Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,644 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused (811 Views)

Blood In Semen, Please Help / River Mysteriously Turns To Blood In Ghana. / Blood In Stool For Years; Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by ThatNova(m): 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
please medical doctors and students, what is the cause of having scarce blood in the veins. each time I go for blood related test, I'm sure of getting at least 10 punctures before enough blood can be drawn. I'm sure it's not from the nurses because it has happened different times with different labs. I'm getting nothing tangible from the internet.
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by amtaken(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Eat unripe plantain with plenty of vegetables at least 5 times a week.
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by Baroba(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
ThatNova:
please medical doctors and students, what is the cause of having scarce blood in the veins. each time I go for blood related test, I'm sure of getting at least 10 punctures before enough blood can be drawn. I'm sure it's not from the nurses because it has happened different times with different labs. I'm getting nothing tangible from the internet.

Your question is not very clear, do you mean you are difficult to bleed by health care staff?? It could be nurses or whoever is attempting to take bloods find venous access difficult to locate, unfortunately not everyone os blessed with what we call good veins..

Try this before you next appointment, drink lots of water to boost venous pressure and volume, start an exercise program ( it helps with keeping veins engorged and it equally helps with blood circulation) grin..

I presume you are young, normally I see this problem with overweight patients, the elderly, with threadlike thin veins and patients with poor oral intake .. Though I don't agree with poking someone ten times, maybe next time you should be referred to someone well trained in drawing arterial blood... Good luck

1 Like

Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by ThatNova(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Baroba:

Your question is not very clear, do you mean you are difficult to bleed by health care staff?? It could be nurses or whoever is attempting to take bloods find venous access difficult to locate, unfortunately not everyone os blessed with what we call good veins..

Try this before you next appointment, drink lots of water to boost venous pressure and volume, start an exercise program ( it helps with keeping veins engorged and it equally helps with blood circulation) grin..

I presume you are young, normally I see this problem with overweight patients, the elderly, with threadlike thin veins and patients with poor oral intake .. Though I don't agree with poking someone ten times, maybe next time you should be referred to someone well trained in drawing arterial blood... Good luck
thanks much. what I am implying is that they draw out air each time, instead of blood. I don't think it's from the nurses because it happens on every occasion. Today's reoccurrence got me scared because the blood collection was done by the HOD laboratory department at a university teaching hospital,she is too experienced to make such mistakes
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by ThatNova(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
amtaken:
Eat unripe plantain with plenty of vegetables at least 5 times a week.

that's like approximately everyday ooo, I think my blood level is fine. just that it doesn't flow through my veins or something...and it has been repeating for 4-5 years now.
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by ThatNova(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=Baroba post=46755524]

but does it mean that I've not been taking enough water for a period of 5yrs cos it started about 5yrs ago.??
secondly, should I not worry about it? sorry for asking too much questions, I am just concerned and worried
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by amtaken(f): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
Time to go to the hospital.
ThatNova:

that's like approximately everyday ooo, I think my blood level is fine. just that it doesn't flow through my veins or something...and it has been repeating for 4-5 years now.
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by ThatNova(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
amtaken:
scared of the unknown.. I would like to know my odds firstly
Re: Scarce Blood In The Veins, What's The Cause? I'm Confused by Baroba(m): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
amtaken:

I agree with amtaken, its obviously not whatbi thought it was, what's you haemoglobin level?? anyway, you need to see a hematologist bro. There could be something underlying..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Litre Dettol Available 24pcs For Sale / Scam On Going At The School Of Dental Nursing LUTH / Natural Remedy To Reduce High Blood Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.