Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Risk Of Over Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Risk Of Over Weight (815 Views)

Are You Over Weight? / Over Weight And Pregnancy / Save money over Weight and Fat Reduction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
Overweight and obesity affect NIgerian of all ages, sexes, and racial/ethnic groups. This serious health problem has been growing over the last 30 years.

Adults

According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination survey , almost 70 percent of Nigerians are overweight or obese. The survey also shows differences in overweight and obesity among racial/ethnic groups.

In women, overweight and obesity are highest which affect most marriage.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2015
A Natural Supplement almost nobody is aware of , that can help you overcome Uncomfortable  body weight. Even if everything else that you have tried didn't work for you.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
High Blood Pressure

Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of the arteries as the heart pumps blood. If this pressure rises and stays high over time, it can damage the body in many ways.

Your chances of having high blood pressure are greater if you're overweight or obese.

Stroke

Being overweight or obese can lead to a buildup of plaque in your arteries. Eventually, an area of plaque can rupture, causing a blood clot to form.

If the clot is close to your brain, it can block the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain and cause a stroke. The risk of having a stroke rises as BMI increases
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 7:45am On Oct 20, 2015
Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated are the healthy types of fa that can improve cholesterol levels, decreasing your risk for cardiovascular disease according to MayoClinic.com. Monounsaturated fats -- found in nuts, avocados and olive oil -- promote better sugar control and insulin levels. Polyunsaturated fats include omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are essential fats your body needs. Eating a diet that includes good sources of polyunsaturated fat can lower your blood pressure, protect against irregular heartbeats and lower your risk for Type 2 diabetes, according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Additionally, your body relies on omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for proper brain development and function.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 7:45am On Oct 20, 2015
Saturated fat is a type of fat that comes mainly from animal products, such as meat and dairy products, as well as coconut and palm oils. This type of fat is unhealthy for your body and may increase your risk of Type 2 diabetes, according to MayoClinic.com. It may also increase your risk of heart disease by increasing your LDL, or "bad," cholesterol. The National Institutes of Health reports that saturated fat is the main dietary cause of high LDL cholesterol. Decreasing your risk of heart disease is not as simple as cutting back on the saturated fat in your diet. The Harvard School of Public Heath states individuals can decrease their risk of heart disease by replacing the saturated fat in their diet with healthy unsaturated fat but not by replacing the saturated fat with other unhealthy nutrients, such as refined carbohydrates.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2015
Trans fat is the most unhealthful type of fat, according to the Center for Young Women's Health. MayoClinic.com states that trans fat can both increase your LDL cholesterol and decrease your HDL, or "good," cholesterol, thus increasing your risk of heart disease. Additionally, consuming trans fat can increase the inflammation in your body, which may increase your risk of cardiovascular disease and Type 2 diabetes, and it can lead to insulin resistance, according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Harvard also reports that for every 2-percent increase in daily calories from trans fat, risk of coronary heart disease increases by 23 percent. Most trans fat in the average American's diet comes from commercially baked goods, margarine, snack foods, fried foods and other processed foods
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
A Natural Supplement almost nobody is aware of , that can help you overcome Uncomfortable body weight and size, including adipose tissue even if everything else that you have tried didn't work for you. Call me on 08035535370, 08097024174 or whatsapp 08035535370
Bbm 556f8335
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
STEP 1 - Set your goal and write it down

Many self development gurus advocate that to achieve something, you must first set your goals and to write it down.

You must be thinking what goal is there to set since you merely want to maintain your weight. But the truth is that even maintaining your body weight itself is a goal. Because your weight can actually swing the other way and you start gaining pounds!

STEP 2 - Find out how many calories your body need

As you probably know, how many calories your body need depends on many factors like your basal metabolism rate, age, sex, job, activity level. In fact, it is almost impossible to be precise due to these variables.

