Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) (32474 Views)

Notorious Fraudster Arrested At Kano Airport Again With 848 ATM Cards. Photos / RRS Arrests Six Kid-robbers In Oshodi (Photo) / RRS Arrests Robber During House-To-House Robbery In Agege,Others Flee With Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by dre11(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Kazeem Ugbodaga

The operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a man claiming to be insane in possession of 22 ATM credit cards, 2 mobile phones and power bank in Victoria Island area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

The man, Lanrewaju Jaiyeola, 39, was intercepted by the operatives where he was sighted in a suspicious manner carrying a backpack on Ozumba Nbadiwe Road.

According to one of the police officers who arrested Jaiyeola, “when we sighted him, he appeared like a mentally sick man but we invited him for interrogation, he answered and responded normal to all our enquiries.

“Afterwards, he started straying from the normal course of our enquiries. This raised further curiosity and we decided to check out his backpack. What we found was startling; 22 assorted credit cards, 1 Nokia phone with flat battery, a blackberry, a power bank, several bank tellers of recent bank transactions, and lots of invoices amidst numerous pieces of papers.

“On further scrutiny, we discovered that eight of the credit cards were still valid. Out of these; three would expire in 2018, another three would expire in 2017 while two would expire in 2016. All the credit cards bore different names and banks.”

Upon arrival at the RRS Headquarters in Alausa, the suspect made “statements suggestive of somebody disguising as a mad man to perpetrate crime around that axis.

“Initially, we noticed that he was mentally balanced because he was answering the questions posted to him adequately. But all of a sudden, he started to sound incoherent and illogical again,” the officer explained.

The police said that there is still more to what they had discovered from the supposed mad man.

While interrogating him, he threatened the investigative police officer, saying “I will make life unbearable for you if you don’t let me go. It was at this point we realised that possibly he might be enjoying the patronage of some highly placed people whom we believe he might working for,” the officer added.

It was further learnt that the suspect was on the watch of the police for about two weeks before he was arrested on Wednesday.

The suspect has been transferred to Special Anti-Robbery Squad where he is expected to be subjected to further investigations and psychiatric examinations.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/02/14/rrs-arrests-mad-man-with-22-atm-cards/

Pic 1: Lanrewaju Jaiyeola, the ‘Mad man’ arrested with 22 ATM cards

Pic 2: Items recovered from Jaiyeola who claims to be mad.

2 Shares

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by INTROVERT(f): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Looking at this guy, one can tell he is not mad just a mad criminal...... Rickrichards, ivory2009 see your GT atm cards. tongue tongue tongue tongue

#Bafta2016.. I hope John Boyega wins 'rising star' and bridge of spies best movie.

5 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Card cloning
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by onatisi(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
With that cassette tape ,I will suggest that this man is mentally unstable. No normal person keeps cassette tape nowadays and even all his stuff are junk. Just my opinion

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Mutuwa(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
Make them beat craze commot from en body nah!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by RichThug(m): 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
Loool the dude na Yahoo boy, con run mad based on one or two logistics cheesy cheesy front page oh.. *waving my hands* i wanna tank my friends and family for the support, my unknown gf for the subs and Emptyhen for the speed. *Bows and french kissed Buhari's Daughter*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by IVORY2009(m): 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
INTROVERT:
Looking at this guy, one can tell he is not mad just a mad criminal...... Rickrichards, ivory2009 see your GT atm cards. tongue tongue tongue tongue

#Bafta2016.. I hope John Boyega wins 'rising star' and bridge of spies best movie.

Thats called cloning, I hope yours is not among, pls check carefully, happie val...
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by blazetitov: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
They should also subject him to water board testing. They pose as mad people to kidnap, rape and rob innocent people. With the powerbank found on him, I can say he is not mentally challenged

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Kelklein(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
I hope they won't keep him in the same cell with normal people..

meanwhile here is wishing all NLers a lovely Valentine

..with lots of ♥♥♥

4 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by kennyman2000(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
You see. Buhari was right afterall
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by shamecurls(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Madness pays
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by neolboy(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Fake mad man
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by eedriyz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Lawa ooo. these guys will stop at nothing
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by jamace(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Madness is not for kids. His Nollywood don backfire. grin grin
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by pedrilo: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
onatisi:
With that cassette tape ,I will suggest that this man is mentally unstable. No normal person keeps cassette tape nowadays and even all his stuff are junk. Just my opinion
fool

5 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by atoleybaba(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mad criminal trying to act like he knows nothing
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Morkavictor: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
What his name?
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Na dem again...STEALING AND MADNESS IS THEIR SIGNATURE
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Btruth: 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Wonders shall never end. sad
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Flashh: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
shamecurls:
Madness pays

You no well at all. grin
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Eyor1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dat oduduwa in human 4m grin
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
That guy is ok.
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
pedrilo:
fool
dats unecessary

4 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by skelewu404(m): 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Powerbank like seriously even a mad man knows the power situation in this country

1 Like

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by pankere(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Na gimmick. He's not mad at all. Which mad man keeps power bank?
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by humanbeing5th(f): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
onatisi:

4 Likes

Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by cocoberry(f): 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
Zicoraads see ur missing ATM card with were man!
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by JAkpayen(m): 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
blazetitov:
They should also subject him to water board testing. They pose as mad people to kidnap, rape and rob innocent people. With the powerbank found on him, I can say he is not mentally challenged
You want him to suffocate. There are other EITs the SARS team can use to get the needed info from the supposedly mad man. Probably he may even be working as a spy for someone.
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by seenter84: 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
Which man mad sef sabi him age shocked
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by seunt4ut(m): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
Spies everywhere now.
Re: RRS Arrests ‘mad Man’ With 22 ATM Cards (Photos) by herkeym001(m): 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
amunibuni eran ibiye, eleyi matuje ki awon omo igbo ma soro siyan anyhow ni sin. Were alaso.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) / Another Badoo Member Caught And Beaten By Mob In Ikorodu (pics) / Danish Husband’s Blood Matched Those Found On Zainab, Daughter– Forensic Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.