose names are on the cards? With the height of strict policy available for business personnel before they can carry out their business transaction is alarming. People must look for a way out. Before we condemn this man, lets find out if the cards were stolen or not.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by XaintJoel20: 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
Abeg which state dem say the boy for come just now
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by Ayatullah(m): 12:20am On Oct 18, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Must it always be Igbo?
BE BORN AGAIN

You can be born again. Forward your desired tribe to: www.igbofraudsters.Biafra.com
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by ExInferis(m): 12:20am On Oct 18, 2015
Another one caught.

All their shops are fronts for crime.

Curse you for soiling our image abroad.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by dhappyking(m): 12:31am On Oct 18, 2015
mavinc4u:
My question is; did he steal the cards? Whose names are on the cards? With the height of strict policy available for business personnel before they can carry out their business transaction is alarming. People must look for a way out. Before we condemn this man, lets find out if the cards were stolen or not.

Thank you, my Dear. You are the one making sense here. The government , through CBN,has closed virtually all the avenues for sending money out of this country. They are forcing legitimate traders and genuine business men who need to send money to other parts of the world to go through the official windows of FORM M, FORM A and MTOs. But these means have their limitations. People resorted to ATM cards, they restricted that to a maximum $300 or N60,000 limit a day. Reason is that they want to support our external reserve/ Naira.
So what is a way out? Get as many cards as possible, send them to someone in China, Dubai or wherever you import from. Then fund those accounts here, in Naira and your partner at the other end withdraws from the cards to pay for the goods. Whereas one card can give you $300, ten cards will give you $3,000 in a day. So the more the cards, the better. Hence until a full investigation is done, it will not be fair to conclude on the true intent and purpose of the cards custodian. Recently, people were also caught with lots of dollars ingested or hidden in very strange places. They may easily be termed money launderers , but then a closer look may reveal otherwise. It takes being an insider to understand what is happening most of the time. The banker in the house and our Igbo importers in Idumota and Onitsha can throw more light on this.

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by gbodimowo(m): 12:39am On Oct 18, 2015
Unconditionalov:
The moneytery policy should be re-visited because there are some good you don't import with FORM M

pls tell those dull headed guys
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by basilo101: 1:23am On Oct 18, 2015
the lazy rusted roof dwellers do not understand how the dullards policy is hurting real businesses. ppl need to pay for their goods and ship them home for profit ASAP. they have no case agaist him
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 18, 2015
The boy is not a thief they have an agent there the truth is that this new bank policy not paying in dollars ,some importas use that way,Example if my ATM is with the guy once I pay in money to my account the boy will withdraw, there is maximum you can withdraw per day so when the money is dew I will just travel, is business they have there percentage.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by JayJustus(m): 1:49am On Oct 18, 2015
tdayof
your eastern brothers have done it again...oya
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by BobUg28(m): 1:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Where is my ATM? Oh! You mean this guy stole my ATM_ Thank God they caught him. Let me quickly call GARBA... grin grin
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by obiuzonwa: 2:06am On Oct 18, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Must it always be Igbo?

Just mix three table spoons full of cement in a glass of cold water and drink, and trust me you'll stop being an IGBO man...
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by obiuzonwa: 2:11am On Oct 18, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

- I don't get this
- does NDLEA check traveller's wallet?
- I am not aware of any chip detecting scanner at the airport
- I am not sure this is possible.

I believe the guy didn't want to tip them that's why he's own case is like that, its not something new. Its been on for a long while now.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by futurenix(m): 5:14am On Oct 18, 2015
OkparaJesus:
Igbos are all thieves.

I will prefer his crime a trillion times over raping and an infinite times raping own blood.

At least there is hard earned money in the accounts and not yahoo yahoo money from Old women and others.
It takes a brilliant brain to think to that height if you ask me. Just all in trying to import goods.

Its always good to think before commenting. It's likely they formed an association as a result of the CBN policy. Since there's a daily withdrawal limit on each ATM, the many of it will mean withdrawing more daily. Probably it's an agreement for their members to give their ATM cards to one person who must have transfered his cash to the various accounts so he can withdraw them while in China to buy his goods. Once he returns the process will repeat for another member.
It's just the way I see it which I think it's really amazing.

Keep trying guys your just the scape goat. It's better than armed robbery and raping every skirt that comes your way (blood related or not).

As for the academic slowpoke ashamed of his tribe I think there's always rat poison for your rat-brained types.

Always admiring these people's thoughts and brain.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by lordmagic(m): 6:13am On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmm,wat is wrong wit d NDLEA sef? Anyway dis is nigeria wia wit any federal force uniform u ar entitle to do d funtions of EFCC,police,army,etc,
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by saintandsinnerz: 7:03am On Oct 18, 2015
Emmy4Naija:
Contrary to what most of the people on this forum think...EFCC may not have a case against the fellow as he didn't steal the cards from the owners.

Only importers, Chinese suppliers and the banks including CBN know what that guy is into...FOREX for importation. Legitimate biz must continue
You and some few other people are the only intelligent people in this thread! Other people were making senseless comments without knowing this is a legitimate forex business that is very popular now. What they do is that they pay a huge some of money in banks and take the ATM to China to withdraw the money in dollars at a cheaper exchange rate over there. They will either sell the dollars over there to millions of Nigerian traders who may need forex or send it back to Nigeria, but usually they sell the money there. This is a business the banks in Nigeria is aware of and i don't think the Chinese banks where these monies are withdrawn are not aware of this practice. Well i don't have a full grasp of the money laundering law, but i think this is a genuine business. I believe the ATM cards they got from the guy were from different people who gave him their cards for the said business. I know all these because when i visited a friend who is into forex business in Onitsha, he told me all these and he said it was genuine because the banks know about it.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by mayorphilz: 8:12am On Oct 18, 2015
This is a big lie they producer of this news is not good enough to be a producer you said 6 fidelity cards how come am seeing 8 the numbers you said did not correspond to the cards am seeing

Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by fotadmowmend(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2015
it remains me of the movie : Plastic
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:45am On Oct 18, 2015
sigiyaya:
Is he a YORUBA man?
yes, he is not.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by sigiyaya(m): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

yes, he is not.
Ufan mi, abadie?
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2015
sigiyaya:
Ufan mi, abadie?
mba nte moses mbaba afia. Idioko iboho. Asuk anam si fud idi?
Re: NDLEA Arrests Man With 108 ATM Cards (Photos) by shamson: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2015
I think the authority will do a thorough job to establish the bank officials that authorise the issuers of the cards

To get rid of corruption, we must learn to do things differently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Australian Man Escapes From Kidnappers In Calabar / Bukola Odeyemi Kills John Iju, Her Boyfriend Over N2,500 / EFCC Arrests 18 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.