However, there is a rule of thumb based on your level of exercise:

- Light Exercise: Multiply your weight in pounds by 14

- Moderate Exercise: Multiply your weight in pounds by 16

- Heavy Exercise: Multiply your weight in pounds by 18

For example, Kelly weighs 140 pounds. She is moderately active. Her calorie needs are 140 x 16 = 2240 calories/day

Again, remember that this is just an approximate guideline.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2015
Calculate your BMI.
Your BMI is a better indication of your ideal weight compared to an actual number on the scale. That is because the BMI takes into consideration your height and weight and uses that to calculate your level of fatness. A weight range can vary from 1 extreme to the other, and may not take into consideration your height. To calculate your BMI, multiply your weight in lbs. by 703, then divide that number by your height in inches, squared. So if you weighed 120 lbs and you were 65 inches (165.1 cm) tall, your BMI would be 19. In metric, divide your weight by your height squared. Your BMI number can then be compared to a BMI chart to determine if you are at your ideal BMI or not.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2015
Calculate your resting metabolic rate.
After you have identified that you are at your ideal weight, the next thing to do is calculate your resting metabolic rate (RMR). The reason for doing so is that weight is neither gained nor lost when the calories you burn is equal to the calories you consume. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you burn more calories than you eat, then you lose weight. Search for a resting metabolic rate calculator, which will calculate approximately how many calories your body burns on a daily rate. The calculator will include regular daily activities, but it won't account for any workouts or training sessions you may have.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 11:07am On Nov 01, 2015
Count your calories.
When you know what your RMR is, then you can calculate how many calories you consume in a day. Just make a note of what and how much you eat, and then look up the caloric value for those foods. Add them up.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
What is type 2 diabetes?
T​ype 2 diabetes is a disease in which blood sugar levels are above normal. High blood sugar is a major cause of heart disease, kidney disease, stroke, amputation, and blindness. In 2009, diabetes was the seventh leading cause of death in the United States.3

Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes. Family history and genes play a large role in type 2 diabetes. Other risk factors include a low activity level, poor diet, and excess body weight around the waist. In the United States, type 2 diabetes is more common among blacks, Latinos, and American Indians than among whites.4
How is type 2 diabetes linked to overweight?
About 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese.5 It isn't clear why people who are overweight are more likely to develop this disease. It may be that being overweight causes cells to change, making them resistant to the hormone insulin. Insulin carries sugar from blood to the cells, where it is used for energy. When a person is insulin resistant, blood sugar cannot be taken up by the cells, resulting in high blood sugar. In addition, the cells that produce insulin must work extra hard to try to keep blood sugar normal. This may cause these cells to gradually fail.
How can weight loss help?
If you are at risk for type 2 diabetes, losing weight may help prevent or delay the onset of diabetes. If you have type 2 diabetes, losing weight and becoming more physically active can help you control your blood sugar levels and prevent or delay health problems. Losing weight and exercising more may also allow you to reduce the amount of diabetes medicine you take.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
In July 2015, my doctor told me that I was very overweight and that if I continued to maintain the unhealthy lifestyle I was living, I would soon be facing a variety of health risks. My doctor advised me to begin incorporating light exercise into my daily routine, so I register with a a gym. Along with exercise, I also decided to start making healthier eating choices.

About two months after I began my weight loss journey, a friend introduced me to Forever Living Products and their many benefits. At this point I was serious about improving my health, so I chose to begin Forever's Weight Loss Program immediately.

Not long after I began using the products, I started to feel much better and was losing the weight gradually. It took me one year to lose 60 pounds; I went from weighing 195 pounds and a size 18 to 135 pounds and a size 8! this products I found to be most beneficial to my success . I am still using these products and more to maintain my current weight. My goal is to lose five more pounds.
Re: Risk Of Over Weight by Obebedy(m): 6:23am On Nov 15, 2015
For the natural supplement that make you loss weight, You can contact me through bbm 555f8335 or call 08035535370, 08097024174 or whatsapp 08035535370

(1) (Reply)

Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused / Five Out Of Six Nigerian Women Have Fibroids Growth; Many Don’t Just Know. / Why Doctors Worldwide Can't Forgive Laennec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.